PDA

View Full Version : XP problem

gerb
02-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Its doing wierd things - in My Computer when I try to open a folder it wont - try to open another and the first stays highlighted - same for any amount I try. When I open Google (for instance) it takes over the whole page (and some more) clicking anywhere on page produces another google page. Nothing open properly. Did virus check (AVG) - clear - used Windows Defender - no problems.

Any advice - thats not too technical (computer muppet)

harrycary
02-06-2007, 12:04 AM
you may have some sort of malware inadvertently installed on your PC.

this may be eating up your resources(memory, clock cycles on your processor)

but you aren't describing your symptoms very well.

give more detail.

Chewie
02-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Go to Kaspersky (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner) and get a scan your computer if you can.

gerb
02-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your help -- I've solved the problem --- and my grandson has been suitably clipped around the ear! (lol)

zapjb
02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your help -- I've solved the problem --- and my grandson has been suitably clipped around the ear! (lol)
Welcome to FST.

To the betterment of others on fileSHARINGtalk. How did you solve this?

gerb
02-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Stopped getting raty - thought about -- and realised that there was a soft beeping noise now coming from the computer -- un-connected the keyboard -- and bleeping stoppped -- changed keyboard -- rebooted computer and everything worked fine. Lifted old keybord for inspection and found that my hand was wet and sticky (?!!***!!**) --- 'chastised' grandson about having soft drinks near computers!!!

zapjb
02-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Thank you for posting the solution.

And sometimes, as here I get a good chuckle.

Skiz
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
you may have some sort of malware inadvertently installed on your PC.

this may be eating up your resources(memory, clock cycles on your processor)

but you aren't describing your symptoms very well.

give more detail.

:O

I saw that avatar and thought {B}{O}{T} was back. :lol: