PDA

View Full Version : For those who got banned from Oink because of SERVERNET

mathieuleplusbeau
02-03-2007, 02:21 AM
Hi,

I'm one of those who lost their Oink account because SERVERNET sold on ebay the invites we gave him. I just want everybody to be careful for invite sellers like him. And if you want to support people who have been fooled by this guy, a trade for a Oink invite would be appreciated, just so we could rebuild an account. Thanks a lot for your time and understanding.

Matheo

bunny67
02-03-2007, 02:24 AM
:O do you have proof?

iStix
02-03-2007, 02:26 AM
If your IP is static no one will help you, Oink has policy for not inviting people who was disabled... If you have dynamic IP than you good to go. ;)

Backslash
02-03-2007, 02:27 AM
you're kidding right? there's proof everywhere now. he even admitted to it

gamer4eva
02-03-2007, 02:34 AM
But i find it still hard to believe....he is such a good member as far as i know!!!!

bunny67
02-03-2007, 02:36 AM
you're kidding right? there's proof everywhere now. he even admitted to itbeen watching film but just read n caught up ,i thought he was a good guy:wacko:

phoenixfire
02-03-2007, 02:37 AM
you're kidding right? there's proof everywhere now. he even admitted to itbeen watching film but just read n caught up ,i thought he was a good guy:wacko:lol no he's been caught cheating and everything.:lol:

roccofor
02-03-2007, 02:37 AM
confused. :(

hangemhigh
02-03-2007, 02:44 AM
how much did it go for?

bunny67
02-03-2007, 02:49 AM
been watching film but just read n caught up ,i thought he was a good guy:wacko:lol no he's been caught cheating and everything.:lol: thats a :shit: thing to do ,is he now banned from here?

Buggyme
02-03-2007, 02:49 AM
But i find it still hard to believe....he is such a good member as far as i know!!!!

Yeah, he seems to be a decent invite trader.

phoenixfire
02-03-2007, 02:54 AM
lol no he's been caught cheating and everything.:lol: thats a :shit: thing to do ,is he now banned from here?No, because cheating aside he is actually an honest invite trader. I dont know he must be using 56k or something cuz I don't see why you would cheat.:ph34r:

0Ri0N
02-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Here hes asking for OiNK PU!
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-want-oink-pu-and-bitme-pu-153063

I thing he was banned already.
Damn im shocked.... :O

StevenVD
02-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Any proves that he is a cheater ?

bunny67
02-03-2007, 03:09 AM
thats a :shit: thing to do ,is he now banned from here?No, because cheating aside he is actually an honest invite trader. I dont know he must be using 56k or something cuz I don't see why you would cheat.:ph34r:it does say in rules the selling of invite will get you banned!!!

buddy
02-03-2007, 03:12 AM
It says so in their login page..

phoenixfire
02-03-2007, 03:13 AM
No, because cheating aside he is actually an honest invite trader. I dont know he must be using 56k or something cuz I don't see why you would cheat.:ph34r:it does say in rules the selling of invite will get you banned!!!
Well yeah it does but I thought that meant selling invites here.
He sold them on ebay.

phoenixfire
02-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Any proves that he is a cheater ?It was on a different forum I think. I can't remember where exactly I saw it but he was banned on oink before for cheating his ratio.

bunny67
02-03-2007, 03:14 AM
it does say in rules the selling of invite will get you banned!!!
Well yeah it does but I thought that meant selling invites here.
He sold them on ebay.yeah from what i have read he gets invites from members then sells em on ebay that aint right it dont matter how many rep points he has

gamer4eva
02-03-2007, 03:23 AM
It is like the rep system again has proved to be meaningless....is there no true way of getting the true members that don't sell invites or cheat? I guess it's a slow and continual process which is why we are here so we all can make this community a better place to be!!!!!!!

bunny67
02-03-2007, 03:26 AM
It is like the rep system again has proved to be meaningless....is there no true way of getting the true members that don't sell invites or cheat? I guess it's a slow and continual process which is why we are here so we all can make this community a better place to be!!!!!!!maybe before coming into invite section members have to give 2 sites there members of n staff can check there accounts

gamer4eva
02-03-2007, 03:28 AM
I dont think that method would be really appropriate as it invades privacy of member and they will feel insecure. Like i said earlier this process is steady and slow and this forum has now got more members dedicated to keep it safe!!!

mathieuleplusbeau
02-03-2007, 03:55 AM
yes it is real. And I gave up my invites for a guy who selled them. I got banned from Oink. And poor myself, I think I have a static adress. Anyway, if anyone has an invite for free, it would be really nice. I know, how can you trust me ? I can't prove it... only RealitY can because I told him who the guy was before anybody here. Thanks :)

And I had a ratio of over 5 : http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/176496_20070127112335.png.html

i.dragonfly
02-03-2007, 06:15 AM
And I had a ratio of over 5 : http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/176496_20070127112335.png.html

I feel for ya man. I know how difficult it is to get a good ratio there, especially uploading over 67GB!
Sorry I can't help you - I'm a new member there myself.

HOTP
02-03-2007, 07:15 AM
im banned aswelllllllllllllllllllllll

HOW DID THIS HAPPOEN...i was a power user...

help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:(:(:(

they wont elp he im the OiNK chat

Use the Edit button istead of triple-posting
//Chewie UK

asafisraeli123
02-03-2007, 08:49 AM
he fu**ing sold it on eBay? omg...

DKre8ive1
02-03-2007, 09:16 AM
You guys think that the invite seller is going to try an look bad in this section that would be shooting himself in the foot.

I feel sorry for all the honest users who got screwed, but I say just take it as a lesson learned.

Another tip if you see a user ask for an invite to xxx private site and then the next week ask for the same site and then some time later see that person asking for the same site.

I think you should start wondering why in hell this guy needs so many invites to the same site.

buddy
02-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Good Point! I also wonder the same thing and keep away from those people.. They would usually lead to trouble :)

stoma
02-03-2007, 11:53 AM
He told me(servernet) that he need bitme invites for his friends at college ...but honestly he was trusted regarding trading..

one more thing //this rep. point system is useless ..i got scammed yesterday from Pwr who had 5 rep. points ..

RainRoofer
02-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I think you should start wondering why in hell this guy needs so many invites to the same site.
It's hard to keep track of every member what he's up to.

RainRoofer
02-03-2007, 12:08 PM
It's hard to keep track of every member what he's up to.

bunny67
02-03-2007, 12:15 PM
He told me(servernet) that he need bitme invites for his friends at college ...but honestly he was trusted regarding trading..

one more thing //this rep. point system is useless ..i got scammed yesterday from Pwr who had 5 rep. points ..if sme1 asks me for a invite for a friend ,brother or cousin etc i tell them no that if those people want an invite to get off their ass join this site like everyone else does

HOTP
02-03-2007, 12:41 PM
im done trading invites....:(

bunny67
02-03-2007, 12:44 PM
im done trading invites....:(not every1 is the same mate there are good people here also

marksman
02-03-2007, 12:46 PM

well yea ...trade with trusted ppl!

or else u would never make it to the top lol

Green Goblin
02-03-2007, 12:48 PM

I hear you
ive joined this list as well no more freebies.

Chewie
02-03-2007, 12:54 PM
He told me(servernet)one more thing //this rep. point system is useless ..i got scammed yesterday from Pwr who had 5 rep. points ..
How could we improve it?

The Trading Rep system is only as good as you members make it.

If you hand out Rep Points for people giving away invites to sites such as Demonoid then it's not going to mean much, is it?
Use it responsibly and it will mean more.

There is nothing that can be done to protect you from members such as SERVERNET that actually trade successfully here but sell or retrade and lose you your accounts. Everyone thought SERVERNET was on the up-and-up so his TR was probably an accurate reflection of general opinion of him at the time.

Because it's not 100% effective does not mean it isn't useful or should be removed. It's a bit like complaining gun laws in England don't help because there's still some gun crime; you can't repeal it just because it doesn't halt the problem completely but since it has some effect then it's useful and needed.

Green Goblin
02-03-2007, 12:57 PM
He told me(servernet)one more thing //this rep. point system is useless ..i got scammed yesterday from Pwr who had 5 rep. points ..
How could we improve it?

The Trading Rep system is only as good as you members make it.

If you hand out Rep Points for people giving away invites to sites such as Demonoid then it's not going to mean much, is it?
Use it responsibly and it will mean more.

There is nothing that can be done to protect you from members such as SERVERNET that actually trade successfully here but sell or retrade and lose you your accounts. Everyone thought SERVERNET was on the up-and-up so his TR was probably an accurate reflection of general opinion of him at the time.

Because it's not 100% effective does not mean it isn't useful or should be removed. It's a bit like complaining gun laws in England don't help because there's still some gun crime; you can't repeal it just because it doesn't halt the problem completely but since it has some effect then it's useful and needed.

easiest way to do it is to read the posts of users and see what they have asked for. its that easy.

shazzar
02-03-2007, 01:00 PM

I hear you
ive joined this list as well no more freebies.

Guess that mean the geunine honest members will suffers because of a few bad ones.

would be nice if rep point were only given for trades and we had somehow of nowing what members traded and with whom.

Can you try to use a oink invite for registering again or would you end up losing it if they clock on?

blacklisted
02-03-2007, 01:16 PM
so one member does sth bad.....and u all decide to giv up on giving invites?? i mean how can u say this guyzz .....all of u must hv seen forums like zp,slyck.....fst is way way better and the trading rep is quite effective but every system will hv its flaws now n then and its for all us fst members to suggest how it can be made better....i am sure the mods and Reality will be happy to hear to all suggestions

taba
02-03-2007, 01:50 PM

one more thing //this rep. point system is useless ..i got scammed yesterday from Pwr who had 5 rep. points ..

now i knew y my bitme banned without being forbidden from the site
my acc was in his bitme inv tree
damn it he is an honest trader really
but i got banned after dealing with em
wat a counsedence
but i still have faith in rep sys as a guide sys no a perfect one but it is really help

if any 1 can pass me bitme plz:yup:

Shadowfire
02-03-2007, 02:26 PM
I only saw this coming. There was another incident where there was another guy named SERVERNET on Zeropaid who did some scamming, but SERVERNET here on FST adamantly denied that the person on Zeropaid was him. Ever since, I was at least slightly suspicious, because there was no counterproof that the person wasn't him.

Another thing: rep points doesn't condone lack of common sense. I think that some people automatically think people with rep points are automatically trustworthy. Well, don't. Read posts of theirs, and whatever. Always keep track of accusations of cheating, accusations of scamming, and username changes. Keep a record of the Scam Report thread for yourself before mods delete the posts. Generally, there is a reason for those accusations. It's work to accuse someone, so people don't do it for nothing. good reason.

blacklisted
02-03-2007, 03:07 PM
@shadowfire........i want that pic as my desktop background.......plzzzz do u know where can i get a bigger resolution for this :)

buddy
02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I only saw this coming. There was another incident where there was another guy named SERVERNET on Zeropaid who did some scamming, but SERVERNET here on FST adamantly denied that the person on Zeropaid was him. Ever since, I was at least slightly suspicious, because there was no counterproof that the person wasn't him.

Another thing: rep points doesn't condone lack of common sense. I think that some people automatically think people with rep points are automatically trustworthy. Well, don't. Read posts of theirs, and whatever. Always keep track of accusations of cheating, accusations of scamming, and username changes. Keep a record of the Scam Report thread for yourself before mods delete the posts. Generally, there is a reason for those accusations. It's work to accuse someone, so people don't do it for nothing. good reason.

Respects to the post! :cool:

It pretty much sums up the whole trick to not getting scammed. The only thing that is left to be said is - If it is too good to be true, it usually Isn't!

taba
02-03-2007, 03:43 PM
@shadowfire........i want that pic as my desktop background.......plzzzz do u know where can i get a bigger resolution for this :)

HAHAHA OFF TOPIC MAN
but i respect ur sense fine choice 4 background:yup:

Shadowfire
02-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I already told you that I made it myself as a sig, so there's no bigger pic.

I agree with you, Buddy. There are many examples of "If it's too good to be true, then it's usually not true".

bunny67
02-03-2007, 03:56 PM

I agree with you, Buddy. There are many examples of "If it's too good to be true, then it's usually not true".that is true n never trade well i dnt with any1 with no rep if in doubt ask around ,pm members here with high rep or sme1 that comes in here regularly

N@LiM
02-03-2007, 04:05 PM
@bunny67

Where r ur trading reps ?? None can be seen on ur profile

buddy
02-03-2007, 04:07 PM
That can be hidden in the profile options ;)

bunny67
02-03-2007, 04:10 PM
@bunny67

Where r ur trading reps ?? None can be seen on ur profilehidden lol ill give you a flash if you want

shazzar
02-03-2007, 11:01 PM

I agree with you, Buddy. There are many examples of "If it's too good to be true, then it's usually not true".that is true n never trade well i dnt with any1 with no rep if in doubt ask around ,pm members here with high rep or sme1 that comes in here regularly

well this incident would prove that relying on rep points dont help either. I dont have many rep points but have traded with a few people, one of which was for a sct invite.i could easily bump up my rep points and post count if i wanted to.

You need to read into a members posts, the type of trades his done and with whom they have done and even then for torrent like sct rely on your insticts/luck .

har786
02-04-2007, 12:07 AM
ul

SpiderPig
02-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Don't trade. Period. :)

buddy
02-04-2007, 02:54 AM
that is true n never trade well i dnt with any1 with no rep if in doubt ask around ,pm members here with high rep or sme1 that comes in here regularly

well this incident would prove that relying on rep points dont help either. I dont have many rep points but have traded with a few people, one of which was for a sct invite.i could easily bump up my rep points and post count if i wanted to.

You need to read into a members posts, the type of trades his done and with whom they have done and even then for torrent like sct rely on your insticts/luck .

Rep points dont work only because people give reps to others for handing out free invites.. It is easy to get rep points this way. It is how that Pwer guy managed to fool a lot of people in one night! :ermm:

StevenVD
02-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Don't trade. Period. :)

Hey why not ? not everyone is the same... :)

N@LiM
02-04-2007, 06:43 AM
That can be hidden in the profile options ;)
oh.. thnx fo info.. was not ever of that

@bunny67

Where r ur trading reps ?? None can be seen on ur profilehidden lol ill give you a flash if you want
thnx...
anyways u are trusted enuf even without these rep points :)

N@LiM
02-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Rep points dont work only because people give reps to others for handing out free invites.. It is easy to get rep points this way. It is how that Pwer guy managed to fool a lot of people in one night! :ermm:
ya.. most of the times it is the condition of the free invite giver " give me a rep point and I will send u invite"
but if we in case of Servenet... reps for free invite was not the case...he was a good trader.. never scamming..but what he did with the invites/account afterwards that caused the trouble...

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2007, 06:56 AM
If I had a rep point 4 every time I gave a free invite....:whistling

buddy
02-04-2007, 07:27 AM
ya.. most of the times it is the condition of the free invite giver " give me a rep point and I will send u invite"
but if we in case of Servenet... reps for free invite was not the case...he was a good trader.. never scamming..but what he did with the invites/account afterwards that caused the trouble...

Servernet was a one off case.. There could not be many here who would do the same. I hope people stop asking reps for free invites.. Afterall, it is their act that counts.. not the adulation and pat on the back that follows. :)

f@flot
02-04-2007, 07:42 AM
lol what this guy did is a WAY different from cheating and so he was a good trader just sold invites..

Dr. Lecter
02-04-2007, 07:45 AM
i see it like this - i wanted to trade with u (& get a rep point) but I have all the sites that u r offering.... so give me back a point.
There r lots of veterans here who has most of the sites, if u won't give them rep points 4 their presents - they will b with 0 reps.

buddy
02-04-2007, 07:46 AM
lol what this guy did is a WAY different from cheating and so he was a good trader just sold invites..

Yeap, that is what I meant by a one off case..

i see it like this - i wanted to trade with u (& get a rep point) but I have all the sites that u r offering.... so give me back a point.
There r lots of veterans here who has most of the sites, if u won't give them rep points 4 their presents - they will b with 0 reps.

Why do veterans need rep points if they already have all the sites? If they want to trade for something new, then obviously people will trust them for their personal status.. not just for the rep points.

I dont think that the rep points are a symbol of being revered or anything.. :)