PDA

View Full Version : iTunes with iPod Issue - Illegal *.dll

Hairbautt
02-15-2007, 01:24 AM
*removed image

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SETUPAPI.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.
This came up. How do I fix?

What I've tried:
-Google
-M$ Help, where it tells me to reinstall, ffs. :angry:
-Using WinXP Defrag (Maybe to somehow reset it?)
-Unistalling iTunes, with a regclean

Ideas? This is really annoying...Is there any 3rd party software to update/sync my ipod? :unsure:

:angry: I am using the latest iTunes, as well as WinXP SP2 Home.

The_Hunter
02-15-2007, 02:16 AM
just a thought what about system restore

bunny67
02-15-2007, 02:17 AM
unistall go in2 run use regedit and remove then do search for programe ,remove or delete and after you use reg cleaner install see what happens then

Hairbautt
02-15-2007, 02:27 AM
FIXED! On Google, I found a forum where a guy had a problem with his shell32 file (did the samething).

Anyway's so bloke told him it was because the file became bloated; this just triggered an idea as I use a Vista Icon Pack, so I searched my HD for the "setupapi.dll" and found...setupapi.dll.backup ! It was the same file size, tho'. :dabs: BUT in that $servicepack$ file stuff there was another setupapi.dll...:w00t:

So, I used replacer to restore the backup copy as the guy in the other forum did to fix his shell32, restarted and my ipod startsup!!! :smartass:

Fook ya! :clap:Here's that forum: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=4746

bunny67
02-15-2007, 02:30 AM
cool glad your sorted

DuDDee
02-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Can't sleep

then I found this thread which I know will help my friend who has same problem. Thanks for doing the donkey work, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.