PDA

View Full Version : Question

JA
02-12-2007, 05:28 AM
See, my mates, are seriously all drop kick dumb kids who no nothing about torrents..so i have to share my TL account with them, so they can at least download stuff at a decent speed..my question is...

IF i share my TL account with 7-8 other of my mates...WILL it get disabled? I see no reason for it to be disabled as none of them have an account there, so it aint dupe accounts or anything..What u guys think?

Skiz
02-12-2007, 05:36 AM
See, my mates, are seriously all drop kick dumb kids who no nothing about torrents..so i have to share my TL account with them, so they can at least download stuff at a decent speed..my question is...

IF i share my TL account with 7-8 other of my mates...WILL it get disabled? I see no reason for it to be disabled as none of them have an account there, so it aint dupe accounts or anything..What u guys think?

In the rules...

Can I share my account with my friend?

Although we can't tell you implicitly what you may or may not do with your account, we highly advise against it. Don't complain to us if your 'shared' account gets stolen because the person you shared it with changed the password, email or leeched on it excessively and it has gotten disabled or is about to be disabled. So in answer to your question, it is not recommended. One person per account, per ip.

JA
02-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Well, all my mates are trustworthy, so i suppose i can :) Thanks, i cbf'd researchin that skizo i owe u 1 :D

Skiz
02-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Why not just use your invites to obtain individual accounts for your buddies?

RaPPeR
02-12-2007, 05:44 AM
if you will be there 2 at the same time, the account will be disabled. and both of you will got ban. i think so.

JA
02-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Why not just use your invites to obtain individual accounts for your buddies?
They wont upload coz they have really crap ISP's so i need to upload for them, and then they can DL what ever they wish.

Skiz
02-12-2007, 06:17 AM
7-8 people downloading and only you uploading?? :wacko:

JA
02-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Yah, they only download the occasional prison break, or something like that, i can handle it anways :) I am afterall superman.

switchtrey
02-12-2007, 06:44 AM
ahaha ur a gr8 m8.

i am in exactly the same situation.

blackfog
02-12-2007, 07:08 AM
slightly OT (maybe).

how about 2 logins from the same IP ?

my univ has a proxy server which routes all the traffic through it . There might be more than two people accessing the same site at the same moment. It haven't happened yet for the last one year, but the "torrent-craze" in campus seems to be increasing, so I am expecting this in the nearby future.

Also I can easily prove that my IP(s) belongs to my university by a simple search in wikipedia.

So do I have a chance to get my account back, if it gets disabled ?

Thrusty
02-12-2007, 10:56 AM

If all they do is leech and you'll do the seeding for them, why not set up an FTP server and give them access to the files they need (if you have the bandwidth)?

RainRoofer
02-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Yah, they only download the occasional prison break, or something like that, i can handle it anways :) I am afterall superman.
Staff like that can be found on public trackers.

JA
02-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Staff like that can be found on public trackers.
Well, you see, they have to leave there computers on day and night just to get the latest prison break. So i put em outta there misery, and gave em my acc, anways it dont matter, has a 400gb or so buffer, take em a while to get through it.

Melvinmeow
02-12-2007, 02:41 PM
slightly OT (maybe).

my univ has a proxy server which routes all the traffic through it . There might be more than two people accessing the same site at the same moment. It haven't happened yet for the last one year, but the "torrent-craze" in campus seems to be increasing, so I am expecting this in the nearby future.

Also I can easily prove that my IP(s) belongs to my university by a simple search in wikipedia.

Some sites run whitelists... which means they exempt certain ips from showing up in dupe searches. I have this function on my site and Im pretty sure TB has this feature not sure which other sites do it as well.

@onlinenooby most sites dont check what ips are downloaded. Alot limit how many times you can connect to the same exact torrent at a time though.

gamer4eva
02-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I would recommend 5 IP's max per TL user.

N@LiM
02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
slightly OT (maybe).

If all users from the univ are doing good then it won't be a proble, but if someone does anythig wrong then u can also be in trouble.. I have already experienced that. Someone from my LAN cheated at Bitme and then they banned me too...