what is pretimes what does it mean?

help lol

007™
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
how fast the content gets released by scene groups and onto torrent sites

zak2210
02-10-2007, 12:50 AM
thanks!

some sites say 1 second after pre so is that mega fast or does that mean something else

Backslash
02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
1 second is possibly the fastest

xtcstylx
02-10-2007, 01:16 AM
thats like impossible to have 1 sec. Well u gotta enter the torrent name, description (sometimes). Fastest i've seen was 47 sec on FTN.

DVito
02-10-2007, 01:59 AM
thats like impossible to have 1 sec. Well u gotta enter the torrent name, description (sometimes). Fastest i've seen was 47 sec on FTN.i think i saw 23sec one time on FTN.

Melvinmeow
02-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Most sites pre DB must be out of date or getting the releases info sent to it a few minutes after the real pre time. You couldnt even post a img pack release in less than a minute between sending it to the server and posting the file.

r0uJe
02-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Their pre DB must be out of date or getting the releases info sent to it a few minutes after the real pre time. You couldnt even post a img pack release in less than a minute between sending it to the server and posting the file.

as a former FT.N uploader, ALL TV uploads are done via a Gbit box using a script. i'll give an example:

9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] NEW RELEASE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR
9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] SFV: -TV- Got SFV for Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR uploaded / . Now expecting 10 rar file(s).
9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] UPDATE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR got its first rar file / at 1.23MB/s. Now expecting 190.7MB.
9:09p (+BDZ) [BDZ] HALFWAY: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR is in halfway (uploaded 95MB so far) and leader / leader is leading the race all alone at 4.65MB/s. Estimated time left: 32s.
9:09p (+BDZ) [BDZ] COMPLETE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR with 10 files (175MB) was completed in 36s (avg. 6.14MB/s) by hidden / hidden.

the release in this example is Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR. as soon as it gets pre'd (FTN has another Gbit server funded by staff and some uploaders where it has serious affiliates!), it gets transferred to their other Gbit box where it gets uploaded. now, from server1 to server2, a script/bot is being used. from server2 to the FTN tracker, another script is being used.

in the above example, from affiliate to server1, it took only 36seconds for a 190MB file. then, it'll only take about 10-15seconds for it to get transferred to server2 since the two boxes are on the same network. after that, the script from server2 takes over and uploads it on FTN and the resulting pre-time from pre to site is:

9:09p (@FTN-BOT) -- [ TV/XviD ] - Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR was uploaded 1m, 4s after pre. --

1minute and 4seconds!

so, to recap, the keys are:

* scripts
* very very VERY fast boxes on the same network

P.S. MelvinMeow, your nick sounds familiar... TPG?

jpfinne
02-11-2007, 04:08 AM
Thanks r0uJe, excellent explanation and very detailed, good info.

silvertec
02-11-2007, 07:17 AM
how fast the content gets released by scene groups and onto torrent sites

Not exactly,pre is when a group releases it to other groups--it isn't intended for torrent sites:noes:
But lucky enough a few scener's sell their souls(Money Talks) :whistling

gbilly72
02-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Very interesting, thanks r0uJe.

Vercors
02-11-2007, 02:57 PM
[PRE] Scene4ccess.org.Uploader.Leaking.Releases.To.Tracker.Fast.After.Pre.READNFO-SCENENOTiCE

I wonder why they're just after SCC

r0uJe
02-11-2007, 02:59 PM
it's just spam by SCC admins to garner more attention to their site. again, the above was add-pre'd by SCC ppl trying to get attention to their site.

Vercors
02-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Didn't think about that, I guess you must be right.
But then it should be nuked

r0uJe
02-11-2007, 03:08 PM
it is nuked. it contains IP of their former SiteOp and uploaders. they did that so other ppl would take a look at their site and see what the fuss is all about.

good strategy if you ask me...

EDIT: [ NUKE ] - [ S********** org Uploader Leaking Releases To Tracker Fast After Pre READNFO SCENENOTiCE ] - [ pre.spam ]

Vercors
02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I just said that cause it was unnuked afterwards, but your reply makes sense
anyway I don't know anything about it, I'm just lurking on some pre chans :P

Ac3Dunk
02-11-2007, 06:22 PM
[VIP_PRE] S**********.org.Uploader.Leaking.Releases.To.Tracker.Fast.After.Pre.READNFO-SCENENOTiCE[UNNUKED:no.spam]

Isabell
02-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Aha, this was interesting.

r0uJe
02-11-2007, 07:09 PM
in case anyone's interested, the whole thing can be downloaded here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8mqug) (SCC SceneNotice), btw...

Melvinmeow
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Most sites pre DB must be out of date or getting the releases info sent to it a few minutes after the real pre time. You couldnt even post a img pack release in less than a minute between sending it to the server and posting the file.

as a former FT.N uploader, ALL TV uploads are done via a Gbit box using a script. i'll give an example from a release a few months ago so they'll have a hard time (if not impossible) trying to determine who i am:

9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] NEW RELEASE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR
9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] SFV: -TV- Got SFV for Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR uploaded / . Now expecting 10 rar file(s).
9:08p (+BDZ) [BDZ] UPDATE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR got its first rar file / at 1.23MB/s. Now expecting 190.7MB.
9:09p (+BDZ) [BDZ] HALFWAY: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR is in halfway (uploaded 95MB so far) and leader / leader is leading the race all alone at 4.65MB/s. Estimated time left: 32s.
9:09p (+BDZ) [BDZ] COMPLETE: -TV- Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR with 10 files (175MB) was completed in 36s (avg. 6.14MB/s) by hidden / hidden.

the release in this example is Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR. as soon as it gets pre'd (FTN has another Gbit server funded by staff and some uploaders where it has serious affiliates!), it gets transferred to their other Gbit box where it gets uploaded. now, from server1 to server2, a script/bot is being used. from server2 to the FTN tracker, another script is being used.

in the above example, from affiliate to server1, it took only 36seconds for a 190MB file. then, it'll only take about 10-15seconds for it to get transferred to server2 since the two boxes are on the same network. after that, the script from server2 takes over and uploads it on FTN and the resulting pre-time from pre to site is:

9:09p (@FTN-BOT) -- [ TV/XviD ] - Til.Death.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-XOR was uploaded 1m, 4s after pre. --

1minute and 4seconds!

so, to recap, the keys are:

* scripts
* very very VERY fast boxes on the same network

P.S. MelvinMeow, your nick sounds familiar... TPG?

Yes im on TPG ;)

And im acctually on the same gigbit network with a few boxes, I also use similiar scripts to send the files to my servers. I just dont have a script to auto upload the files to the site for me, that would be a nice script to get my hands on.
P.S. I know how ft* get theirs files I used to be a uploader and even supply others there up until last year (June 06) the same time one of my friends stepped down (former ghostly sysop if you catch my drift). Do a websearch on google if you need more info as to why we both stepped down ;)

P.S.S. The SCC notice everyone keeps mentioning is nothing more than a scam. They were in fact trying to make it look like their site was getting attention when really its not.
If you recall last year and the year before when sceners were going after torrent sites they were going after a few differant sites at a time. They ussually dont release nfos lately with information about them cause they found out it was just advertising for sites like SCT when they were really trying to scare the uploaders and users off the site... it was just bringing in more lmao

r0uJe
02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
lol, yeah... autos are nice. ChronicTracker has them too which is why their pre-times on TV releases are mostly within a minute and sometimes, even UNDER a minute!

Melvinmeow
02-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I get them on my server < 1 minute ussually too just dont know where to get the auto upload scripts to post them on the site itself. If I had those I would be smoken too. We always post them manually.

HypnoToad
02-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Well, from the looks of it, sct doesn't use something like that... Often incomplete releases with missing files, which wouldln't happen if they even used a simple zipscript, and when a release is uploaded with fast pre, the description is just "." and there is no .nfo file...
Doing it like that can make it fast too, up rarfixes later and you might even fix the description later on. ;)

Melvinmeow
02-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Well, from the looks of it, sct doesn't use something like that... Often incomplete releases with missing files, which wouldln't happen if they even used a simple zipscript, and when a release is uploaded with fast pre, the description is just "." and there is no .nfo file...
Doing it like that can make it fast too, up rarfixes later and you might even fix the description later on. ;)]

I think SCT used to use a auto uploader for certain cats but based on their pre times lately my grandma with authritus may be one of their uploaders.

Sentient
02-21-2007, 08:57 AM
I think ScT uploaders may have just burned out, uploaders do have a half-life after all (no pun intended), to do it for long periods of time requires a lot of commitment.

Hey Melvinmeow, why'd you step down from ftn? (googling didn't help) And is the sysop you refer to this guy: userdetails.php?id=2 ? He's been hanging around in the irc lately demanding people respect him, it's a little sad really.

(If ftn wants to be more like sct, they need to learn to air more of their dirty laundry in the forums :P)

r0uJe
02-21-2007, 11:20 AM
I think ScT uploaders may have just burned out, uploaders do have a half-life after all (no pun intended), to do it for long periods of time requires a lot of commitment.

Hey Melvinmeow, why'd you step down from ftn? (googling didn't help) And is the sysop you refer to this guy: userdetails.php?id=2 ? He's been hanging around in the irc lately demanding people respect him, it's a little sad really.

(If ftn wants to be more like sct, they need to learn to air more of their dirty laundry in the forums :P)

Ft.N's starting to suck more and more everyday... did you know that they banned ALL ScT staff members on their site including uploaders? they just banned them because they were affiliated with "sucktorrents" as they like to call ScT.

tsk, tsk...

buddy
02-21-2007, 11:29 AM
^^ Now that is just Juvenile.. :P

Sentient
02-21-2007, 03:07 PM

Ft.N's starting to suck more and more everyday... did you know that they banned ALL ScT staff members on their site including uploaders? they just banned them because they were affiliated with "sucktorrents" as they like to call ScT.

tsk, tsk...

Well, I guess you would know the real reason better than I would, but I heard those they did ban were banned because they were using ftn resources to upload to sct.

And I kno of several sct staff/uploaders that have accounts both places (stiffler, bleed, tash/chris, to name a few).

r77
02-21-2007, 04:58 PM
a guy tell me today that chronictracker has the best pretime.is it true?

buddy
02-21-2007, 05:19 PM
It is pretty good.. but not the best! :)

r0uJe
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
^^ don't forget about the crappy speeds -AND- that almost no one leeches anything there...

josephs911
02-21-2007, 05:25 PM

tsk, tsk...

Sounds we may have a good old fashion brawl starting up here.

kimii
02-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Actually I have no problem with ScT. ;)

Melvinmeow
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM

Ive never heard of al3x before so dunno who that is. Its not anyone I know.

In responce to why I stepped down if you search on google youll see a little of the info listed multiple times in search Click Here for an example (http://www.psptools.de/thread.php?postid=12648). A scener released that nfo about me. Some of its true some of its not. I guess youll have to wonder what portions are true ;)

Sentient
02-22-2007, 12:38 AM

In responce to why I stepped down if you search on google youll see a little of the info listed multiple times in search Click Here for an example (http://www.psptools.de/thread.php?postid=12648). A scener released that nfo about me. Some of its true some of its not. I guess youll have to wonder what portions are true ;)

Eek, sorry to hear about the FBI. I'm impressed you still upload at all, that's real dedication.

freakyflow7
02-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Im pretty much as newb as they get. What is meant by "SERIOUS AFFILIATES"?

Melvinmeow
02-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Eek, sorry to hear about the FBI. I'm impressed you still upload at all, that's real dedication.

Lets just say I changed the country I keep my servers in ;)
Was a while ago too. Last June. I havent heard from them since.
They didnt have any sort of evidence to plead their case other than a server on one of those sites busted being in my name. My ip wasnt anywhere in the server logs. I had a dozen or so books full of ripped films however they cant prove I didnt buy them from someone off the sidewalk ect... so they had no grounds.

meo
02-22-2007, 12:55 PM
LOL The FBi ZOMG !1!1!!!!

morphine
02-22-2007, 01:08 PM

I remember reading that months ago. I didnt know it was you, i forgot the name and never associated it with you. Until i read it now again. Your a real celebrety... and a true criminal :D .

r0uJe
02-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Im pretty much as newb as they get. What is meant by "SERIOUS AFFILIATES"?

for example, your site affiliates with mVs... meaning, when mVs releases something, your site gets it FIRST! and then racers will then spread that release to wherever they race to (for credits, usually).

90% of all the so-called "topsites" out there are actually dump/FTP sites. they have little to no affiliation with any "scene" group and rely on racers/fillers to give them sh*t.

Scinner
02-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Ive heard about some IRC channels posting all pretime info in real time or even pre-pretime. So which channels are they (on what servers) and how do I become a member?

//Scinner

eLucid
02-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Ive heard about some IRC channels posting all pretime info in real time or even pre-pretime. So which channels are they (on what servers) and how do I become a member?

There are lots of channels that do this, but most of them require a password I think. I know scc has an open announce channel though. The server is just the website with irc. at the beginning.

Scinner
02-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Is the scc announce worse cause it is open? Or is it the same?

Melvinmeow
02-26-2007, 01:22 AM

I remember reading that months ago. I didnt know it was you, i forgot the name and never associated it with you. Until i read it now again. Your a real celebrety... and a true criminal :D .

Celebrity my bumm.
Also last time I looked I wasnt on any episodes of "Cops" and I also havent noticed my mugshot on the local post office walls. ;)
If it makes you feel any better, I dont associate it with me either. As I said some of the information released in that NFO was a load of toilet water.

r0uJe
02-26-2007, 01:40 AM
Is the scc announce worse cause it is open? Or is it the same?

it's the same as everyone else's (except the colors, obviously) although it's pre-db is a little new (old db was wiped out or it crashed and couldn't recover majority of the data... something like that; can't remember :p). idle on the chan if you can because i know SLiDE will make it +i only once SCC v2 is launched (will only be available to regulars + the new higher user classes)...

Ac3Dunk
02-26-2007, 01:59 AM
the oldest pre-chan out there is runned by angel :) 25 years old :D

Melvinmeow
02-26-2007, 02:02 AM

Sheesh thats ancient. Do they have all the releases in their DB as well? If so thats gotta be a huge collection.

r0uJe
02-26-2007, 02:16 AM

Sheesh thats ancient. Do they have all the releases in their DB as well? If so thats gotta be a huge collection.

djGrrr on P2P-NET also has a very old DB... the oldest release there "pre'd" 26+yrs ago! no wonder EVERYONE on P2P-NET uses the same DB...

EDIT: oldest in the DB (if i'm not mistaken):

[ Rescue.at.Rigel-EPYX ] [ GAMES / EPYX ] [ 0.06MB in 1F ] got released 26y 295d 16h 24m 2s ago [1979-12-28]

joyntkid
02-26-2007, 03:07 AM
honestly, do pretimes really matter to anyone except the groups?

yeh, you might get it a few minutes or even hours early, but you're still going to get it.

Ac3Dunk
02-26-2007, 09:30 AM

Well i was wrong in the date is 27 years old :
_[DB] 29095 of 1855303 releases is nuked, 1348 is unnuked and 632802 has files and size info.
-My first good release, Ultima_2-IND, pre'd 27 years 9 weeks 3 hours 27 minutes 12 seconds ago.

:rolleyes:

celtic
04-30-2007, 01:05 AM
r0uJe thank you , you gave me the best laugh ive had in a while.

If your smart you'll figure out who i am (unless your tipped off ofc ;) )

AugustoP
04-30-2007, 02:56 AM
I just dont have a script to auto upload the files to the site for me, that would be a nice script to get my hands on.

Its very easy to write such script in any language. It should do three things. First, get announce url either from upload page or config file. Second, create .torrent file with some kind of command line utility. Dunno if rtorrent or any other client could do it, but a person could always write it using libtorrent as a reference. Third, send POST request to takeupload.php passing your login cookie.

Jaits
04-30-2007, 07:27 AM
actually its pretty easy... u can do it in php as well if u want... the bencoding library already exists... all u have to do is use it to create the torrent (and u can find that function in PEAR) and then post it on the site :P .. around 20 min of coding ;) .. u have to have some sort of interface with the ftp and the bots that bring the files so that the script knows when to create the file... and thats about it....

AugustoP
04-30-2007, 07:44 AM
actually its pretty easy... u can do it in php as well if u want... the bencoding library already exists... all u have to do is use it to create the torrent (and u can find that function in PEAR) and then post it on the site :P .. around 20 min of coding ;) .. u have to have some sort of interface with the ftp and the bots that bring the files so that the script knows when to create the file... and thats about it....

No kind of special interface is needed, most releases include .sfv with checksums. You can set up script transferring files from dump to seedbox to upload sfv after the archives with actual release, and once you can exclusive-lock it, its time to check and create torrent.