PDA

View Full Version : Super Hero

hotindew
05-24-2003, 08:34 AM
who do you think is the best super hero, i personally think blade abd the punisher

ck-uk
05-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Everyone knows..know one can beat Superman..hes the man of steel :lol: :lol:

Goldwheelz
05-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by CosmoK@24 May 2003 - 09:38
How about Doc Savage, Man of Bronze? :lol: :lol:

ck-uk
05-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Goldwheelz+24 May 2003 - 10:26--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goldwheelz @ 24 May 2003 - 10:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CosmoK@24 May 2003 - 09:38
Everyone knows..know one can beat Superman..hes the man of steel :lol:&nbsp; :lol:
How about Doc Savage, Man of Bronze? :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Who the fuck is doc savage....never heard of him...still, no contest
superman rules :D

Goldwheelz
05-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by CosmoK+24 May 2003 - 10:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CosmoK @ 24 May 2003 - 10:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Goldwheelz@24 May 2003 - 10:26
<!--QuoteBegin--CosmoK@24 May 2003 - 09:38
How about Doc Savage, Man of Bronze? :lol: :lol:
Who the fuck is doc savage....never heard of him...still, no contest
superman rules :D [/b][/quote]
You obviously only know the obvious popular ones? :D

Doc Savage is the fictional hero created in the early thirties to tap into the public&#39;s thirst for high adventure. He starred in 181 stories between 1933 and 1949, appearing monthly in his own "Doc Savage magazine."

The film DOC SAVAGE - THE MAN OF BRONZE (1975) starring Ron Ely as the Bronze Adventurer. Unfortunately, Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze was neither a popular nor critical success.

There have been rumoured plans in recent years for a new version of Doc Savage, purportedly to star Arnold Schwarzenegger. :unsure:

Want to find out anymore click here (http://users.aol.com/jsines233/private/DocSavage.htm)?

Just because you&#39;ve never heard of him CosmoK :angry: without him leading the way, Superman might never have been created (1938)&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

kuperaye
05-24-2003, 02:10 PM
Me being an avid comic book fan of marvel comics i would say Capt. America cuz he can kick some serious ass kinda like NEO and Punisher cuz he is just plain BADASS. The third one i would say is THE HULK cuz you really dont want to mess with someone thirty feet tall and can step on you and doesnt think before they do..

ps THE HULK could murder superman cuz in Bruce Banner form.. he would get kryptonite then go into hulk form and shove down supermans throat

ck-uk
05-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Sorry Goldwheelz, i had actualy heard of him..i was just playin&#39; silly
ignorent :D

Rocktron
05-24-2003, 02:17 PM
My super hero is BLOOK&#33;

ck-uk
05-24-2003, 02:30 PM
ps THE HULK could murder superman cuz in Bruce Banner form.. he would get kryptonite then go into hulk form and shove down supermans throat

yeah&#33;&#33; but where the fuck is david banner gonna get some kryto
from?..and then hes go to b aleast poked in the eye first to change.

i dont think so :D

kuperaye
05-24-2003, 02:40 PM
He&#39;ll make some and if you make him mad he will turn to HULK probably GREY hulk cuz he is smarter

Goldwheelz
05-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by CosmoK@24 May 2003 - 15:15
Sorry Goldwheelz, i had actualy heard of him..i was just playin&#39; silly
ignorent :D
No probs, my personal favourite Comic book SuperHero that has been portrayed on the Silver screen, is Batman :lol: :lol:

thisiswhoweare
05-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Daredevil :D but thats kinda ruined for me now that Ben Affleck played him. So I kinda like Cap America, but DD is still good.

thegroggman
05-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Everyone knows..know one can beat Superman..hes the man of steel LOL...actually cosmok Batman kicked his ass bad in the Dark Knight returns. Anywho, if I had to pick a favorite from comics...Spider-man, but from movies...well Ill have to wait and see till HULK comes out :D

kuperaye
05-24-2003, 04:24 PM
THE movie daredevil ruint it for me too.... cuz the movie was exactly like spiderman and had lines from the 1989 punisher...

Bebi
05-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Sailor Moon because:

Shes cute
shes sexy
Shes lovable and slices and dices bad guys for breakfast :D

ck-uk
05-24-2003, 05:20 PM
:lol: thegroggman..how can a man who dresses up in a cape and just uses gaguets he buys with money defeat a man who can fly+his other superhuman powers? now we r bein&#39; silly :lol:

thegroggman
05-24-2003, 05:39 PM
LOL..well CosmoK...pictures speak louder than words so I scanned this in special for you :D (oh and you should read the Dark Knight Returns series...its one of the best ever written)

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha1/bat.jpg

ck-uk
05-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by thegroggman@24 May 2003 - 18:39
LOL..well CosmoK...pictures speak louder than words so I scanned this in special for you :D (oh and you should read the Dark Knight Returns series...its one of the best ever written)

Sorted m8..u almost convinced me :lol: .. i just can&#39;t get my head round the logic of it ... when it comes down to it batman is just a normal guy like us with a few tricks up his sleeve...sorry

i will hav a look out for Dark Knight Returns cheers ck

imported_rogierius
05-24-2003, 07:18 PM
BLOB OFCOURSE, you morons&#33; He&#39;s the best&#33;

http://www.imahosting.com/sigs/blob.jpg

1. a drop or small lump of a thick, viscous substance
2. something of vague or indefinite form

thegroggman
05-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Sorted m8..u almost convinced me .. i just can&#39;t get my head round the logic of it ... when it comes down to it batman is just a normal guy like us with a few tricks up his sleeve...sorry Indeed...the thing is thought That ol bats is much smarter than supes, see what you didnt see is in the page before Green Lantern had shot Supes with a Kryptonite arrow. See in a one on one fight...not very many can take down Supes (with the obvious exception of Doomsday), so you gotta outsmart him :D

Schmiggy_JK23
05-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by CosmoK@24 May 2003 - 14:16
Sorted m8..u almost convinced me :lol: .. i just can&#39;t get my head round the logic of it ... when it comes down to it batman is just a normal guy like us with a few tricks up his sleeve...sorry

i will hav a look out for Dark Knight Returns cheers ck
Yes... batman did whup his ass... and had he had a few more minutes, he prolly woulda killed him/defeated him. As batman took a pill, and set himsefl up to "die" at a specific time, but it really just shut his heart down. It is a classic read, definately my favorite storyline ever... as seen here in my comic book thread (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=43&t=33030&st=0).

pick it up, and watch batman take supes down, piece by piece.

btw... my fav is Wolverine... the attitude, the savagery, the claws... how he can run over by a 3000pd car, it explode on top of him, seemingly killing him, and he can walk out of it, and heal... good stuff.

soopaman
05-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by CosmoK+24 May 2003 - 20:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CosmoK @ 24 May 2003 - 20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--thegroggman@24 May 2003 - 18:39
LOL..well CosmoK...pictures speak louder than words so I scanned this in special for you&nbsp; :D&nbsp; (oh and you should read the Dark Knight Returns series...its one of the best ever written)

i will hav a look out for Dark Knight Returns cheers ck [/b][/quote]

Batman leathers Superman again in Batman:The Dark Knight Strikes Again. This is the sequel to The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. It also features some great cameo&#39;s from The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and a few others + the death of an old favourite&#33;&#33; I won&#39;t spoil it though.

By the way, Batman:The Dark Knight Detective is easily the best superhero because he uses superior intellect and technology to solve crimes and then kicks arse big time&#33;&#33;

Close seconds are Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, Sandman, Punisher, Ronin from the Frank Miller series, V from "V For Vendetta" and The Incredible Hulk.

Schmiggy_JK23
05-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by thegroggman@24 May 2003 - 14:25
Indeed...the thing is thought That ol bats is much smarter than supes, see what you didnt see is in the page before Green Lantern had shot Supes with a Kryptonite arrow. See in a one on one fight...not very many can take down Supes (with the obvious exception of Doomsday), so you gotta outsmart him :D
Indeed again, the kryptonite arrow, frying him with all of gothom&#39;s electricity, making him fight off some missles, that home in on his xray... this bad ass sonic disruptor type thing, (if i remember correctly), and using gothom electricity to power this super suit type thing, that let him go toe to toe with supes, if ever briefly.

ck-uk
05-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Ok guys fair enough the comics got to keep the storylines goin&#39;..i hav&#39;nt read many comics ,hav&#39;t had the opportunity but movies and shit have always been one of my keen interest especialy sci-fi,super-hero&#39;s but what i manage to follow of the super-heros ..u say batman is though of as smarter then supes..sence when?
I&#39;ve never know supes as "stupid"clark kent had a full and beneficial
education ...i&#39;m gonna hav to read some comics first.

Cheers for the link Schmiggy_JK23 arl read ur thread in the mornin&#39;
i&#39;ve always like wolverine hes "solid"reminds me of the thunder cats cartoon when i was a kid they were cool..anyone rembrs them. :D

kuperaye
05-24-2003, 09:20 PM
right now i would say THE HULK would kill BOTH superman and batman if you been readin the series incredible hulk lately

thegroggman
05-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Thundercats was awesome&#33; Second favorite cartoon at the time (first was Transformers of course :D ) Anywho, get this theres a Thundercats movie in the works :o

hotindew
05-24-2003, 09:22 PM
does n e one remember that cartoon series about those cats that flew around in that fighter jet blowing up stuff. i think it was called thudercats but dnt remember

thisiswhoweare
05-24-2003, 10:44 PM
i think it sounds like swat cats :blink:

WeeMouse
05-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Dangermouse is the best&#33;

:D

Guillaume
05-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Ben J Grimm "the Thing". Anyone remember the epic battle with the Hulk?

Celerystalksme
05-25-2003, 01:34 AM
I still say Capt America...Even though im an Aussie :P

Feather
05-25-2003, 03:23 AM
i would have to say the fantastic four and the silver surfer

knyx
01-09-2006, 11:22 AM
At least The Hulk still exists. Where is Doc Savage now?

Cheese
01-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Good point. Well worth bumping a two and a half year thread for.

jdoggvt
01-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Wow, that's a great question. A tough one, though. What does one gauge
his response on? Physical prowess? Keen detection skills? The ability to banter well with super villains?

I think the topic should be filtered to exclude characters who have appeared in movies; the superman/batman debate could last forever. sure batman has that kryptonite ring and could beat the shit out of superman one on one, but superman could lobotomize batman from orbit.

for my money, it's a tough choice between venom, magik, and age of apocalypse iceman. frank miller's version of the question was pretty cool too.

manker
01-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Feck, ck-uk was mental. I'd almost forgotten.

Best superhero is Spiderman. Fact.

DorisInsinuate
01-10-2006, 09:52 PM
I'd agree with manker, not the Tobey Maguire Spider-man, though, he doesn't have the wit.

Also Ex Machina's Great Machine deserves an honorable mention because he has the second coolest super-power ever.

I'm gonna bump and old thread now.