PDA

View Full Version : Can I Play Halo 2 On My PC?

Elvenmunky
02-04-2007, 07:40 PM
is there any possible way i can play it? i have no xbox but really want to play this game

SirGray
02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Depends it comes out around the 2nd quarter of 2007 and It requires windows vista to play, thats about all I know, maby someone else can shed some more light on this?

silent h3ro
02-04-2007, 11:23 PM
They have a Halo 2 mod for Halo but it kinda sucks, imo.

darknessgp
02-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Why would you want to? Have you tried Halo 1 on PC, it sucks ass. Seriously, as an XBox game the Halo series is great, but when compared to the PC FPS games or atleast the Halo port compared to PC FPS games it is crap. I'd suggest playing some Counter-strike source gun game mod or something.

mr. nails
02-05-2007, 05:12 AM
Have you tried Halo 1 on PC, it sucks ass. Seriously, as an XBox game the Halo series is great, but when compared to the PC FPS games or atleast the Halo port compared to PC FPS games it is crap.

i've heard this be4. why is this? explain. i have the game and ONLY play sp part of it and thought it was good. i've never played the xbox version. what's the prob?

MCHeshPants420
02-05-2007, 10:51 AM
I've played the game on PC and thought it was okay, not worth the hype though. I just put all the hype down to console-users having lower standards.

silent h3ro
02-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I believe this game is more geared toward a console which is why it sucked so badly on the PC. It wasn't even the graphics problem, really. Now a few years later after the release, our PCs can run it much better if you are the average gamer who keeps their PC up to spec. FPS are generally much better on the PC with the exception of Halo among a very few others. Also, when this game was released in 2001, I think it was ahead of its time in that it had the story, graphics, and gameplay down really great.

Busyman™
02-06-2007, 03:31 AM
Wasn't Halo released on PC about 2 years after the Xbox.

I doubt Bungie touched it up that much.

I think what helped make Halo tight is.......the music.

Many times games, like movies, aren't just about the visuals and story. The sound rounds out the overall feel of the game.

Halo was great on all fronts but the sound helped set it apart from many other FPSs.

silent h3ro
02-06-2007, 03:51 AM
Yeah, you are right about the sound to that is another great aspect of it but even if you just have great sound does not mean a good game because you need the great gameplay to go along with it.

Busyman™
02-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Yeah, you are right about the sound to that is another great aspect of it but even if you just have great sound does not mean a good game because you need the great gameplay to go along with it.

Captainobviously

SirGray
02-06-2007, 04:55 AM
I dunno It was an ok game but no way even near as good as the hype was saying it was, I mean the hype just ruined it for me, sorta like fable.

MCHeshPants420
02-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Ugh, Fable. What a load of crap that was. Like Elder Scrolls if they decided to make it utterly linear and take away that pesky open-ended world gimmick (seriously I've been in dungeons in Morrowind that took me longer to complete than Fable).

etai3000
03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
why halo 1 i pretty good for the pc theres some mod that can play ps2 on the computer so i assume its the same for the xbox

silent h3ro
03-14-2007, 12:24 AM
why halo 1 i pretty good for the pc theres some mod that can play ps2 on the computer so i assume its the same for the xboxlol Nooo sir. The Xbox CPU and Graphics are a lot better performance wise which is much harder to emulate than PS2. There are no real Xbox emulators out that I know of.

Melchior00
03-14-2007, 03:43 AM
+ ps2 emulation isin't perfect, yet.. Pcsx2 existe since, well, 4 years ? Its only since last years that some major games like ff X works well with a strong pc. Theres isin't any serious xbox emulator around however, even if the xbox cpu and gpu was alot stronger than the ps2, the overall xbox achitecture was calqued from a PC. modified win 2000 kernel, usb port for pads etc.. Ps2 as a rather more complexe CPU to emulate. I think that they are both near equaly hard to emulate on a pc.

macking
03-18-2007, 12:54 AM
PS2 would be harder to emulate because of its design, damn I know I wouldn't want to write an emulator for the PS2.

I think the Xbox has something on the game disk which makes emulating Xbox games very difficult or even impossible.

Either way your better off buying the consoles off ebuy at cheap prices.

Halo 1 was definetely better on the PC than it was on the console.

It wasn't too touched up but better than Xbox in terms of graphics, especially at higher resolution.

I can't wait for Halo 2 on PC, I've got it on Xbox but I can only go so far before the controls get to me on consoles.

suckit1
03-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Halo2 definitely made mainly for XBOX. Waiting for the 3rd