PDA

View Full Version : Searching For An Mp3 Editor That I Once Used..

biffo the bear
05-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Having hunted high and low, I now ask for some aid! I reformatted my drive a couple of weeks back, but failed to burn off a copy of this wicked mp3 editor that I managed to find, and I can't find the damn thing anywhere now.

It was pretty basic, the mp3 loaded up, and it showed you a visual representation of the mp3, where you could highlight portions and cut them out. Has anyone come across this? As I recall the mp3 visual was orangey brown, showing all the peaks and troughs, but turned to blue or black when you dragged over it.

Sorry for being vague, but the program was that simple, it's hard to describe it any other way. I hope someone can help me find it! :)

biffo the bear
05-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Oops, just found it. MP3 direct cut if anyone's interested. It's on some German site, and it's free. Give it a try if you fancy. The lack of bells and whistles are an advantage. :)

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-23-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by biffo the bear@23 May 2003 - 22:25
Oops, just found it. MP3 direct cut if anyone's interested. It's on some German site, and it's free. Give it a try if you fancy. The lack of bells and whistles are an advantage. :)
Biff
That is an excellent program!
Good for getting rid of those long silent spaces before and after a song.
If you like that,you'll probably like mp3Gain which gets rid of clipping without sonic loss.
I posted a link for this free program in this section(softwareworld).

biffo the bear
05-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@23 May 2003 - 21:54
If you like that,you'll probably like mp3Gain which gets rid of clipping without sonic loss.
I posted a link for this free program in this section(softwareworld).
Oh yes! Tonight could be the night of the snazziest mp3 editors!

My copy of Concrete Dunes is perfect throughout now!

Cheers chappy :)