PDA

View Full Version : How many use newsleechers "super search" feature?

webe123
02-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I was wondering how many here may use the super search on newsleecher and if you find it useful. I find it comes in handy for brand new things not out on my favorite NZB site's like newzbin. I can usually do a quick search with super search and find it if it is on Giganews.

Ne'tu
02-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I bought it along NewsLeecher. But I don't consider it that useful since I'm using UsenetServer which offers the same thing.

riceboi
02-12-2007, 12:43 PM
v3.newzbin.com has this feature too its called "usenet files search" ..
which hardly anyone knows about or use it..its comes in handy when newzbin editors
forgets to post nzbs..feature also in newzbin.com for premium members

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5651/66fu3.jpg <<--newbin file search

UsenetGuy
02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
v3.newzbin.com has this feature too its called "usenet files search" ..
which hardly anyone knows about or use it..its comes in handy when newzbin editors
forgets to post nzbs..feature also in newzbin.com for premium members

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5651/66fu3.jpg <<--newbin file search

That's what I use, comes in handy because sometimes the editors dont post the nzb and you can get the nzb alot quicker than waiting for an editor to post it :)

Curlz31
02-12-2007, 06:20 PM
SuperSearch is extremly useful for finding newsgroup binaries for which nzb's don't exist or are hard to find. I use it frequently.

I'd imagine the 'usenet files search' feature on newzbin igives near identical results but if you use Newsleecher for downloading, SuperSearch allows you to do everything in one application. Search => Select Files => Right Click => Leech. Very Fast.

geen
02-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Tip of the day:

Use NewsSearcher-0.9.2 !

This is an addon for newsleecher which redirects the supersearch function to a service like newzleech.com or binsearch.info ! It replaces SS for 99% (you cant select multiple files and add them all at once)

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1664/testhp7.jpg
(Mind the NS icon in my taskbar ;))

Jimi...
02-17-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't even bother using Usenet Indexing sites anymore as SS fulfills my needs perfectly.

delimare
02-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I've been corrected and educated.

sych0
02-21-2007, 03:52 AM
I used it all the time. I wish there was something like it on the mac side :(

lukaz
02-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I use Ultraleecher which as a similar search engine called Ultrasearch.

stephen-UNS
02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I use it even though usenetserver has something similar. The only reason I like it better is the fact that you highlight what you need and then leech it after that. With usenetserver's feature you have to check each one you want and the create an NZB. It doesn't take much longer to do but I'm lazy.

When you check a box you can hold shift and select the box for the last item in your selection and it will select the boxes in between. It does not work in the reverse; you have to select top then select botton, it does not work bottom to top.

-Stephen
UNS

delimare
02-22-2007, 12:29 AM
I use it even though usenetserver has something similar. The only reason I like it better is the fact that you highlight what you need and then leech it after that. With usenetserver's feature you have to check each one you want and the create an NZB. It doesn't take much longer to do but I'm lazy.

When you check a box you can hold shift and select the box for the last item in your selection and it will select the boxes in between. It does not work in the reverse; you have to select top then select botton, it does not work bottom to top.

-Stephen
UNS

I appreciate the reply. It works like a charm too! I guess I wont be needing supersearch anymore. Usenetserver for the win, baby.

My next question though. Will you be increasing the "Results Per Page" beyond 400?

stephen-UNS
02-22-2007, 05:47 AM
My next question though. Will you be increasing the "Results Per Page" beyond 400?

Not likely. The next major version will thread similar posts together. For example, 50 results on a page will give you more unique results than 400 without threading.

-Stephen

Kmtnwmn
02-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I bought the whole package SS and all. I really do like the SS feature in NL ... but here is my issue.

I purchased the NL program, updates to the program for a year and the SS feature for around $30. When time comes to renew, I'm going to have to purchase the entire package again. So I'll be paying for a program (NL) that I've already purchased.

Just doesn't seem right to me. There has been allot of fussing about it and the point is valid. You should be able to renew what you choose instead of buying the software every year to get the SS feature.

Ne'tu
02-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Agnitum Firewall uses the same type of licence: you can get all the versions for 1 year, after that you can only use the latest version bought during the subscription year.

It sucks but that's it. :(

towerblocks
02-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Agnitum Firewall uses the same type of licence: you can get all the versions for 1 year, after that you can only use the latest version bought during the subscription year.

It sucks but that's it. :(

Easy way to solve that, Use a cracked version like i do.

Ne'tu
02-25-2007, 06:52 PM
You can't use the SuperSearch feature with a cracked version.