PDA

View Full Version : Azureus 2.5.0.4 crap

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-11-2007, 05:56 AM
has anyone else noticed what a POS azureus has turned into? It may well have always been a POS, but was always a familiar app for me, but has anyone noticed when making torrents with it, it cant seem to find the file you are sharing, it always makes a new file or folder? Its almost impossible to seed anything with it unless you downloaded the file.

I just wondered if anyone else noticed this retarded behaviour. I have since deleted AZ and went with utorrent. Just wondered what you thought.

hippoxtc
02-11-2007, 06:03 AM
I never had that problem with Azureus although I do go with uTorrent because I don't ave the space to spare on my HD.

Aviran
02-11-2007, 02:42 PM
utorrent its better

flow7
02-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I use azureus and it seem good to me

janine
02-11-2007, 04:55 PM
hehe.. to each his own.. but strangely you have a lot of happy campers that have gone from Azureus to uTorrent and never looked back, while the opposite way is hardly ever mentioned ;)

pocketgirl
02-11-2007, 05:45 PM
i have both in my pc but perfer az to utorrert i get the seedings
and the dl speeds i need
preference is yours

Melvinmeow
02-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I have only tested az on occasions when new clients came out just to know the new features. I prefer Utorrent and not sure what you mean about the speeds Ive never had speed issues with utorrent. AZ would cause more speed issues in my opinion since it uses too much ram and other pc resources.

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-13-2007, 04:26 AM
well, AZ used to automatically know when you had the file when making a seed, it would check it, and then seed it. Now, you have to manually point to the file, otherwise it ignores it, makes a new file, add a 1 to the end and starts downloading like you dont already have the file. ya know what I mean?

I always liked AZ, but utorrent is defintly lighter on the pc, so i guess I'll just stay with utorrent.

andrzejek1999
02-13-2007, 04:53 AM
well, u may install ms java insted of sun's, then azureus wil lrun a little faster.

vipdiablo
02-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I use azureus and it seem good to me its the besttttt

tetrakis
02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
well, AZ used to automatically know when you had the file when making a seed, it would check it, and then seed it. Now, you have to manually point to the file, otherwise it ignores it, makes a new file, add a 1 to the end and starts downloading like you dont already have the file. ya know what I mean?

I always liked AZ, but utorrent is defintly lighter on the pc, so i guess I'll just stay with utorrent.

i noticed this as well, but i found a work-around. If you download the torrent file to your HD first, then open it using AZ's menu. It will realize that you have already downloaded the info and it will ask you if you want to replace what exists. You say yes, and it goes through the familar cheking and to seeding as you want. A bit of a pain, but at least it works, right?

Melvinmeow
02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
If you dont like how its working maybe try contacting the development team and suggest what you think it should be like.

I from experience of me and others as well know most of their coders ussually at least read what you have to say about the client. Alot of changes were made to the client recently based off feedback and comments of others.

dollyoops
02-19-2007, 05:39 PM
well, u may install ms java insted of sun's, then azureus wil lrun a little faster.

Microsoft stopped updating their Java VM's a long time ago, it won't be possible to run Azureus with them.

dollyoops
02-19-2007, 05:56 PM
has anyone else noticed what a POS azureus has turned into? It may well have always been a POS, but was always a familiar app for me, but has anyone noticed when making torrents with it, it cant seem to find the file you are sharing, it always makes a new file or folder? Its almost impossible to seed anything with it unless you downloaded the file.

If you spent as much time posting a bug report as you did complaining here, it might actually get fixed.... :dry:

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-20-2007, 02:22 AM

If you spent as much time posting a bug report as you did complaining here, it might actually get fixed.... :dry:

i can appreciate your comment, but I actually dont care if it gets fixed at this point. I am a utorrent convert. I understand now what all the hype was about with it. I still have the installer for az 2.5.0.0, so I could always go back to that, but I see no reason.

And I wasnt complaining so much as I was asking if anyone else noticed the same thing. If everyone would have said no, then I would have known something was wrong on my end, but since a few people have concurred, I am allowed to jump to the conclusion that az has gone to shit. See how that works? :D

and I dont have time for bug reports, I am not in the business of bug reporting. If a piece of software turns to crap, I move on to the next one :P

Oh, and 2.5.0.5 is the same way :lol:

dollyoops
02-20-2007, 10:38 AM
and I dont have time for bug reports, I am not in the business of bug reporting.

Yet you have time to talk about on a forum? Oh well.

If a piece of software turns to crap, I move on to the next one :P

Well - there are plenty of people who still like Azureus, so I guess not everyone thinks it's crap. uTorrent is good though, certainly would be the client I'd use if I didn't use Azureus.

Oh, and 2.5.0.5 is the same way :lol:

No such version as 2.5.0.5.

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
well, maybe it wasnt 2505, but there was an update to 2504, and I, at the time, hoped it would fix the problem, but it didnt.

as for talking on a forum, well....yea, I would rather chat on this forum than submit a bug report. Call me lazy :P There are plenty of other people who I am sure have already mentioned the issue to the az developers.

and you may say "well, if everyone was like you, bugs would never get fixed", and that would be true if everyone was like me, but the chances of that actually being the case are slim to zero, so I am sure the az people know about it.

dollyoops
02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
as for talking on a forum, well....yea, I would rather chat on this forum than submit a bug report. Call me lazy :P

Lazy. :D

"well, if everyone was like you, bugs would never get fixed", and that would be true if everyone was like me, but the chances of that actually being the case are slim to zero, so I am sure the az people know about it.Actually, I'm not sure. Not everyone creates torrents. Not many people have the same combination of settings either. If it was that common, it probably would have been noticed in one of the betas and fixed before it was released.

Anyway, having a look, I think it was actually fixed in 2.5.0.4 (and it seems to work for me), but you seem to find that it's broken. So either you've got your version number mixed up, or you had a different problem.

But since you've gone to uTorrent, I guess we'll never know. :rolleyes:

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-20-2007, 03:15 PM
well, I am going to be reloading my pc with vista soon, so I will prolly give it another try just to make sure. I just figure its a problem with az cuz i personally know about 5 people who had the same thing happen.

I wonder what the deal is with az 3.0.0.6?

Aviran
02-20-2007, 03:16 PM
use utorrent its a better client

dollyoops
02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
well, I am going to be reloading my pc with vista soon, so I will prolly give it another try just to make sure.

I've seen people report problems with both Azureus and uTorrent in Vista, so good luck with that....

I just figure its a problem with az cuz i personally know about 5 people who had the same thing happen.

Well, if you do give Azureus another go, could you try and post more detail about how to recreate the bug?

I wonder what the deal is with az 3.0.0.6?

What do you mean? Azureus 3.0.0.6 is basically Azureus 2.5.0.4 with the Zudeo interface bundled with it.