PDA

View Full Version : What was Tim Hardaway thinking ?

peat moss
02-15-2007, 05:09 AM
My god what a homophobic fool . :lol: Basically said he would not play on a team with a fag on it . So much for being a spokesman for the NBA .

http://www.nbcsports.com/nba/1053992/detail.html

Busyman™
02-15-2007, 02:45 PM
He is an idiot.

I do pose this question though....

Why do men and women have separate locker rooms and bathrooms?

maebach
02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
"I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."
at least he admitted it.

SHUVT
02-15-2007, 08:50 PM
He doesn't care. He makes enough money to say what he wants to. At least he is upfront about his thought process and people know how to deal with him. To each there own and I would rather deal with someone that is upfront than someone who talks shit behind closed doors.

peat moss
02-16-2007, 04:11 AM
He is an idiot.

Good point but then why are women reporters allowed in the mens locker room ?

I was more thinking along the lines of promoting your sport to the masses , not a good role model me thinks . :dry:

Skiz
02-16-2007, 04:32 AM
He is an idiot.

I was more thinking along the lines of promoting your sport to the masses , not a good role model me thinks . :dry:

Female reporters aren't allowed into the lockers any more until a certain time has passed, giving the players time to shower, dress, etc.

Some of the more modern facilities don't let them in at all, but have chosen to wall off a separate room next to the locker room for press to conduct their interviews, etc.

Busyman™
02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
He is an idiot.

Hell if I know. The men probably didn't mind it.:naughty:

Tim being uncomfortable with a person he knows is gay in the same locker room was probably the only thing he said that I can understand.

dtrain1234
02-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Lots of popular stars, especially athletes, just say what they want before they think about it. They also usually don't apologize afterwards.

Chewie
02-17-2007, 01:03 AM
"I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."
at least he admitted it.Did he really say that? I thought the United States was in the world.

peat moss
02-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Lots of popular stars, especially athletes, just say what they want before they think about it. They also usually don't apologize afterwards.

But they may have three little ones at home thinking Dad's a butt head . I see the NBA powers that be stripped him of all league related duties so good on them . :)

morphine
02-17-2007, 10:43 AM
He had probably the best crossover in the history of the game, but was always a knucklehead. Too much money and fame for his head to cope with. Who cares what Tim Hardaway has to say. But at least he was being honest. An honest idiot.

And does anyone gives any importance to anything that most ball players say? Especially while they're active. Is it me, or it looks like they're reading a script, a very bad one. They always say the same things over and over again.

peat moss
02-17-2007, 06:31 PM
He had probably the best crossover in the history of the game, but was always a knucklehead. Too much money and fame for his head to cope with. Who cares what Tim Hardaway has to say. But at least he was being honest. An honest idiot.

And does anyone gives any importance to anything that most ball players say? Especially while they're active. Is it me, or it looks like they're reading a script, a very bad one. They always say the same things over and over again.

More like the best cross dresser ? :whistling

morphine
02-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Now, you dont want his great pal Latrell Sprewell to pay you a visit, do you?

trobinson97
02-17-2007, 08:27 PM
He had a nice crossover for his time, but I remember KJ used to kill him. Iverson's is better too.

Anyways, as far as his comments, I won't knock him for them. He's allowed to feel however he wants to. If a reporter asks the question, you might as well give the truth. So many people in sports are asked that question and just give the pc answer, leaving you wondering how they really feel about it. At least with Hardaway, there's no reaosn to speculate, except maybe on why exactly is he so homophobic.

Busyman™
02-18-2007, 05:43 AM

That's cuz they learn from being on camera early on to stay neutral with their comments.

It's a rarity to get someone like Charles Barkley.

morphine
02-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Since you mentioned Barkley, how about that Barkley vs Dick Bevetta on the all-star weekend? Now thats funny. Barkley and his huge mouth barely beating a 67 year old. That last lap was hilarious.

Busyman™
02-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Since you mentioned Barkley, how about that Barkley vs Dick Bevetta on the all-star weekend? Now thats funny. Barkley and his huge mouth barely beating a 67 year old. That last lap was hilarious.

So far All-Star Weekend has been all class.

I like when Barkley said, "We raised a whole lotta money. We raised.... [then paused to look at the cardboard check] two blackjack hands for charity."

Hilarious!:lol:

edit:

IA4LZLTrpGA

Notice that Bavetta scraped his knee and it was bleeding after the race. What wuzup with the gay monent?

morphine
02-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Heck, they should make it an all-star event. Sir Charles running against a senior citizen every year. That peck in the mouth was the yuck moment of the night.

All in all a very entertaining night. It's always light spirited but this year looks even more relaxed. And was it just me that found that Dwight Howard sticker dunk just insane?

Busyman™
02-19-2007, 02:52 AM
Heck, they should make it an all-star event. Sir Charles running against a senior citizen every year. That peck in the mouth was the yuck moment of the night.

All in all a very entertaining night. It's always light spirited but this year looks even more relaxed. And was it just me that found that Dwight Howard sticker dunk just insane?

K5saBDOE6Sc

Michael Jordan fucked him over on the score though.