PDA

View Full Version : When is Call of Duty 3 coming out for PC?

tralalala
02-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Or is it not..? Is there a date for it yet?

I haven't played any of the previous ones, but heard it's a great game, and would like to try the newest one.. any idea when it's meant to be coming out for PC?

Thanks

mbucari1
02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I just saw the game book in walmart today, but I don't know when the game comes out.

spidey99
02-12-2007, 07:22 PM
i don't think it will come to pc...

Skiz
02-12-2007, 07:26 PM

Correct. CoD3 will never be on PC. Fact.

You gotta wait for CoD4. :dabs:

SHUVT
02-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Who cares... COD3 sucks for online play. They should have kept the online play in the COD2 format. Just my opinion. All of you PC gamers are not missing anything on this one.

Skiz
02-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Who cares... COD3 sucks for online play. They should have kept the online play in the COD2 format. Just my opinion. All of you PC gamers are not missing anything on this one.

CoD2 format? You must not have ever played UO. :dabs:

tralalala
02-12-2007, 08:13 PM
nah its just i was wondering whether to download CoD2 or wait for 3 to come out.. whats more worth my while? waiting for something that may not exist or get CoD2? is it good enough..? :lol: what are the graphics like?

Skiz
02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
nah its just i was wondering whether to download CoD2 or wait for 3 to come out.. whats more worth my while? waiting for something that may not exist or get CoD2? is it good enough..? :lol: what are the graphics like?

Do you own CoD:UO? The graphics in CoD2 are better than UO, but they no substitute for the outstanding smoothness and gameplay of UO.

CoD2 isn't half the game UO is - literally. CoD2 took away the satchel charges, tanks, jeeps, cookable nades, sprint function, etc, etc, etc., and there will be no expansion. WYSIWYG.

SHUVT
02-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Well I guess UO has all the things found in COD3 for 360. Just too chaotic and doesn't offer the 1 on 1 battles like COD2. It is up to your gaming preferences I guess.

tralalala
02-12-2007, 10:09 PM
what does the UO stand for..? sorry for the n00bish questions

Skiz
02-13-2007, 02:56 AM

United Offensive. It's great, just get it. :)

Well I guess UO has all the things found in COD3 for 360. Just too chaotic and doesn't offer the 1 on 1 battles like COD2. It is up to your gaming preferences I guess.

:noes: :noes: :noes:

MCHeshPants420
02-13-2007, 09:52 AM

Don't bother with either, there's a hundred better games than any of the games in the CoD series.

Skiz
02-13-2007, 10:23 AM

Don't bother with either, there's a hundred better games than any of the games in the CoD series.

It maintains it's status as one of the most played games still. It just depends on what you like. Download the demo if you wanna just try it.

MCHeshPants420
02-13-2007, 10:30 AM

I think it stands for Undeniably Outclassed, in reference to how pants it is.

Skiz
02-13-2007, 10:38 AM

I think it stands for Undeniably Outclassed, in reference to how pants it is.

Ignore him. It still remain one of the most played games.

MCHeshPants420
02-13-2007, 10:49 AM
The single player missions are a heavily scripted linear experience into pointlessness (in a vain attempt to make you feel like you're in a war film it actually makes you feel like you're watching a war film (ie no freedom)), the multiplayer has been done better and more fun by many other FPS games. Having lots of people play it doesn't make for a good game, The Sims is one of the most played games out there but I doubt any of us is going to rush out and play it right now solely because of that fact.

Try them by all means but be prepared to be disappointed. They are 5/10 games at best.

Beware of the fanboys.

kobi_af
02-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm too waited for COD3 but according to the rumors they made this decision becouse of COD2 downloads

atrat
02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
my fav was call of duty 2 and thats it never cared much for COD3 plus my computer wouldn't have handled it anyway tho

HanerD
02-14-2007, 12:29 AM
call of duty was nothin special...any of them!
there ARE much better games

spidey99
02-15-2007, 12:20 PM
i suggest you to play "brothers in arms". it was a great game and better than all of other WW fps games...

Skiz
02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
i suggest you to play "brothers in arms". it was a great game and better than all of other WW fps games...

The first one sucked ass though. Run, flank, shoot, repeat. :wacko:

BawA
02-15-2007, 04:37 PM
the best part was UO one, 2 wasn't bad but as some have pointed out lots of thing were cut out of it, like the portable fire machine. but because COD is based on actual historical events it effected on the type of weaponry used at the time .
funny how this thread came around, from past few days ive been playing Cod2 again and in my opinion American Chapter is best in all series specially in this one.
its shame that Infinity betrayed us(PC) they should at least release COD3 for PC later or sooner like GTA series which do get released on pc after a year.

Anyway Rafi i suggest you to try the game from scratch(COD), the game is kinda on going history not mentioning that COD won the best seller and most rated of its time and if not mistaken "Platinium".

BawA
02-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by spidey99 View Post

ahh BIA is nothing like COD, the graphic was lil bit better then COD but UO won that.
BIA was too strategic, kinda headache to order you're squad unlike UO which you're team does what is necessary on its own.

Skiz
02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
the best part was UO one, 2 wasn't bad but as some have pointed out lots of thing were cut out of it, like the portable fire machine. but because COD is based on actual historical events it effected on the type of weaponry used at the time .
funny how this thread came around, from past few days ive been playing Cod2 again and in my opinion American Chapter is best in all series specially in this one.
its shame that Infinity betrayed us(PC) they should at least release COD3 for PC later or sooner like GTA series which do get released on pc after a year.

Anyway Rafi i suggest you to try the game from scratch(COD), the game is kinda on going history not mentioning that COD won the best seller and most rated of its time and if not mistaken "Platinium".

Hell yeah. Over 80 Game of the Year awards including E3. :w00t:

Busyman™
02-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Damn I thought COD3 was already out for PC.:unsure: So it was a console exclusive.

The game is pretty good on the 360 but it's not near the best FPS ever or anything.

Skiz
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Damn I thought COD3 was already out for PC.:unsure: So it was a console exclusive.

The game is pretty good on the 360 but it's not near the best FPS ever or anything.

Yep, but I believe CoD4 is supposed to be PC exclusive. :wacko:

morphine
02-15-2007, 11:45 PM
COD is one of my favorite pc games series. I think it's the best WW II game. Far better then MOH. Not that they're bad, but i believe COD is in a class apart. It's unbelivebale how immersive this series is. And although the number of games that the series already has, it never feels repetitive or dull. Hope that the next COD comes sooner than later.

SIGMA-ZERO
02-16-2007, 09:34 AM

spidey99
02-16-2007, 12:48 PM
i can't understand how people play fps games on consoles.i tried but it is not fun to play them on consoles without a mouse...

dtrain1234
02-17-2007, 03:06 AM
COD3 is only available for PS2,PS3 and PSP.

MCHeshPants420
02-17-2007, 08:32 AM
COD3 is only available for PS2,PS3 and PSP.

Firstly, this thread has already well covered what consoles COD3 is available for. Secondly, you're wrong anyhows.

lordyosi
02-17-2007, 04:38 PM
there is no cod3 project for pc sorry

Skiz
02-17-2007, 06:32 PM
there is no cod3 project for pc sorry

Thanks for that late breaking update.

tacoflavakiss
02-21-2007, 03:56 AM
I don't believe it is comin out any time soon, why don't you just by a 360 and play it??

Skiz
02-21-2007, 04:04 AM
I don't believe it is comin out any time soon, why don't you just by a 360 and play it??

Because that's almost $400 in purchases just to play a game. :frusty: