PDA

View Full Version : Good English Anime:

billgates12
02-12-2007, 09:59 PM
PLEASE LIST ALL GOOD ENGLISH ANIME HERE:

I WOULD PREFER FINISH OR NON-FINISHED ANIME SERIES.

THANK YOU ALL FOR REPLY.:w00t:

phatback
02-18-2007, 11:27 PM
why would u want to see a english anime?XXX ones with subs will always be better then crapy edited dubs :X i cant think of a single english seris that was the least bit well dubbed in the sense that it was better then original :X

Appzalien
10-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Normal people would rather watch a video than read it. Only arrogant anime nerds read videos. If you want to read anime buy a comic book.

r9batista
10-10-2007, 05:19 AM
you mean English dubbed, or originally English?

danne
10-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Normal people would rather watch a video than read it. Only arrogant anime nerds read videos. If you want to read anime buy a comic book.

Speak for yourself. Fact is that Eng-dubs usually suck because they hire half-assed actors who can't act. The series/movies that has a good English cast aren't many.

k9black
10-10-2007, 11:11 PM
cowboy bebop is decent, as is trigun and hellsing.

kyuuchi
10-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Full Metal Alchemist english dub is really good. Probably one of few animes were they didn't screw up the dub.

Appzalien
10-12-2007, 03:05 PM
"Speak for yourself. Fact is that Eng-dubs usually suck because they hire half-assed actors who can't act. The series/movies that has a good English cast aren't many."

Thats funny, I always thought acting requires someones presence in the video. The real acting in an anime is done by the drawn characters and if you think the original Japanese overdub is better "acting" than any english dub even though you don't understand a word, your really up there in the clouds.

snap3r
10-12-2007, 03:17 PM
try Inuyasha and DragonBallZ > they are dubbed but i didnt watch them dubbed cuz i like the japanese version and i dont mind learning a little english while enjoying miself :)

PS - actually look here http://majin2007.com/browse.php this site has only dubbed anime releases :) Enjoy
Cheers

danne
10-12-2007, 04:46 PM
"Speak for yourself. Fact is that Eng-dubs usually suck because they hire half-assed actors who can't act. The series/movies that has a good English cast aren't many."

Thats funny, I always thought acting requires someones presence in the video. The real acting in an anime is done by the drawn characters and if you think the original Japanese overdub is better "acting" than any english dub even though you don't understand a word, your really up there in the clouds.

Funny as it may be to you, it just proves your ignorance. What makes an anime come alive is the whole, sound and animation. If one of them is bad, it makes the whole less. As I already said, most US dubs are way off the mark when it comes to make the whole a good experience. Beside the point, I'm a multilingual person, Japanese being one of the languages I know least. I'll, however, take the Japanese dub over the English any day.

As for 'overdub' I dunno what you are getting at? Over acting by the actor? That's exactly one of the gripes about the US dubs. You certainly don't seem to talk about what overdub really means.

davidw89
10-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Whether an anime is dub/or sub ..doesn't matter..depends on personal preference.
I prefer sub because i like the voices of the Japanese actor...maybe some people prefer English voices?

lostdemon
12-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Gun Grave english dub

Very good storyline that draws you into it

kirktrix
12-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Samurai X " Rurouni Kenshin " Good English anime....

lostdemon
12-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Seeing the Ruroni Kenshin post reminded me of one I really liked

Samurai 7

Femto
02-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is all English. Very well done too.

Memory Mage
02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
My favourite dubs are The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Black Lagoon, Fruits Basket and Ninja Nonsense.

And I'm not sure if Metal Gear Solid, Grandia II or the Kingdom Hearts series count as they are video games.

grimms
02-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Gungrave, Elfed Lied, and Berserk, have some fantastic English dubbing. I prefer the voices of the japanese actors, but cannot understand what they are saying (Which is unfortunate for me). So I usuallly just settle for all the sub versions and have to read and sometimes digress from watching. Especially with Death Note(Extremely good anime though).