PDA

View Full Version : Blackcats Games...

silent h3ro
02-10-2007, 03:28 AM
I had over a .7 ratio for a couple days after building my ratio up for weeks (internet only stays on for 6 hours a day so it takes a while for me) and I tried to login to my account and it said account disabled! They don't even show contact information on their website. I'm so pissed because I seed everyday for as long as my internet stays on and I've been seeding almost every game I've downloaded. :dry:

malakar
02-22-2007, 11:40 PM
the same exact thing just happened to me. i went to bed last night at .7 ratio, woke up disabled. ive been looking everywhere on the internet for a way to contact them, and the ONLY way to is if you are registered and dont have a disabled account. id even be willing to donate to them to get this mess fixed but i cant contact them to make that offer.

if anyone here has some method of contacting them, please pass the info along that i was a couple percent away from meeting the deadline

username is malakar

thanks!

hanginlow72
02-22-2007, 11:50 PM
dont use same username here and on torrent sites it can get you banned

gamer4eva
02-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Hello all just to let you know that i did get a PM once but not for low ratio. It was a mass PM so i guess everyone got it. It actually said you should not seed too much.....thats bizzare. Other trackers encourage lots of seeding. I stopped using it and i think it went for inactivity.

Blackcats games is an awesome site and all but it can be slow.

Moonspell13
02-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Other than that it's really easy to seed there as they have by far the best seedbonus i've seen in any site.. Just see 3-4 days after you finish your download and you get back what you have downloaded :)

Backslash
02-23-2007, 12:07 AM
black cats is great. 5 for content

General2k
02-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Weird I've never had any problems with BlackCats, nor have I heard of anyone else having problems there before this. Only thing I can remember is when they got hacked, everyone lost their accounts. As for the over seeding bit, I don't know what their reasoning behind it is. I don't exactly agree with it either, more seeding the better!

micky3840
02-23-2007, 02:04 AM
ill have to have a look at the site

Dr. Lecter
02-23-2007, 02:26 AM
ill have to have a look at the site

It's has open signups....
keep on trying....

janine
02-23-2007, 06:36 AM
signups now closed...

JA
02-23-2007, 06:37 AM
:( sucks. I concur.

silent h3ro
03-04-2007, 12:10 AM
I think I was supposed to seed to .75 by 4 weeks time when I got my first 'warning' PM, which sucks because I was around .05 away to not getting banned. :dry:

Ratzy Rox
03-04-2007, 02:46 AM
So you lot who got banned dont think that maybe if you'd downloaded less you might have been ok? If i were you id download very little till my ratio was as close to 1 as possible. They discourage overseeding to make the above process as painless as possible. Pretty commendable really.

Sentient
03-04-2007, 02:51 AM
So you lot who got banned dont think that maybe if you'd downloaded less you might have been ok? If i were you id download very little till my ratio was as close to 1 as possible. They discourage overseeding to make the above process as painless as possible. Pretty commendable really.

You mean they'd prefer everyone's ratio looks good over healthier torrents. Pretty stupid really.

snowbums
03-04-2007, 08:36 AM
they crash like every other day, =(

roflol12
03-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Blackcats is down for a few hours today...

vdubgeezer
03-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Apart from the down time I think it's pretty good, loads of games to choose from. The Seed Points system makes it easy it keep your ratio up.

RickDangerous
03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I think it's a great tracker, unfortunately lately there seem to be some problems, it's down at the moment..:(

roflol12
03-04-2007, 09:12 PM
No problems as far as i know, it was scheduled to be down today....there was an announcement about it, although i'm surprised how long its taking...wonder what they are doing...

a_jackson
03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
man thats some bullshit...0.7 is pretty good in my mind

man that sucks

graltok
03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
1.0+ is a lot better than .7 ...

but hey ... I'm a new user there and downloaded 3 games now I'm slowly rebuilding and keeping download out of the way .. until I got a good ratio ... it's hard to start but blackcats seems to have a good system...

Anyone know why the downtime is so long???

djxkape
03-04-2007, 10:36 PM
i think is great myself just give them time see what happens

TaLeNDiL
03-04-2007, 10:40 PM
i have 0.5 ratio and not banned for about 1 month.. its the best game tracker

hope its up again soon

torrentseed
03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Do they have xbox games?

silent h3ro
03-05-2007, 12:08 AM
i have 0.5 ratio and not banned for about 1 month.. its the best game tracker

hope its up again soonThat's why I hate them so much. They ban the wrong people.

@ torrentseed - Yes, they have LOTS of Xbox games at the best speeds. :)

necromantic
03-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Yea, fuck those assholes at blackcats!

How dare they ban people who can't seed back what they download. It's not my fault I like to download lots, and since I have a crappy upload speed I can't be held responsible for my ratio. It's not fair to be asked to keep a 0.75 ratio, and 1 month just isnt enough time to get my ratio up. I say boycott these jerks and we'll all take refuge on demonoid or the pirate bay. They know how to treat a leecher properly.

Cmon, who's with me?????

graltok
03-05-2007, 12:25 AM
lol

silent h3ro
03-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Yea, fuck those assholes at blackcats!

How dare they ban people who can't seed back what they download. It's not my fault I like to download lots, and since I have a crappy upload speed I can't be held responsible for my ratio. It's not fair to be asked to keep a 0.75 ratio, and 1 month just isnt enough time to get my ratio up. I say boycott these jerks and we'll all take refuge on demonoid or the pirate bay. They know how to treat a leecher properly.

Cmon, who's with me?????Wow, you are a real fucking idiot with your sarcasm.

I'm pissed because people with lower ratios aren't getting banned and yes it is hard for me to seed, I didn't download a lot it just took forever for me to seed because of others with much faster connections that were on all day. I know its hard to believe but many torrents are over seeded.

necromantic
03-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Wow, you are a real fucking idiot with your sarcasm.

I'm pissed because ...........

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2538/whiningfo2.jpg

fensin
03-05-2007, 05:50 PM
when they will be back??

Moonspell13
03-05-2007, 07:14 PM
It's funny that some ppl complaining that they can't seed back at Blackcats.. If you don't know ppl(you should, read the faqs at the site you join, they're there for a reason) Blackcats has one of the best if not the best seeding bonus based on time.. so if you just keep seeding what you've downloaded for 3-4 days you'll get back the same you downloaded... I guess you probably didn't even *try* to seed...

Arff
03-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm with necromantic on this one. If you can't seed properly then don't use bittorrent. If you've got a crappy connection or can only leave your PC on for 6 hours then all you have to do is go easy and follow the rules of the site. You don't have a divine right to be able to get as much from bittorrent as the people with better connections or better PC access. It's not meant to be fair, it's meant to be fast for the people who can contribute properly. Saying that you've seeded almost every game you've downloaded isn't really gonna cut any ice. Seed everything and download less or use the public trackers.

If they are all such as bunch of fuckers then why do you seem so desperate to get back onto the site?

silent h3ro
03-05-2007, 10:05 PM
If they are all such as bunch of fuckers then why do you seem so desperate to get back onto the site?I don't remember saying that but since ur such a fucking genius like that necro piece of shit is then I guess you are right just because you think you can judge somebody else. It's not for you to decide who can and cannot use bittorent because you are a little bitch who doesn't get a lot of attention.

It's funny that some ppl complaining that they can't seed back at Blackcats.. If you don't know ppl(you should, read the faqs at the site you join, they're there for a reason) Blackcats has one of the best if not the best seeding bonus based on time.. so if you just keep seeding what you've downloaded for 3-4 days you'll get back the same you downloaded... I guess you probably didn't even *try* to seed...I left my all my torrents open for weeks and I never seemed to get it back so I guess not in my case...

Arff
03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Use bittorrent all you like son but remember whilst it's not up to me to decide whether you can use it, it is up to the sites to decide whether you're a worthwhile member or not. Guess they thought you weren't and that's why they pwned your account. There are plenty of public trackers around if you think the private ones are too strict. I'm not judging at all, just giving you some friendly advice as someone who hasn't had the misfortune of being banned from any trackers yet.

Moonspell13
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
I left my all my torrents open for weeks and I never seemed to get it back so I guess not in my case...

:blink: This system i'm talking about is implemented from the first day Blackcats went back online (after it was down for some weeks in december)... Needless to say, you can check the torrents and the seeding points you already have.. And you don't have to buy it, if you fill the required time it automatically is added which is 100% not more than 3-4 days.. So I guess something IS wrong with your connection... Or you don't remember well..

Friendly Fire
03-05-2007, 11:07 PM
It's funny that some ppl complaining that they can't seed back at Blackcats.. If you don't know ppl(you should, read the faqs at the site you join, they're there for a reason) Blackcats has one of the best if not the best seeding bonus based on time.. so if you just keep seeding what you've downloaded for 3-4 days you'll get back the same you downloaded... I guess you probably didn't even *try* to seed...

Sitr has a similar system. You get 1% per hour of seed. 100 hours equals full seed 1:1 even if you dont upload a KB. In Blackcats it's not so linear, i think it depends on the number of seeds and leechers that the torrent has, and a few other requirements.

silent h3ro
03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
So I guess something IS wrong with your connection... Or you don't remember well..lol Yeah, I don't remember leaving my computer on... right.

I'm behind a firewall router and a static connection that has no open ports because my dad doesn't let me download after we got a warning from our first ISP, he just doesn't want to get in any more trouble.

I'm done posting in this thread. :)

vampireman
03-06-2007, 03:07 AM
the same exact thing just happened to me 2

Moonspell13
03-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Yup sorry I forgot this.. Friendly Fire is right , you get the bonus of there are 0 leechers I guess I don't remember well.. anyway...

anon
04-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Very useful, thank you.

Evelyn
04-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Bump from the graveyard

Very useful, thank you.

Whats the B-F-Deal in bumping a 4yrs old thread ?

OlegL
04-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Never had my account disabled on any tracker because of my ratio. I only had them disabled for other reasons.

IdolEyes787
04-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Never had my account disabled on any tracker because of my ratio. I only had them disabled for other reasons.

Please stop.

OlegL
04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
It was just one sentence. :)

anon
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM

I don't see the need to do it. If he wants to say "fuck BCG", he can start a new thread himself.

EyeCandy
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
LOL language barrier....anon doesn't understand that Evelyn's comment was directed towards me.

anon
04-06-2011, 10:28 PM
He's quoting me as well, so that's debatable. :happy:

mjmacky
04-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Very useful, thank you.

I thought you were the one, Evelyn, who bumped an 8 year old thread a little over a week ago

Quarterquack
04-06-2011, 11:54 PM

It was two you fucking dolt.

IdolEyes787
04-06-2011, 11:54 PM
I suggest renaming FST to Planet of the Apes for as more time passes clearer the monkeys rule.

Evelyn
04-07-2011, 03:30 AM
LOL language barrier....anon doesn't understand that Evelyn's comment was directed towards me.
yes :)

He's quoting me as well, so that's debatable. :happy:
he bumped a old thread & you thanking him, i quoted you with a huge invisible "Question mark" of why.

waffler
04-07-2011, 09:09 AM
he bumped a old thread & you thanking him, i quoted you with a huge invisible "Question mark" of why.

Sarcasm, my friend, sarcasm.

LazyGuy
04-07-2011, 11:31 AM
BlackCats is the BEST in my opinion:D
doesn't matter what anyone else says
"Grapes will always be sour" for them:rolleyes:

stoi
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
As this has been bumped i will answer.

back then you didnt get any seedpoints for being unconnectable (unless you donated), then we changed it to 1/2 the sp for being unconnectable (unless you donated), now you get the same as connectable people (even without donating).

so yes back then you probably got banned when you shouldnt have done (or you could have donated and not got banned), now its very very hard to get banned on BCG.

predateur
04-07-2011, 12:10 PM
longue vie à BCG !
i miss my account lol

OlegL
04-07-2011, 03:45 PM

It was two you fucking dolt.

Let me respond to your accusation that I am two-faced. You made this statement:

My reply: It's because you're a two faced idiot. You know exactly what holes you dig yourself to, but you play a pathetic mind game that you know you couldn't possibly lose. Your winning is getting a reaction out of people. Whatever that reaction may be. You and I know full well that the only reason you vouched for mjmacky is because you knew he wouldn't get invited by that method, but you just would rather see him suffer and blame you for it, than honestly get into HDBits.

So go ahead. Act like a further idiot that doesn't understand me or what I'm saying, because you think that makes you win your mind game. Then act like a victim when someone like me comes along (or someone like Valerio can't deal with your shit anymore) and trap the next person into your meaningless drivel. I'll just be fine and happy knowing that I treat people in a much more realistic and respectable way than you do; regardless of whether I act abrasive occasionally or not.

I didn't want to see anyone suffer. My hdbits ratio wasn't below 0.45 (and 0.45 is the ratio you are required to keep on hdbits to avoid getting banned). That's why I felt people would actually listen to me if I asked them to consider mjmacky as a potential invitee. Don't forget that IT REQUIRES ALMOST ZERO INTELLIGENCE TO BE A GOOD MEMBER OF ANY TRACKER. Hdbits is not Harvard. Hdbits is not an Ivy League university. It's just a tracker where you are required to keep a minimum ratio to avoid getting banned. After I read a couple of mjmacky's posts, I felt that he would be intelligent enough to keep his ratio at the level that wouldn't be below minimum. Maybe he's already an hdbits member. So, I have no clue why you think I am insincere. You also said that you treat people in a more realistic way than I do. If it's true, why did you suddenly change your attitude toward me? One time you called me an upstanding guy. Why? Another time you called me a sociopath. Why?

Markociv1
04-07-2011, 04:13 PM
My hdbits ratio wasn't below 0.45 (and 0.45 is the ratio you are required to keep on hdbits to avoid getting banned).
BLABLABLABLABLABLABLA

I still don't understand how that makes you hate Blackcats

OlegL
04-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't hate BCG. I love it. Stoi is a great guy.

waffler
04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
No offence OlegL, but wouldn't it have been better if you'd just responded to Darth Rings' post in the appropriate thread, rather than turning this thread into a battle between you and him.

mjmacky
04-07-2011, 04:42 PM
That's why I felt people would actually listen to me if I asked them to consider mjmacky as a potential invitee. Don't forget that IT REQUIRES ALMOST ZERO INTELLIGENCE TO BE A GOOD MEMBER OF ANY TRACKER. Hdbits is not Harvard. Hdbits is not an Ivy League university. It's just a tracker where you are required to keep a minimum ratio to avoid getting banned. After I read a couple of mjmacky's posts, I felt that he would be intelligent enough to keep his ratio at the level that wouldn't be below minimum. Maybe he's already an hdbits member.

Wait what does this have to do with me? I remember you asking on my behalf, and no I'm not a member there. However, I'm not exactly putting much effort into it either (not that there is anything I would be doing). My interest in HDBits relates to their HDTV captures, which I can use for source.

But again, what exactly does this have to do with me?

OlegL
04-07-2011, 05:01 PM
That's why I felt people would actually listen to me if I asked them to consider mjmacky as a potential invitee. Don't forget that IT REQUIRES ALMOST ZERO INTELLIGENCE TO BE A GOOD MEMBER OF ANY TRACKER. Hdbits is not Harvard. Hdbits is not an Ivy League university. It's just a tracker where you are required to keep a minimum ratio to avoid getting banned. After I read a couple of mjmacky's posts, I felt that he would be intelligent enough to keep his ratio at the level that wouldn't be below minimum. Maybe he's already an hdbits member.

Wait what does this have to do with me? I remember you asking on my behalf, and no I'm not a member there. However, I'm not exactly putting much effort into it either (not that there is anything I would be doing). My interest in HDBits relates to their HDTV captures, which I can use for source.

But again, what exactly does this have to do with me?

He accused me of being insincere when he wrote that particular post. I guess he meant that my effort to make you an hdbits member was insincere. Since he didn't respond to me in the other thread that I had recently bumped, I was forced to respond to his accusations in this thread, because that's where he had called me again a "fucking dolt".

anon
04-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Sarcasm, my friend, sarcasm.

Plus one.

back then you didnt get any seedpoints for being unconnectable (unless you donated), then we changed it to 1/2 the sp for being unconnectable (unless you donated), now you get the same as connectable people (even without donating).

I think giving slightly less SP to unconnectable users would be a good incentive to make them forward their ports. While not always the case (some ISPs like giving you hybrid modems with passworded settings that can't be changed around here, for example), some people are NATed simply because they have no knowledge about the matter. A big warning about how they aren't reachable by other users and therefore getting less "bang for their buck" would help fix that, I'd say.

No offence OlegL, but wouldn't it have been better if you'd just responded to Darth Rings' post in the appropriate thread, rather than turning this thread into a battle between you and him.

Plus two.

waffler
04-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Edited, nevermind.

stoi
04-07-2011, 06:23 PM
I think giving slightly less SP to unconnectable users would be a good incentive to make them forward their ports. While not always the case (some ISPs like giving you hybrid modems with passworded settings that can't be changed around here, for example), some people are NATed simply because they have no knowledge about the matter. A big warning about how they aren't reachable by other users and therefore getting less "bang for their buck" would help fix that, I'd say.

Well that was the idea, ut most just didnt bother or complained instead lol also the tracker was never 100% reliable in detecting it, so we took it off.

anon
04-07-2011, 06:29 PM
the tracker was never 100% reliable in detecting it, so we took it off.

Yeah, I forgot that. The connectability checker isn't always perfect. Gazelle's tended to fail a lot last time I checked.

Markociv1
04-07-2011, 07:39 PM
@stoi: Why doesn't EyeCandy like BCG that much?

stoi
04-07-2011, 07:41 PM
He admitted to me in a PM that he is just a troll and likes getting me to bite, i dont think it has anything to do with liking or disliking anything to do with BCG (me included). But i still bite lol

LOL, dude, its ok...its an alias for a reason....free reign to troll and pass the time

after i told him he was one of the members on here that gets right on my nerves lol

OlegL
04-07-2011, 07:51 PM

Okay, you may be right about it, but he hurt me so much by his sudden change in his behavior that I try to make every attempt possible to convince him to return to his former self in terms of his behavior. He made a response to one of my posts in this thread; that's why I responded to him back. But yeah, let's get back to the conversation about BCG. It's a great tracker and I am surprised that someone decided to start an angry thread about it in 2007.
P.S. Damn... I definitely feel there is something wrong with my English. I really need to read books more often to improve my English.

EyeCandy
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
But yeah, let's get back to the conversation about BCG. It's a great tracker and I am surprised that someone decided to start an angry thread about it in 2007.

I'm not, I was kicked by Stoi, personally, from the tracker about that time....

anon
04-07-2011, 08:01 PM
P.S. Damn... I definitely feel there is something wrong with my English. I really need to read books more often to improve my English.

Your English looks pretty good to me. If you want to improve your skills, it's a good idea to practice on a daily basis. Read books as you said, watch subtitled movies, lurk and post on forums, even play videogames - that sort of stuff can help improve your grammar and vocabulary.

stoi
04-07-2011, 08:15 PM
well you must have deserved it, i think in 7 years i have banned about 10 members, and every single one deserved it imho.

stoi
04-08-2011, 02:55 PM
why was the title changed, I thought it had a nice ring to it lol

shipwreck
04-08-2011, 02:59 PM

The better question is: Why wasn't this post auto-merged with your last, and if there is a time limit for auto-merge, how long is it?

I hate auto-merge.

EyeCandy
04-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Because as with any site, the staff back then was ok with free speech, and the new current staff is oppressive.

stoi
04-08-2011, 03:11 PM

The better question is: Why wasn't this post auto-merged with your last, and if there is a time limit for auto-merge, how long is it?

I hate auto-merge.

not a clue on here, but i like automerge

A: stops people spamming crap just to get post count up
B: if it has falling down the page, automerge will bump it back to the top, but wihtout a double post (thats how it works on IPB anyway).

as for free speech, there is no such thing im afaraid.

anon
04-08-2011, 05:10 PM

Don't know the exact value, but from my observations it must be somewhere between 8 and 12 hours.

stoi: double post merging doesn't bump threads in this forum.

shipwreck
04-08-2011, 05:36 PM

And that's exactly why I hate it, not just here.

mjmacky
04-08-2011, 06:04 PM

And that's exactly why I hate it, not just here.

Yeah but you could easily abuse it. Auto-merge bump, edit out the new post. It's like a free bump button for last poster. Well not that abusive I guess

shipwreck
04-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Let's be frank, those posters who post just to get their postcount up are retards. Of course most of them do it because they want to get access to the invite section, but maybe it's about time to get rid of that restriction for good? This forum is not exactly being overrun by spammers. If anything, it could do with more activity / posts, even stupid ones.

stoi
04-08-2011, 06:23 PM
on bcg automerge is set to 3 days, make a post, bumps to the top of the forum, wait 2 days, make another, it merges it and bumps it back to the top, a lot better than double posts all over the place (like mine was, i hate double posts lol)

Evelyn
04-09-2011, 05:45 AM

lol yes, why ??
previous one was attracting more prey.

pmcgrady
07-17-2011, 03:39 PM
It is the best game tracker. I have found whatever it was I was looking for every time I searched for it.