PDA

View Full Version : RevolutionTT not a proper Scene tracker anymore!

janine
02-13-2007, 05:14 AM
RevolutionTT has started mutilating their scene releases. They remove samples and change .nfo files, which in effect turns RTT into a lame, anything-goes tracker, not Scene at all. Really amateurish.

Why they are doing this escapes me, unless it is a policy invented so that people can't get a scene release from a different source and use it to seed at RTT (now, why that would be bad, exactly, is beyond me, but they must have some reason...)

Disappointing, really, I thought that tracker had some promise, but certainly not going to hang out there anymore! Oh well, plenty of other fish in the sea ;)

i.dragonfly
02-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Can you cite some specific examples? I just started in the last 24 hours seeding a couple of torrents (dl'ed from newsgroup), and there were no changes to the files. One was TV (BSG) and one was a movie rip.

Skiz
02-13-2007, 05:36 AM
As long as the film is untouched, who cares if they change the nfo or remove the samples. I certainly don't. I guess some might preview the samples first, but not me. I know my uploaders and my releases.

By the way, I haven't noticed any of this as I only use RevTT for their DVD-R selection.

janine
02-13-2007, 05:48 AM
Yup:

CSI.Miami.S05E15.HDTV.XviD-LOL
both sample removed (definetely) and .nfo tampered with (it seems).

EDIT: Actually "Battlestar.Galactica.S03E14.WS.DSR.XviD-ORENJi" lacks "/Sample/orenji-battlestar.galactica.314-sample.avi 5.43 MiB"
but this is also the case over at TL...obviously someone higher up the foodchain made an omission or (god knows why) removed this, and it has spread to several trackers (which actually proves my point below).

as far as "who cares" goes, releases are holy and untouchable. unless this was a given, every self declared "genius" would put his "mark" on stuff by changing it, and hey presto: no wide base spread of releases --> no big swarms & no speed --> everyone hanging out at The Pirate Bay hoping they're not getting a bogus download, if they can even find what they're looking for :(

i.dragonfly
02-13-2007, 06:02 AM
I'm not convinced.

If the RevTT uploader decides not to include samples, that's his perogative. As long as the original RARs all remain unchanged, that's what's important.
Do a file-to-file compare of the nfo's. If the information on the video or audio remains untouched, then who cares.
The Scene does not release their stuff for bittorrent P2P. Stuff is "leaked out" to Scene trackers. It's up to the P2P community what the standards are for sharing among trackers, and I don't see many trackers wanting their stuff shared on other trackers. (See Rules for almost all private trackers)

gbilly72
02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
No one cares.

Arff
02-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Mutilating is a bit of a strong word there. I'm not convinced either, revTT looks pretty good to me tbh

torrentt
02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
u don't have to download anything from them if u don't like what their doing

gamer4eva
02-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeh if you do not like it then dont use it......personally if they dont want to release the sample then don't usually i never download samples anyway.....

Arff
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Well it seems to be growing in popularity anyway so it doesn't look like too many people are bothered by it (if it's even true)

Melvinmeow
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Yup:

CSI.Miami.S05E15.HDTV.XviD-LOL
both sample removed (definetely) and .nfo tampered with (it seems).

EDIT: Actually "Battlestar.Galactica.S03E14.WS.DSR.XviD-ORENJi" lacks "/Sample/orenji-battlestar.galactica.314-sample.avi 5.43 MiB"
but this is also the case over at TL...obviously someone higher up the foodchain made an omission or (god knows why) removed this, and it has spread to several trackers (which actually proves my point below).

as far as "who cares" goes, releases are holy and untouchable. unless this was a given, every self declared "genius" would put his "mark" on stuff by changing it, and hey presto: no wide base spread of releases --> no big swarms & no speed --> everyone hanging out at The Pirate Bay hoping they're not getting a bogus download, if they can even find what they're looking for :(

Acctually ive been noticing quite a few topsites (as in the scene servers themselves) Not storing the samples. Not sure if its just something they are doing now to save storage space for holding more material or what... Im guessing uploaders from sites like TL and REVTT use at least 1 of the same servers I use. I know F*N and SCT uploaders use the same ones for most of their content as well.

andrzejek1999
02-13-2007, 04:27 PM
well, who give a s*** about this, it's their own tracker so they can do whatever then want, besides i never dl samples, it's just a waste of time/ bandwith ect.

torrentslave
02-13-2007, 04:35 PM
still one of the best easy trackers to get in.

aburyach
02-13-2007, 05:53 PM
A bad sign maybe...

Shadowfire
02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Please give a definite example of the tampering of NFOs, please? Any hard proof? (Compare the scene and RTT's side by side, please)

Friendly Fire
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Does it matter that much? I prefer the torrent to have a sample but it really doesnt make me any difference. As far as nfos go, i dont see why they would alter them. And as long as they dont touch the actual files (they have no reason to) it's fine by me.

janine
02-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I suppose I am a release nut... I store great value in the fact that a release from a group vil be completely identical whereever you come across it. I keep all my stuff in the original release form, and have a fluid store of old and new stuff of about 1 TB (some old goes, some new comes in). Whenever I want to use something i unRAR it off the drive, then delete the unRARed file(s) when I am through.

For me this has several advantages:

1. It's much easier to keep on seeding (and seeding and seeding...) when the torrent is the stuff that I actually want to keep (a RARed release).

2. Whenever I want to share or upload something I know it is intact and up to every standard, not infected by virus etc.

3. Frequently I help out seeding stuff on different trackers, this would hardly be possible if releases were disrespected on trackers and everyone had a different packet.

The point is conceeded that I don't have to hang out there if I don't like it, and if this is intentional policy I wont.

For me, however, it is legitimate to say that in my view RTT does not fill the criteria to call themselves a "scene" tracker. If that was not true, BitMeTV could call themselves a "scene" tracker as well - they just take this thinking one step further and unRAR those pesky archives for everyones convenience, and who cares about the stupid .nfo anyway ;)

Peace out :)