PDA

View Full Version : giveaway's - is it worth??

walczanin
02-11-2007, 10:18 AM
ok

i posted this thread here cuz it concerns this section at most.
I will have to reconsider if it's still worth, to take a risk, and responsibility for invitees.

Week or so ago i gave away some x264 invites, and after 2-3 days i found out that someone informed x264stuff about it, and as a result my account was disabled. Well, i thought bad luck, and once i registered for the second time, i gave away some x264 again............and shit happened again, this time i received warning for inviting a user who was previously disabled for cheating, and once he got invite from me, apparently he cheated again. Im not gonna post his nickname, cuz unfortunately theres no such a section where i could report that kind of stuff ............:angry:

So just my advice to all good fst members, think twice before u invite somoene.............well at least in case where u can loose quite a lot.
And as a result all u noobs can forget about x264 from me:noes:. From now on all my giveaways will concern only elite members, until i change my mind.

peace

Backslash
02-11-2007, 10:19 AM
walczaning, don't use the same name here as you do at trackers.

asafisraeli123
02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
let him who gives invites to take the responsability...

walczanin
02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
walczaning, don't use the same name here as you do at trackers.

im not mate
(there are few sites i have the same nickname, but i never trade these(1excpetion), nor givaway their invites)

Backslash
02-11-2007, 10:22 AM
well you did trade me an account that had walczanin as its name and was immediately flagged as invite trader so i had trade that acc away for nothing

walczanin
02-11-2007, 10:24 AM
well you did trade me an account that had walczanin as its name and was immediately flagged as invite trader so i had trade that acc away for nothing

sorry to hear that mate,:(that was a mistake i will never make again

cameron16
02-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeh mate I defiantly do agree with you, I gave away 5 bitme invites not to long ago and from that I have three users with ratio's of 0 and a very high dl so as walczanin said be very wearing of who you give them to. However in saying that I beleive free invites should be something encouraged more here.

Alco23
02-11-2007, 11:45 AM
It's a risk everytime you give/trade an invite. Even after you ask for ratios it's still a risk. However, torrents are all about giving, so I'll keep in the spirit and keep giving. If I run into "bad" peeps (scammers & cheaters etc) I'll note it down and try to avoid it next time. That said, if I had a bad run like Walczanin I 'd probably get jaded too and stop giving sites I find more precious to randoms.

Bad luck Walczanin, you know what they say about karma. Your good run is due ;).

LoOpiNg
02-11-2007, 11:48 AM
yea people do have to be careful at times and take precautions but don't stop giving due to a few bad eggs. The torrent community exists due to people like you guys giving and remember when you started new and had no invites.

janine
02-11-2007, 11:55 AM
There are a lot of people on here that seem to have access to everything. Apparantly they are here for an increased rep and/or the good of the community, since they obviously don't need any accounts or invites. What if some of these people could make themselves available for checking out people's creds? Like a broker they could hold details in "escrow" until they have verified the recipients creds. They would receive rep and thanks, but hard to see what else could be given in reward, though... but, I suppose the user category "Broker" could be of interest to some..

gamer4eva
02-11-2007, 11:58 AM
We should make a thread concerning people that 'ratio cheated' or anything like that. :lol:

george22
02-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Today when I read this post I got a bit scared because I traded 3 invites to x264 yesterday
and now when I tried to log in to the site my account was disabled :angry:

I hate those cheaters and spies

walczanin
02-11-2007, 06:53 PM
wtf!!!
no i found out that the next two guys i invited are disabled
:angry::angry::angry::angry:
f**k!! 5 invites = 3disabled accs
now i will probably never get invites..............
!@#$%!!!!

stets619
02-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll give out accounts I have no use for occasionally. If I give out invites I'll have strict requirements that potential invitees will have to meet (2-6 poweruser/1:1 SS)
The thing about giveaways though, a lot of them will not even want or need the account/invite, they will just want it to use as trade bait, that sucks:(

walczanin
02-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll give out accounts I have no use for occasionally. If I give out invites I'll have strict requirements that potential invitees will have to meet (2-6 poweruser/1:1 SS)
The thing about giveaways though, a lot of them will not even want or need the account/invite, they will just want it to use as trade bait, that sucks:(

the problem is u never know who are u inviting, even if they will post ratio proofs

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I have big problems inviting people that I don't know.
even member with rep. points - we have learn that the points don't really reflects anything...
I think that I'll follow walczanin way - Invite only people I know & they r well known here.

walczanin
02-11-2007, 07:25 PM
the points don't really reflects anything...

as said before, i would rather invite somoene i know well with no rep points, then someone unknown for me with +20...........

blackfog
02-11-2007, 07:25 PM
before trading, how about asking for the complete screenshot (ofcourse, blurring out the sensitive data) of the browser showing the profile. If extra fields are visible in the profile, then we can be sure that it is an original profile, and not older or copied. Also one can restrict the invites to PUs as wild did for WB invites.

I'm fairly new to this trading business and so not sure how much of these can be put into practice.

Green Goblin
02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
before trading, how about asking for the complete screenshot (ofcourse, blurring out the sensitive data) of the browser showing the profile. If extra fields are visible in the profile, then we can be sure that it is an original profile, and not older or copied. Also one can restrict the invites to PUs as wild did for WB invites.

I'm fairly new to this trading business and so not sure how much of these can be put into practice.

doesnt matter mate you give me the invite after i have shown you everything you wanted to see, i register i look around, i dont like it i either trade it or give it away, so then you are relying on another person not to screw it up.
Im not handing out my invites now unless i see someone struggling to get 1 and he really does need it.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Lots of times I asked the member 2 send me ratio proofs uncensored.
so if he fu**s up - I'll b able 2 report him.

kavalchuk17
02-11-2007, 07:48 PM
if you really want to vheck, PM them from the tracker that they gave you ratio proof at.

Een though this is different, i pm'd this guy at ScT and learned i was about to get scammed. But the point is, you know for sure if you PM them.

Also if you want to make sure theres no cheats, make an OiNK ratio a requirement. (and maybe even PM them from there)

thebazzla
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
i think its a tough call to make i have just made my way up to level 3 trackers and would be pretty p***d of if i got my accounts disabled through bad users as for oink i have not got that so i cant comment about ratio requirement i suppose it comes down to a trust thing i do know that the people that have geneously invited me to sites i have kept good ratios so if i can do it i dont see why others cant:)

walczanin
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Also if you want to make sure theres no cheats, make an OiNK ratio a requirement

that sounds like a good idea......:yup:

janine
02-11-2007, 08:42 PM
How about making a "Trading Best Practices" Sticky or some such. Throw in all the good tips for a safe trade and how to be discrete etc?

This is all there currently is to find ("Posting guidelines"):

Do NOT Trade Invites Through PM Prior To

Clicking a members name and selecting View Public Profile.
Reading some of their posts to get familiar with them.
If possible check their profile at mutual torrent sites.
Checking they have a star under their username.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/ranks/member1.gif
If theres no star DO NOT reply to any messages youve received.
They dont have access and shouldnt be asking for invites.
Make a Report (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=72) in the Report Section for staff to deal with.
There you can paste the message you received.

taba
02-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Also if you want to make sure theres no cheats, make an OiNK ratio a requirement

that sounds like a good idea......:yup:

good idea
but some1 like me havs no concern about music i will not ever seed at oink even not trien to keep it:yup:

ELITE memb is fair i think

shazzar
02-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Trading with well known members seems fair but we need a forum section for discussing/reporting bad members. At least it may help stop other people getting conned too.

Ratzy Rox
02-12-2007, 12:34 AM
Im put off trading with people with lots of rep points, they tend to be more prolific traders and therefore more dangerous in terms of getting my account disabled, indeed i dont encourage people to add rep points after a trade since its just advertising to sites which im a member at that i may have got the account through trading with people online.

renusa
02-12-2007, 04:13 AM
Some people keep going back for invites to the same site where they got disabled without understanding that they can't ever get in again and that they are making life difficult for the person who invited them there.There is no way to verify whether a user was disabled from any site previously unless he/she tells you so.
Suggestion:There should be a sticky regarding this on filesharingtalk Invites forum.