PDA

View Full Version : Why people want Oink PU?

SkullForce
02-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I noticed later that some people want to get Oink PU with great buffer.
My question is Why they are searching for it?

Panther
02-11-2007, 12:34 AM
because its extremely difficult getting your buffer up, alot of work needed...and time

deuce6000
02-11-2007, 12:38 AM
For the invites and extra buffer.

SkullForce
02-11-2007, 12:38 AM
I thought in that but i think there is something else...

aburyach
02-11-2007, 12:40 AM
because its extremely difficult getting your buffer up, alot of work needed...and time

Not always- on some windows torrents, I have seen people up 300GB in a month. If you are careful with your seeding, you can get a pretty nice buffer without too much effort ;) Sometimes you have to download stuff you will never need just to seed it, though :huh:

I suppose people are searching for it because it is rare, which goes hand in hand with what Panther said :)

Invites_4_You
02-11-2007, 02:17 AM
People want the buffer so they can hit and on every file that they download. They can't do it the right way and seed like everyone else.

aburyach
02-11-2007, 02:20 AM
They can't do it the right way and seed like everyone else.

That's not true- its just extremely hard to seed at OiNK. People seek the comfort of being able to download music without having to stare at their uploads, hoping they will pick up and benefit the ratio.

ajg
02-11-2007, 03:05 AM
true, aburyach. I agree. I seed like crazy, but can NEVER get ratio back up to one on oink, and I am a PU on ScT... Oink is tough if u don't upload, or have a slow upload.

metal maniac
02-11-2007, 03:10 AM
The key to PU on oink is to upload your own lossless rips. It also helped when they used to let you upload discographys but they stopped doing that. later \m/

Ratzy Rox
02-11-2007, 03:18 AM
I have a low upload speed and have never uploaded anything yet have trouble downloading enough to keep my ratio at around one, the key to a good ratio on oink is to seed everything you download until its deleted from the tracker and not to go crazy with the downloads until you reach poweruser, honestly i find oink easier to keep a ratio on than bitmetv or indietorrents.

elitistpig
02-11-2007, 03:24 AM
I agree. Oink isn't too difficult (unless you're trying to download old torrents that don't have any leeches before you build up a buffer). Bitmetv is the hardest I've had so far. I also find it hard to seed initially at sites with download requirements, such as iPlay. They make you wait 48hrs to download unless your upload is greater than 5gb. By the time your'e allowed to download, there aren't many people wanting it since they usually have no more than 20-30 leeches at a time even when the torrent has just posted. RevTT has a similar rule, but their requirements are less extreme and they have a lot more people trying to download (i joined RevTT and iPlay same day and I have 8gb uploaded at RevTT but only 1.2 at iPlay).

dre145
02-11-2007, 06:35 AM
both oink and bitmetv u need to put in an effort to have a good ratio, it took me a while but im vip on bitmetv and PU on oink but yea they were the hardest sites to upload on... so you had to find stuff to upload to the site that people would want

whitepawn2a6
02-11-2007, 08:18 AM
the PU forum

invites invites invites
oink pu forum has a lot of good invites, i have seen IT, TT, HDBits, Kraytracker, Musicvids,TD, TL, KG, SITR, x264, TVJunkies, Christian torrents, etc. on oink

sure beats the heck out of trading for those in fst :)

kavalchuk17
02-11-2007, 08:37 AM
yup,

PU forum
Its generally very hard to seed at OiNK
"Users downloading this torrent are also downloading these torrents" function
"Similar Artists for this torrent" feature
Invites.
You can see the top 10. very helpful... (especially when you want to know what big came out recently)

Pr0xiMUS
02-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I couldn't get my ration to 0.5 on bitmetv... And I have 100mbit connection (up & down)... Only problem for is that because I'm behind a proxy so I need enough leechers to make some upload credit... I'm listed as not connectable... But it was not possible on bitmetv avoid banishment...

Btw I'm PU on oink without troubles because of win apps :)