PDA

View Full Version : Using Experimental Bit Torrent Clients

Forevame7189
05-24-2003, 03:31 PM
If I try out one those experimental bit torrent clients other then orginal, will the benefits show then the original one? Like for example I know in the other clients you can toggle the upload speeds and such, but would it help me much with my d/l's or should I just use the orginal bit torrent client?

wienerschnitzel
05-25-2003, 01:44 AM
I use the newest experimental client, i think its 3.2.1-b2, I haven't had any direct proof that it is faster or anything but it does give you more options. I have never had any stability issues with the expermenital clients and all of the download come out fine. The new version let you shrink it into the system tray and let you see how much of th file everyone else has. Thats helpful because now you can see how much of the file everone else has and if they are all stuck at 20% or whatever then you might as well cancel the download because its never going to finish. go to the expermenal client homepage (http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/)to look at all of the changes and to download it

LINDOREZ
05-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Its not going to help you with downloads because the download to upload ratio is set to be almost 50/50.

Toggling the upload speed just prevents your internet connection from becoming saturated. It just means that people playing online games for example can turn it down while there playing and it won't affect there ping much.

However if you turn down your upload rate, it turns down your download rate as well.

Turning down the upload doesnt seem to work for me anyway, i always give out 30kb/s on the thing.

I do like the minimize to system tray feature though. :D

stoi
05-25-2003, 07:38 PM
In my experience, and i have been using the experimental version for about 5 months now, is that if i set it to unlimited then it takes 30+KBs but i only download at 10-20KBs, but if i set it to dial up then i get 5-6KBs upload and 80-130KBs download for the full file, so in my case it works the other way around, the lower the upload bandwidth the faster my download goes and this has been for everything i have downloaded in 5 months, which is a lot of seperate files, not just the odd one or two.

OlegL
12-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Did BCG already exist at that time?

bijoy
12-30-2010, 10:10 AM

thanks for your question after 7 years..
As far as I can remember, bcg existed at that time (don't know when it is stated but from 2004 for sure)..
I'm saying this cause, when I first came to bt, as a kid at the end of 2004, I was a member at bcg, nick was like: d0p78 or something like that...
just can't remember everything correctly.. :unsure:

anon
12-30-2010, 04:12 PM

Cool bump, bro.

As for your question, if I remember correctly, BCG celebrated their 7th birthday some months ago, so... maybe.

bijoy
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
i dont remember which era i belong to anymore

may be, banned users era? :unsure:

stoi
12-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow i clicked this (i am slightly drunk as well) and seen my name there, i thought my account had been hacked lol then seen the date.

BCG started about August 2003 but was not private until 2005/6 (we were like h33t using the BNBT tracker software)

bijoy
01-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Wow i clicked this (i am slightly drunk as well) and seen my name there, i thought my account had been hacked lol then seen the date.

If anyone can hack this account of yours then better be careful, as your bcg account is in danger too. :lol:

anon
01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Are you saying he uses the same password everywhere? :eyebrows:

And with the right amount of work and power, almost every account anywhere can be hijacked. Unfortunately.

dannyyelly
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
how?? brute-force??
it will take long time (well if you know user name time will be reduced and if password is really simple (i think most of 'em are) then it'll be easy)

anon
01-01-2011, 07:39 PM
how?? brute-force??

Correct. I won't give more details for obvious reasons, but there are a bunch of programs that can be used to crack most sites out there, regardless of their protection.

bijoy
01-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Are you saying he uses the same password everywhere? :eyebrows:

And with the right amount of work and power, almost every account anywhere can be hijacked. Unfortunately.

Answer of 1st question: better not be.
2nd line: we are not hackers.. So, hackers will know these better than us. :P