PDA

View Full Version : QuickPar Alternative

mata7
02-16-2007, 04:40 AM
quickpar don't work on vista, at least for me it don't repair anymore, is there any program like quickpar that work on vista?

thanks

Athlon64
02-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Not sure if this would work or not but since you have no other choice it's worth a shot. :)

If you use Newsleecher 3.9 Beta 1 as your newsreader client you'll be given the ability to check/repair and even extract from the client itself. I'm not sure if Newsleecher works in Vista but still worth a try. :)

mata7
02-16-2007, 06:52 AM
i try it but sometimes thats the job Right, and sometimes not, so i cant relay on newsleecher only, i need something like quickpart for does moments that newsleecher fail, oh and yeah newsleecher work good on vista

thanks for you help

Athlon64
02-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Hmmmm, at least it kinda works. I'm sure once a final release is made all the bugs will be worked out, but until then I'm afraid your out of luck as I can't really think of an alternative to QuickPar. Maybe I'm missing something. Hopefully another person will step in with the answer you need.

geen
02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Are you sure it doenst work with vista ?

http://quickpar.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php4?t=862&highlight=vista+support

I am using windows vista, version RTM, quickpar work fine untill it begins to repair

And its on the list of programs known to work with (v5600)

http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82089

delimare
02-16-2007, 01:10 PM
I've used it a few times already on Vista and it seems to be flawless, so far..... knock on wood :)

asfdlq3i45poi
02-16-2007, 04:42 PM
quickpar don't work on vista, at least for me it don't repair anymore, is there any program like quickpar that work on vista?

thanks

Such blasphemy is intolerable! I have used Quickpar on Vista numerous times, and it has worked flawlessly.

UsenetGuy
02-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I have been using vista for over 3 months now and have used quickpar many times (when I got stuff from my isp's server) and never had a problem.