PDA

View Full Version : 360 Modding

cool skill
02-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Please can somebody please tell me a really good site for learning to mod the X-Box 360.

I have never done it before, but I need a source of income becuase I am destituted after purchasing my core-2-duo pc and I lost my job.

Modding, I mean that I can insall a chip into a 360, then play games off of the 360 hard drive. Or from a dvd.

Is it possible to mod the PS3 the same way? I think the Blue-Ray feature is a great benefit of the PS3.

Thank you.

Dahg
02-14-2007, 03:00 AM
you wont find much business installing chips in an xbox 360 coz all it needs is a firmware update. Ps3 not yet..get out there amd look for another job! dont be lazy!

cool skill
02-14-2007, 03:22 AM
Lazy? I'm tired of making $5.35/hr. Working my ass off 54hrs/wk, and barely have enough to pay my bills. I never call a human lazy. If you compensate somebody enough they they will do a job no matter how supposedly lazy they are. It took me FOREVER to make enough moeny to buy my computer. I want to be able to at least have enough money to buy some of the things I want without laboring for ages just to get it. I get so sick of everything sometimes, but it doesn't matter.

The point is being able to do what I need to do with the 360.
So I can put firmware on it. A really good site that can teach me how to do eveything would be very helpful.
Then it should be able to play pirated 360 and xbox1 games?

I would also like to learn how to set it up to be able to put games into it. Such as download games, then wire them into a 360. I've been looking for sites that explain all this. Wondering which ones are decent.

McNutter
02-14-2007, 10:08 AM
http://xbox-scene.com/xbox360-tutorials.php?

cool skill
02-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks!
Looks like a great site.

suprafreak6
02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
yeah xbox-scene.com is your place for modding of xboxs

silent h3ro
02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Lazy? I'm tired of making $5.35/hr. Working my ass off 54hrs/wk, and barely have enough to pay my bills. I never call a human lazy. You should've worked a little harder in school or gone to college. It sounds like you used to be lazy yourself... :rolleyes:

lightshow
02-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Ah the good times of being lazy. Then modifying the firmware of a dvd drive so it will bypass the media check flag...ooo the days.

cool skill
02-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Should work harder when you work harder than everybody else you know is not exactly lazy. Don't forget the people that work the hardest and put in the most hours get paid the least.

Anyway I signed up for the forum on that site, made a thread asking how to mod a 360 or ps3. Now I cannot log on because I am banned until 3/10. I don't even know why. It's probably not a site about that kind of modding for the sake of pirating, but maybe modding for the sake of cosmetics.

Dahg
02-15-2007, 02:15 AM
actually that site IS for modding both physically and pirating... but they wont admit to pirating... its for um.. backups yah..., as for the ban - they probably want you to SEARCH/READ their forums msgs first coz you asked a question that probably has been answered thousands of times.

Cheese
02-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Lazy? I'm tired of making $5.35/hr. Working my ass off 54hrs/wk, and barely have enough to pay my bills. I never call a human lazy. You should've worked a little harder in school or gone to college. It sounds like you used to be lazy yourself... :rolleyes:

Don't you think that is a little judgemental? I know plenty of people who worked hard at school and did well at univeristy that don't earn much in hardworking jobs. You've got a rude awakening about to happen if you think that just by doing well at school you'll be set for life.

Cheese
02-15-2007, 10:29 AM
actually that site IS for modding both physically and pirating... but they wont admit to pirating... its for um.. backups yah..., as for the ban - they probably want you to SEARCH/READ their forums msgs first coz you asked a question that probably has been answered thousands of times.

Yeah, if he asked the question he asked in his original post here then I can see why he got banned. I bet they get about a brazillion threads like that every day.

cool skill
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Great. They ban you just for asking a question that has already been asked? I searched the section, and didn't see anything about that. I'll keep researching other sites anyway.

Dahg
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
try www.xboxhacker.net - this site is where the creator c4e of the first hack for the 360 posted his info - also remember FOR BACKUP purposes.. not pirating. hehe

lightshow
02-15-2007, 08:54 PM
yo cool. You need to look around before just asking for help.

open xbox-scene.com

Look at the tabs at the top (of the main website). You find a link for tutorials. Click it, choose xbox360, then choose whatever tutorial you want to read.

You'd only get linked to that tutorial from their forums anyway.

DaMan05
02-16-2007, 03:50 AM
360mods.net has the best tutorials... and get the textbook.pdf... i think its at 360mods.

cool skill
02-17-2007, 04:21 AM
Thanks!
Duh I should have noticed that tutorial link before.
Kewl sites. I realized that PS3 can be modded too. I think PS3 could be the better than 360 because of the Blue Ray.

maebach
02-17-2007, 04:26 AM
http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=69

DaMan05
02-17-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks!
Duh I should have noticed that tutorial link before.
Kewl sites. I realized that PS3 can be modded too. I think PS3 could be the better than 360 because of the Blue Ray.

where'd you hear that? im sure i would have heard about it... you have a link that i can see?

cool skill
02-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I'll try to find one.
I definitely found alot more information than what I read in that random article.

I believe Sony has instructions on how to install Fedora, and Terra Soft definitely has instructions on how to install Yellow Dog. I'm not sure if those instructions might be modified to install whatever OS you want.

I think PS3s run off of Apple processors. Not sure. They use 2.5 form factor hard drives (unfortunately). The ones included run at 5400rpm. Not sure if it will be able to take a different rpm hard drive.

Seagate has some good hard drives at 160GB.
The 5400rpm is $145.28.
The 7200rpm is $150.28

As you can tell, I have been doing alot more reasearch.
I now know how to fully mod an X-Box 360 to play "backed up" games thanks to the info I got from this thread.

Thanks all!

DaMan05
02-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I'll try to find one.
I definitely found alot more information than what I read in that random article.

I believe Sony has instructions on how to install Fedora, and Terra Soft definitely has instructions on how to install Yellow Dog. I'm not sure if those instructions might be modified to install whatever OS you want.

I think PS3s run off of Apple processors. Not sure. They use 2.5 form factor hard drives (unfortunately). The ones included run at 5400rpm. Not sure if it will be able to take a different rpm hard drive.

Seagate has some good hard drives at 160GB.
The 5400rpm is $145.28.
The 7200rpm is $150.28

As you can tell, I have been doing alot more reasearch.
I now know how to fully mod an X-Box 360 to play "backed up" games thanks to the info I got from this thread.

Thanks all!

the 360 is easy... np... i wanna hear bout this ps3 thing... its not on any of the console modding forums i go to...

tacoflavakiss
02-21-2007, 04:03 AM
360 modding is bs. I know one guy who outfitted the hard drive to download the games he rented, but it wasn't worth the 800 dollars he spent on it. I know it would be cool if you could customize your 360, but I haven't seen it

DaMan05
02-21-2007, 12:55 PM
360 modding is bs. I know one guy who outfitted the hard drive to download the games he rented, but it wasn't worth the 800 dollars he spent on it. I know it would be cool if you could customize your 360, but I haven't seen it

Okay... that guy who payed 800 is an idiot.... i goto multiple xbox hacking forums and ive never heard talk of modding the HDD. What 360 modding is, is flashing the DVD drive firmware. theres no point in paying for it, because all you need in a SATA cable and a compatible SATA card. I already have both of those... so modding my 360 is FREE.

pesser
02-21-2007, 11:01 PM

Okay... that guy who payed 800 is an idiot.... i goto multiple xbox hacking forums and ive never heard talk of modding the HDD. What 360 modding is, is flashing the DVD drive firmware. theres no point in paying for it, because all you need in a SATA cable and a compatible SATA card. I already have both of those... so modding my 360 is FREE.

QIA

just find wot drive you got http://www.360drives.com/images/dvd-drives.jpg

hitachi
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/424523

samsung
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/464269