A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE SE D1
POSTED=12DEC RELEASED=29JAN 55 DAYS RAR PASSWORD=tatSa9gTJeM2
STREETCAR.NAMED.DESIRE.SE.D1.nzb

A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE SE D2
POSTED=14DEC RELEASED=29JAN 53 DAYS RAR PASSWORD=DZQU7JR9viD2
STREETCAR.NAMED.DESIRE.SE.D1.nzb

With retention approaching 90+ days on top systems, all of these should
still be 'available' "

Several of these I've confirmed myself, a handfull I've posted the nzb's here as well. I believe most if not all are dvd9's...

jilebi
02-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi,

Thanks! That was useful.

I would like to have the help of gurus for a similar problem. The HD-DVD versions of Mission Impossible and Mission Impossible II have been released in alt.binaries.hdtv. However the rar files are encrypted!

How and where can I find the passwords for these two releases? I have tried my best to lookup in the ngrps, but to no avail. Can some kind guru help me out?

Thanks!!

MultiForce
02-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi,

Thanks! That was useful.

I would like to have the help of gurus for a similar problem. The HD-DVD versions of Mission Impossible and Mission Impossible II have been released in alt.binaries.hdtv. However the rar files are encrypted!

How and where can I find the passwords for these two releases? I have tried my best to lookup in the ngrps, but to no avail. Can some kind guru help me out?

Thanks!!

Are they PGP encrypted or rar passwords?

Can I get the name of the files?

jilebi
02-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi Multiforce,

Thanks for your response.

I believe these are rar passwords. The filenames are as follows

Mission Impossible - 'Hey look its L Ron Hubbards favourite scientologist 1.part001.rar'

Mission Impossible - 'Hey look its L Ron Hubbards favourite scientologist again 2.part001.rar'

The nzbs for the above are posted in the NzbIndex foroum on this site.

Any help is highly appreciated!!

TIA.

Hi,

Thanks! That was useful.

Thanks!!

MultiForce
02-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi Multiforce,

Mission Impossible - 'Hey look its L Ron Hubbards favourite scientologist 1.part001.rar'

Mission Impossible - 'Hey look its L Ron Hubbards favourite scientologist again 2.part001.rar'

TIA.

Found this as a reply:

Anyone got the pass for this post? Part 1 was Cruise, what's part 2?

I'll check it out later. Have to get some sleep :sleeping:

jilebi
02-14-2007, 01:06 AM
I found that post too. However the password 'Cruise' does not work for 'Mission Impossible'.

Please let me know if you can figure it out!

Have a good night.

Thanks.

Hi Multiforce,

TIA.

Found this as a reply:

jilebi
02-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Can some kind guru please help me out on this?

Thanks.

I found that post too. However the password 'Cruise' does not work for 'Mission Impossible'.

Please let me know if you can figure it out!

Have a good night.

Thanks.

Found this as a reply:

MultiForce
02-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Can't find a damn thing anywhere..... Maybe brute force the thingy? :P

geen
02-17-2007, 03:25 PM

How to recover RAR passwords?

RAR/WinRAR archiver version 2.x used its proprietary, but rather strong encryption algorithm. At least no RAR 2.0 attacks were known except brute force. Starting from version 3.0, RAR has been using a strong AES algorithm, which doesn't allow any attacks more effective than the brute force. Besides, the encryption is implemented so that brute force speed on modern computer is very low, about 100 passwords per second. This carries inference that RAR 3.x system is the strongest between popular encryption systems in the context of brute force. This means you couldn't recover RAR password (http://www.password-crackers.com/en/category_99/) longer than 6-7 symbols if you have no information about the password.

Good luck :)

jilebi
02-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for your input, everybody.

In my case I have already d/l 40GB of this material, and it is absolutely a shame that I will have to delete that much data and have wasted so much bandwidth. !!!

I don't even understand why it was posted encrypted in the first place, with no indication in the headers or nfo that is is encrypyed!!!

How to recover RAR passwords?

RAR/WinRAR archiver version 2.x used its proprietary, but rather strong encryption algorithm. At least no RAR 2.0 attacks were known except brute force. Starting from version 3.0, RAR has been using a strong AES algorithm, which doesn't allow any attacks more effective than the brute force. Besides, the encryption is implemented so that brute force speed on modern computer is very low, about 100 passwords per second. This carries inference that RAR 3.x system is the strongest between popular encryption systems in the context of brute force. This means you couldn't recover RAR password (http://www.password-crackers.com/en/category_99/) longer than 6-7 symbols if you have no information about the password.

Good luck :)

Beck38
02-19-2007, 06:31 AM

In my case I have already d/l 40GB of this material, and it is absolutely a shame that I will have to delete that much data and have wasted so much bandwidth. !!!

I don't even understand why it was posted encrypted in the first place, with no indication in the headers or nfo that is is encrypyed!!!

Some groups encrypt and then don't release, or post, the password for x number of days; if you have the HD space (or a stack of RW disks) you may sock the d/l'ed parts away until the thing is released/posted/leaks out. This 'Trapdoor' group posts and then some 30-50 days later releases the pw file; of course, most of the 'better' servers store way beyond that point, so it's a done deal. Your files may be d/l'ed when/if the pw is available, then again, it depends on your server, if it's low-retention, or you pay for the amount in some way (not unlimited), then socking it away is your only choice.

When it gets up around the 40gigs you've already got, :w00t: Then again, HD costs are so low, size so large, like I said it may be worth it to store it away for awhile until something comes out of the woodwork.

jilebi
02-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks. But I am still unclear on *why* any group would release 40GB on Usenet and then release the passwd after 50+days? Is there any point or advantage in doing it this way?

I agree that HD space is becoming cheap, but I would still prefer to use that 40GB for something else in the meantime:)

Some groups encrypt and then don't release, or post, the password for x number of days; if you have the HD space (or a stack of RW disks) you may sock the d/l'ed parts away until the thing is released/posted/leaks out. This 'Trapdoor' group posts and then some 30-50 days later releases the pw file; of course, most of the 'better' servers store way beyond that point, so it's a done deal. Your files may be d/l'ed when/if the pw is available, then again, it depends on your server, if it's low-retention, or you pay for the amount in some way (not unlimited), then socking it away is your only choice.

When it gets up around the 40gigs you've already got, :w00t: Then again, HD costs are so low, size so large, like I said it may be worth it to store it away for awhile until something comes out of the woodwork.

St0ry
02-23-2007, 02:23 AM
Slightly OT but why are most HD-DVD releases passworded?

Beck38
02-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Slightly OT but why are most HD-DVD releases passworded?

Really unknown; the only clue I have is the size of them is pretty 'unpresidented' and they are 'testing the server waters' so to speak, seeing if they get through and are properly retained. That's about my only guess, other than the usual i.e. still a bit under the radar.