PDA

View Full Version : whats my frikkin' IP?

brenda
02-07-2007, 09:37 PM
how do i get my IP add? its been years since I needed it and can't remember

Alien5
02-07-2007, 09:43 PM
whatsmyip.org/

brenda
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
it doesn't look right, I'm sure it begins with 192. but that starts with 89.

Alien5
02-07-2007, 09:47 PM
im no expert on ip's but thats how i find out my ip when it changes.

Jagarga
02-07-2007, 09:48 PM
click start>run
type in cmd
press enter
type in ipconfig
press enter

this is your local ip on your network, the ip alan referred you to is your internet one.

Alien5
02-07-2007, 09:48 PM
exactly :P i was too lazy to say that.

Jagarga
02-07-2007, 09:50 PM
192.168.1.1 haxxx

missie
02-07-2007, 09:59 PM
http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

:unsure:

brenda
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
thank you people of the net

Mr JP Fugley
02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
For the hard of thinking.

The 192 range is for your LAN (Local Area Network).

Your router will give you a 192.168.1.x or possibly 192.168.2.x address, it uses this to identify the different machines. You can see who's who by looking at the DHCP list. Type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 into your browser and that'll let you look at the setting of your router.

The router will connect to the WAN, that's your real IP like.

Cunting fuck, I've even bored myself now.

Mr JP Fugley
02-07-2007, 10:37 PM
For the hard of thinking.

The 192 range is for your LAN (Local Area Network).

Your router will give you a 192.168.1.x or possibly 192.168.2.x address, it uses this to identify the different machines. You can see who's who by looking at the DHCP list. Type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 into your browser and that'll let you look at the setting of your router.

The router will connect to the WAN, that's your real IP like.

Cunting fuck, I've even bored myself now.

missie
02-07-2007, 11:14 PM
:sleeping:

sorry, wha?

Alien5
02-07-2007, 11:30 PM
:cry: i was worried that everyone knew my ip was 192.168.1.x

gamer4eva
02-07-2007, 11:32 PM
I just google whats my IP.....

Mr JP Fugley
02-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I just google whats my IP.....

Trading Rep = 25.

Wouldn't it be easier to just have the sig "I'm a cawk and I hate private bittorrent trackers so I want to fuck them up and I think file sharing should be stopped, so I'm helping get it done, by sharing invites with strangers."

Alien5
02-07-2007, 11:50 PM
on the internet are everyone strangers? alot of private bittorrent trackers dont mind you trading invites. They need new leechers. the ones who don't want their invites traded are not desperate for new users because they are so good at what they do.

manker
02-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just have the sig "I'm a cawk and I hate private bittorrent trackers so I want to fuck them up and I think file sharing should be stopped, so I'm helping get it done, by sharing invites with strangers."Naw.

I think having a user-name which simply states gamer4eva says 'I'm a cawk who has no comprehension of how my actions affect others' much more succinctly than any convoluted sig ever could.

Alien5
02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
theres two sides to every story. it doesn't matter who's side your on, you wont stop people trading invites.

its funny when a new torrent site starts up, you get a member of staff throwing invites away to everyone on here, then a month later the site has enough users they change their tune and say we don't allow invite trading. :glag:

manker
02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
theres two sides to every story. it doesn't matter who's side your on, you wont stop people trading invites.
Thankfully, I could care less about torrent trading.

That, however, doesn't stop me deriding others who engage in the practice.

It's a bit like shagging your mother - I don't do it but I'd take the pish out of anyone that did.

Mr JP Fugley
02-08-2007, 12:08 AM

It's a bit like shagging your mother - I don't do it but I'd take the pish out of anyone that did.

Be honest, you've never even met his Mother. She might be hawt.

manker
02-08-2007, 12:11 AM

Be honest, you've never even met his Mother. She might be hawt.Very true.

Might explain why at the age of 32, he's still living with her.

Alien5
02-08-2007, 12:14 AM
who's living with their mother at 32? is it assumption day today or something?

manker
02-08-2007, 12:16 AM
who's living with their mother at 32?
You'll have to give a street name or preferably a postcode there, flowe.

It's a bit ambidextrous otherwise.

gamer4eva
02-08-2007, 12:17 AM

Never you mind.....:lol:

But what is wrong with living at your mothers when you are 32. I had a 'teacher' who did some IT courses at local youth club and he lived with his mother and he drove her car to work and stuff.:huh:

Alien5
02-08-2007, 12:18 AM
im too tired to try to decode that one, im off to bed, niters you miserable gits.

manker
02-08-2007, 12:19 AM

But what is wrong with living at your mothers when you are 32. I had a 'teacher' who did some IT courses at local youth club and he lived with his mother and he drove her car to work and stuff.:huh:Yeah, you basically said what's wrong with it.

Btw, why did you put 'teacher' in parenthesis. It's almost as if you're suggesting that it's a euphemism :o

manker
02-08-2007, 12:19 AM
im too thick to try to decode that one, im off to bed, niters you miserable gits.Fixed and goodnight :)

gamer4eva
02-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I put 'teacher' like that because he sucks at it.......he literally goes on about some stupid networking which frankly bored me to death but the exciting part was when he let us go on the computers and 'work' but we all know that internet was the alternative option!!!!

manker
02-08-2007, 12:31 AM
I put 'teacher' like that because he sucks at it.......he literally goes on about some stupid networking which frankly bored me to death but the exciting part was when he let us go on the computers and 'work' but we all know that internet was the alternative option!!!!
So there's this 32 year old teacher who isn't respected by his pupils, doesn't teach them what he's supposed to, doesn't own his own car, doesn't own his own house - or even rent his own place - and works in a youth club.

He also lives with his mam.

Has he sucked badly at life so far. You decide.

Buffalo
02-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Brenda, if you want your true IP then join http://www.no-ip.com/
download the Dynamic DNS update client from http://www.no-ip.com/downloads.php
it's all free to use, safe & bug free.
it's very useful if you are on a proxy ISP or if you are running your own server at home.
Recommended.

Alien5
02-08-2007, 08:49 AM
So there's this 32 year old teacher who isn't respected by his pupils, doesn't teach them what he's supposed to, doesn't own his own car, doesn't own his own house - or even rent his own place - and works in a youth club.

:lol:

Gripper
02-08-2007, 07:20 PM

But what is wrong with living at your mothers when you are 32. I had a 'teacher' who did some IT courses at local youth club and he lived with his mother and he drove her car to work and stuff.:huh:

When I read that I start thinking potential pedophile and/or serial killer.

Mr JP Fugley
02-08-2007, 08:43 PM

When I read that I start thinking potential pedophile and/or serial killer.

Racist

anak
02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
yeah dude your wan ip would be on whatismyip.
cheers bro... i mean brenda

Jagarga
02-10-2007, 01:52 AM

you can't use the fact he lives with his mam as an arguement against living with his mam. it's like argueing why toast on cheese is wrong and using "also it's toast on cheese" as an arguemrnt you welsh fucking cunting lol boy cunt.

callum
02-10-2007, 02:04 AM
toast on cheese is wrong