PDA

View Full Version : any chance for pardon ?

pipko
02-05-2007, 09:04 PM
i was banned from the site because a member from the site sent me a privet message and offered me that he will add me a rep point and i will add him in return ,i didnt think at that moment and accepted his offer and i am sorry for that and i understand that i should be banned but there is any chance you will change the ban ,you banned my till 2015 ,but i understood my mistake and i am very sorry for that ,can you change the ban period please

:) have a nice day

Mr JP Fugley
02-05-2007, 09:20 PM
How can you be banned, you're posting.

mestari
02-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Disabled Privileges
:)

Mr JP Fugley
02-05-2007, 10:03 PM
So, not banned then.

Barbarossa
02-05-2007, 10:10 PM
8 years! :o

harsh :(

Mr JP Fugley
02-05-2007, 10:12 PM
But fair.

Rules is rules.

mestari
02-05-2007, 10:17 PM
So, not banned then.
Okay, that's a good point :)

Mr JP Fugley
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
So, not banned then.
Okay, that's a good point :)

I'm assuming the privilige which has been withdrawn is the one the chap abused.

So I suppose that, if he's only really here to abuse the BT invite system, then that's the same as a ban anyway.

No offence here, however my heart is far from bleeding.

morphine
02-06-2007, 02:13 PM
We're on the same boat, Pipko. Same punishment. 8 year punishment. I, like you, wasnt the instigator of anything. The guy seemed so anxious to get in the invite giveway. I told him that i would give him a rep point if he would be trustworhty. He answered back saying that he was, and that he already had given me a rep point.

I didnt even ask for him to give me anything. After that i felt obligated to give him the rep point. I know i shouldnt but i did. And to be honest i'm not all that sorry for giving him that rep point, he was truly interested in getting a free invite to a top tracker.

At least not as i'm sorry for the rep points i gave to half of the people that gave me free invites. Because half of them, pm'ed me almost demanding to be added a rep point for their invite. Which reveals their intention of building a reputation through invites, god knows for what. I dont care for rep points. It would be easy to have a lot of rep points. I've always tried to be helpful and construtive with my posts. Nobody has any reason whatsoever to complaint about me.

I dont mind the punishment if i broke a rule, consciously or not. Banning me from a section for 8 years, i do mind. If it warrants such a punishment, why not ban me from the site altogether. I must've done something horrible. And it wasnt given me the opportunity of even admiting that i'd done something wrong. It's summary. If thats the way users are treated, maybe you better ban me completly. That way i wouldnt spent so much time in this forum.

Chip Monk
02-06-2007, 02:23 PM
This is turning into my fave thread.

Ava Estelle
02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
... my heart is far from bleeding.
It was a different story when you broke the rules though, wasn't it? You cried for days!

Why don't these people just make up another username, it's not as if the ones you have are the ones you were born with.

Virtualbody1234
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Why don't these people just make up another username, it's not as if the ones you have are the ones you were born with.

Because that would be against the board rules:

Rule 13 - Banning/Moderation
If you get placed on 'Moderation' or a 'Ban', do not circumvent that action by creating or logging into another account. Doing so can result in a permanent ban to all accounts.

You wouldn't do that would you? :whistling

Mr JP Fugley
02-06-2007, 09:00 PM
It was a different story when you broke the rules though, wasn't it?

Yup, totally. I didn't get banned, well as far as I know. My rule break was saying to someone "If you want a pisexy invite then PM me an email address", specifically because they wanted to download stuff from Pisexy. I didn't know what rule I had broken. That was reported by some arsewipe as me breaking the rules. Someone who doesn't understand what the word trading means, obviously.

My heart isn't bleeding because they are doing something which I don't approve of, so when they get stopped I'm like, that's a good thing.

It was an altogether different story when you got banned tho'. You actually got banned. Tho' like you say you just circumvent it by using a different name.

tesco
02-06-2007, 10:25 PM
It was a different story when you broke the rules though, wasn't it? You cried for days!

Why don't these people just make up another username, it's not as if the ones you have are the ones you were born with.Because they have to wait 30 days.:lol:

Mr JP Fugley
02-06-2007, 10:46 PM

Why don't these people just make up another username, it's not as if the ones you have are the ones you were born with.Because they have to wait 30 days.:lol:

:naughty: Good point, well made.

They've also got to make another 20 posts, oh noes.

morphine
02-06-2007, 11:23 PM
I dont want to create another username and i dont understant why i would have to do it. It doesnt have anything strictly to do with the invite section, because i barely do any trades and i have almost everything that i want in the private torrent world. So the 1 month, x number of posts doesnt make a difference if i wanted to make another username.

It bothers me not being able to get in and it doesnt have anything to do with trading. I want to continue posting with this nickname, without having the "Disabled Privileges" label. And i definitely dont want to go to the user control panel and see disabled privileges till 04-22-2015 05:59 AM. What arbitrary punishment is this?

Mr JP Fugley
02-06-2007, 11:54 PM
It's not arbitrary as I understand it.

MCHeshPants420
02-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Off-topic: Can I trade some of my accounts which I've had for over a month and have over 20 posts on for invites?

morphine
02-07-2007, 12:24 AM

It's obviously not arbitrary. It's totaly reasonable. The person who dished the punishment didnt ask me what happened, didnt care to know what happened. And still gave me disabled privileges for a whooping 8 years. Whats arbitrary about that?

He can give me 5 more years for writing this and that wont have anything arbitrary with it. It's his site (i presume) and he can do with it anything that he wants.

I dont know what you understand of this situation, but we're radically apart if you understand that an 8 year punishment is fair for the alleged infringment. I didnt abuse the invite system, i dont even care for rep points. I already said that i made a mistake. I dont think i should be punished for it, but it's not me that makes and enforces the rules. So i have no problem accepting a punishment. My problem is this arbitrary (hey, its my opinion) punishment.

And here probably ends my personal rant about this situation. I will not keep feeding it. I didnt even make this thread. It's not worth it.

carbon75
02-07-2007, 02:48 AM
Maybe you could do some sort of community service.

Ava Estelle
02-07-2007, 08:57 AM

So is that worse than waiting 8 years?

Chip Monk
02-07-2007, 10:25 AM

It's obviously not arbitrary. It's totaly reasonable. The person who dished the punishment didnt ask me what happened, didnt care to know what happened. And still gave me disabled privileges for a whooping 8 years. Whats arbitrary about that?

He can give me 5 more years for writing this and that wont have anything arbitrary with it. It's his site (i presume) and he can do with it anything that he wants.

I dont know what you understand of this situation, but we're radically apart if you understand that an 8 year punishment is fair for the alleged infringment. I didnt abuse the invite system, i dont even care for rep points. I already said that i made a mistake. I dont think i should be punished for it, but it's not me that makes and enforces the rules. So i have no problem accepting a punishment. My problem is this arbitrary (hey, its my opinion) punishment.

And here probably ends my personal rant about this situation. I will not keep feeding it. I didnt even make this thread. It's not worth it.

Ah, here's the problem. You think arbitrary and fair mean the same thing.

Perhaps Admin have taken the ideas of Draco to heart and decided his system is best for the board. I've never been a great fan myself, however that's just my opinion.

Of Draco like, not Admin. I think they are fan-tastic.

Ava Estelle
02-07-2007, 11:54 AM
You think arbitrary and fair mean the same thing.
Arbitrary would be how you choose which one of your six current usernames to post with, fair would be a place of coconut shies and dodgem cars.

Chip Monk
02-07-2007, 12:13 PM
You think arbitrary and fair mean the same thing.
Arbitrary would be how you choose which one of your six current usernames to post with, fair would be a place of coconut shies and dodgem cars.

Haha, that's where you're wrong. There is madness in my method.

MCHeshPants420
02-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Pardon?

100%
02-07-2007, 02:38 PM
:lol:

pipko
02-09-2007, 12:27 PM
so ? some chance ?

Skiz
02-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Ever heard the expression, "You've made your bed, now lie in it"? It applies here.

You've lost you credibility and along with it went your privileges. Deal with it.

gamer4eva
02-09-2007, 12:46 PM
so ? some chance ?

Well you did abuse the 'rep system' which is at the moment causing problems because some members with high rep are out of bounds and are scamming and selling invites.:(

pipko
02-09-2007, 06:11 PM
i didnt do it to scame invites and sell them ,the guy ask me to give him 1 rep point so he can get an invite in the invites give away so he will be okey with the rules he already gave me one rep point without my okey and i felt not okey with that so i gave him 1 rep point

Mr JP Fugley
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
What's the rep system for again.

MCHeshPants420
02-09-2007, 07:00 PM

Repping.

pentomato
02-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Gosh that was harsh, he trick you into into, that's why you should never trade with anyone

Mr JP Fugley
02-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Repping.

I thought that was ghetto poetry, for the posh.

Arff
02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Trading rep points is only gonna encourage scammers

TorrenTy
04-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Rules are Rules , right But every law and rule in the real world , has a time limit .

consider that

raspberry1331
04-09-2007, 06:54 PM
this punishment is indeed ridiculous.

Skiz
04-09-2007, 06:56 PM
this punishment is indeed ridiculous.

Not as ridiculous as bumping old threads.

MediaSlayer
04-09-2007, 07:47 PM

what he needs, is a go between, like when u die and your angel pleads for you for mercy.

but i think 8 years is too long for anything. 1 year is almost too long.