PDA

View Full Version : Where Did My Dvd Go?!

Timz
05-24-2003, 04:03 PM
My computer disabled my DVD-Rom drive. :angry: :angry: <_< <_< When i went to windows explorer, "Add remove Devices" It said that windows was not able to enable the device. The troubleshooter said that it was a problem with "code 22" Does neone know how i can re-enable my drive? <_<

Paul_NFFC
05-24-2003, 04:24 PM
have you disabled it in BIOS? if so just go enable it again..if not then i dunno if a dvd drive uses a driver that you have to download, install to get it working :blink:

Timz
05-24-2003, 04:30 PM
:blink: im using windows XP, when i startup it doesnt tell me how to get into the BIOS page. Which key(s) do i press?

Paul_NFFC
05-24-2003, 04:38 PM
press the DELETE key like 2 or 3 seconds after you switch on your pc (press it when you see the screen flashing up your specs etc)

then go into BIOS, look for your drives and it will say weather theyre enabled,disabled

ck-uk
05-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Its mad these little bugs that just happen...0ne happened to me the
other day i installed an app ,fine the next time i went to my computer
that prog somehow also install another 8 dvd drives in windows .
There annoyin&#39; and some times hard to work out ...anyway i hav&#39;nt got a clue :lol: but u could tri goin&#39; to device manager,right click ur drive>uninstall,reboot ur comp and when windowsrestarts it should automaticly reinstall it (hopefully enabled) :)

device manager>right click>my computer>properties>hardware>
device manger

bios>hold down delete when comp starts to boot

freak
05-25-2003, 07:14 AM
Cosmo what program did you install??? Are u sure u didnt install a program that enable&#39;s phantom drive/virtual drives??? :D :lol:

ck-uk
05-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by freak@25 May 2003 - 08:14
Cosmo what program did you install??? Are u sure u didnt install a program that enable&#39;s phantom drive/virtual drives??? :D :lol:
yeah m8 ..it was the latest version of dvddecrypter..i had a lot of app runnin&#39;while i installed it ..to lazy to shut every thing down first, so that might of bin the cause.I tried every thing to get rid of them,even my backup image was a nogo so in the end i just reinstalled windows :D

freak
05-25-2003, 07:21 PM
:huh: that&#39;s slightly odd?&#33;but sounds like u got it fixed right :D