PDA

View Full Version : Why cant

gerb
02-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Why cant I view any of the pic in these forums - 'show picture' does nothing?

Barbarossa
02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm guessing you've unticked "Show Images" in the display options of your user profile :unsure:

MCHeshPants420
02-08-2007, 10:23 AM
You need to update your drivers.

gerb
02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for prompt reply - it is ticked -- so how/where would I update drivers

MCHeshPants420
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Log out and see if you can see pictures then. If you can see pictures whilst no-one is logged in then there is something wrong with your account set-up.

Ignore my previous comment.

Barbarossa
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
The DVLA website, but I don't think that's your problem.

HAve you ad-blocked the images from this site, perchance?

Buffalo
02-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Why cant I view any of the pic in these forums - 'show picture' does nothing?

Image test..... car001.gif
>>http://www.sheringhamsurf.com/fst/car001.gif<<

If you can't see the image,
then you need to do what Mr 'MCHeshPants420 said

gerb
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Sorry for being a pest - but - checked profile settings (right boxs ticked etc - tried loging out etc - turned off pop-blocker - ok pop-ups for filesharing talk (IE7) - enabled 'allow video and images on webpages that dont use external media players' (internet options) - adaware6 is closed down.

Obviously missing something

Can I re-state problem - its the little boxes with the red X that wont operate - or am I being really stupid. (probably)

Barbarossa
02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Use Firefox

Skweeky
02-09-2007, 01:45 AM
can u not see any pictures or only some?

peat moss
02-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Sorry for being a pest - but - checked profile settings (right boxs ticked etc - tried loging out etc - turned off pop-blocker - ok pop-ups for filesharing talk (IE7) - enabled 'allow video and images on webpages that dont use external media players' (internet options) - adaware6 is closed down.

Obviously missing something

Can I re-state problem - its the little boxes with the red X that wont operate - or am I being really stupid. (probably)

I know what you mean I see that in some of my emails , did you add camera software or change the file extension for jpeg or image files etc. ?

gerb
02-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I can see 'buffalo's' car image test for instance - but after trying 10 of the little red X's I gave up. I'll go check them again and edit this as to result --- Right I can see images in some i.e. 'why do women have breasts' and 'wedding pictures' for example - but not in 'display desktop images' within the first few pages of this forum. I am not aware of having changed any formats and the camera software I have has been on the machine for around a year without creating any problems of which I am aware.

If you can't think of any reason for this then don't get fussed about it - it's not that important really -- thanks for your help and efforts - cheers