PDA

View Full Version : Hpj?

Backslash
02-16-2007, 09:19 AM
what's the story on this site? why does no one talk about it? feel free to answer me here or in pm's...

RainRoofer
02-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Hpj ??

bunny67
02-16-2007, 10:57 AM
:wacko:
Hpj ??

Backslash
02-16-2007, 10:59 AM
all i know from a friend of mine on another msg board:'
signups have been closed for years
no invites
had to be a member of the somethingawful.com boards in 04

andrzejek1999
02-16-2007, 12:05 PM
there's nothin at hpj.

walczanin
02-16-2007, 02:41 PM
whats the url of it?

Shadowfire
02-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Oh, you mean the WDMA resurrection? Heh, good luck getting in there. Maybe even harder than UK-T? (If it exists)

andrzejek1999
02-16-2007, 09:23 PM
dudes, who will boder to get an acc there while there is almost no torrents at all.

Shadowfire
02-16-2007, 09:25 PM
You're in Hpj? Can you tell us more about it? (Number of torrents, seeds, leechers, what kinds of torrents, community, other features, etc.)

RainRoofer
02-17-2007, 12:38 AM
URL or full name please.

Shadowfire
02-17-2007, 02:00 AM
hpj.cc, or something like that. It comes off like an image hosting site but supposedly isn't really.

maxpower76
02-17-2007, 03:31 PM
can someone tell us more about hpj

Shadowfire
02-17-2007, 03:57 PM
From what I can gather from various sources, hpj is the resurrection of wdma. Wdma is the tracker offshoot of the somethingawful forums. Somethingawful used to have links to torrents for their users, but they didn't want it associated with them anymore, so they opened up a tracker called WDMA, "Where da moviez at", or "Window and Door Manufacturers Association" to the rest of the world. They closed signups soon after opening and bloomed into a great tracker. However, they were supposedly outed by one of their sysops who got cold feet after a couple months to the FBI, and they completely shutdown after their servers were seized. The sysop/admin/whatever adamantly denied squealing. Now, hpj is supposed to be the reopening of Wdma, supposedly, but it's also supposed to be not a very good tracker. There's a forum about hpj and whole reopening thing ... but I can't remember it.

maxpower76
02-17-2007, 04:10 PM
wow

thanks

it will be nice to have url or screenshot

Shadowfire
02-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Hpj's url is hpj.cc. Don't have screenshot because I'm not in it. I just got all this info from google and whatnot.

maxpower76
02-17-2007, 04:16 PM
thanks for the info, now this will interesting people will start looking for account here.

Shadowfire
02-17-2007, 04:18 PM
You're welcome. Wdma's been talked about here before, just not too much. Hey, if you get it, PM me screenshots. ;)

maxpower76
02-17-2007, 04:25 PM
if i am lucky to get account there :lol:

Backslash
02-17-2007, 06:58 PM
yeah it's the resurrection of wdma. that's what i was told. if no one mentions the tracker here, im pretty sure it's much more rare than sct or ukt

StriderZ
02-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Yeah I actually know of someone who has membership there. It is NOT a bad tracker. It is the fastest tracker that I know of for, at the least, TV shows. The pre-times and initial download speeds there are ridiculous. My friend is able to get a tv release within several minutes of it listing on a release/cap-listing site because he downloads at 2+MB/s... As for other content, I'm not sure as I don't go snooping at my friend's computer XD... And of course, it's impossible to get in.

Backslash
02-18-2007, 06:23 AM
i bet no one here at fst has an account

StriderZ
02-18-2007, 06:26 AM
i bet no one here at fst has an account

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised... my friend never uses any other tracker for anything...

r4cc00n
02-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised... my friend never uses any other tracker for anything...

I might have one soon...

Backslash
02-18-2007, 06:40 AM

I might have one soon...
how?

StriderZ
02-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Magic probably XD

r4cc00n
02-18-2007, 06:44 AM
how?

I am a member of a certain forum which users I know have had Something Awful accounts for at least 4 or 5 years. I'm going to ask them if they know anything about all of this.

StriderZ
02-18-2007, 06:50 AM
It's so hush-hush that if they do, they probably wont' be able to get you in. I've heard that you needed to sign up years ago or else you won't be able to get in even if you're a long time member of SA.

Backslash
02-18-2007, 06:51 AM
i'm sure they have to open signups or have invites at least once. otherwise, the userbase will eventually dwindle down to too few. im sure people get their accounts disabled every now and then

r4cc00n
02-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Yeah I actually know of someone who has membership there. It is NOT a bad tracker. It is the fastest tracker that I know of for, at the least, TV shows. The pre-times and initial download speeds there are ridiculous. My friend is able to get a tv release within several minutes of it listing on a release/cap-listing site because he downloads at 2+MB/s... As for other content, I'm not sure as I don't go snooping at my friend's computer XD... And of course, it's impossible to get in.

Try to obtain more information and possibly some screenshots of the tracker. It shouldn't be too hard, your source is your friend after all.

StriderZ
02-18-2007, 06:53 AM
i'm sure they have to open signups or have invites at least once. otherwise, the userbase will eventually dwindle down to too few. im sure people get their accounts disabled every now and then

I'm not so sure about that... I've asked my friend "how do you get in"... and the basic response is that "You can't". If there were open sign ups once in a while, I think he would've mentioned it to me.... But I could be wrong ;)

StriderZ
02-18-2007, 06:57 AM

Try to obtain more information and possibly some screenshots of the tracker. It shouldn't be too hard, your source is your friend after all.

Yeah my friend who wouldn't tell me anything about it until I did some research and basically figured out what "list" he was looking at. He clicks away everytime I could possibly see his screen. Of course, I can access it when I happen to be near his computer and he happens to not be there... but thats too shady for me.... gosh i hate that word "shady" Hope you have more luck than I do finding out about this site racoon :) But I'll try asking him about the stats and see what happens... I'll also ask how they keep up their userbase if it's so closed...

Backslash
02-18-2007, 06:58 AM

Yeah my friend who wouldn't tell me anything about it until I did some research and basically figured out what "list" he was looking at. He clicks away everytime I could possibly see his screen. Of course, I can access it when I happen to be near his computer and he happens to not be there... but thats too shady for me.... gosh i hate that word "shady" Hope you have more luck than I do finding out about this site racoon :)i was gonna ask the guy i know to give me screenshots but i dont think he'd do it, he's just a guy i know from a message board

r4cc00n
02-18-2007, 06:59 AM
i was gonna ask the guy i know to give me screenshots but i dont think he'd do it, he's just a guy i know from a message board

Tell him/her you'll pay him/her if they do.

gbilly72
02-18-2007, 11:29 AM
I have an account but you guys are making a big deal out of a little thing. Their TV shows still come out after they hit the 0day trackers. And it's closed permanently (no invite system), so there's no use talking about them.

007™
02-18-2007, 02:50 PM
URL: hpj.cc
Predessesor: WDMA aKa Where Da Moviez AT

Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9BhQOTYTIc
Blog: http://hpjdotcc.blogspot.com/ (WDMA/HPJ.CC/SA)

Sentient
02-18-2007, 04:51 PM
I think you guys are overhyping this. You're thinking it's good based on the word of some guy with a 2mbit connection getting some tv shows fast? You'd have trouble distinguishing ScT from mininova on a 2mbit sometimes.

kavalchuk17
02-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Im sure they opened signups (probably emails all the goons) a while back and if they accept, they got in. then whey closed forever. Theres no better way to keep a tracker secret than by closing it forever and therefore making account trading almost nonexistant.

Sentient
02-20-2007, 01:29 AM
Im sure they opened signups (probably emails all the goons) a while back and if they accept, they got in. then whey closed forever. Theres no better way to keep a tracker secret than by closing it forever and therefore making account trading almost nonexistant.

Tbh, also seems like a pretty good way to kill a tracker. They must have some way of refreshing membership, any site would go dormant if it remained closed forever. Have you checked out the rate at which people are disabled for ratio and inactivity on all trackers? It's several per day, on good days. If they are truly permanently closed, they can't be very good, by definition.

kavalchuk17
02-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Look what i found http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=140694 :)

HPJ.CC can fuck off now. Your secret is out - HPJ.CC is the SA linked piracy forum which requires SA membership profile links. Ever want to find out, pull some random profiles look for random numbers in there. I'm no longer a goon after today. I won't say who I am but SA can fuck off. They're insane and they talk out both sides of their mouths.

that was posted a while ago, and im sure they're probably at a different url now, or maybe it doesnt even matter becasue thats not really the site, its just the registration link.

Whatever though, its just a bittorent forum and the same exact stuff comes out everywhere else. its all the same.

Sentient
02-20-2007, 02:15 AM

HPJ.CC can fuck off now. Your secret is out - HPJ.CC is the SA linked piracy forum which requires SA membership profile links. Ever want to find out, pull some random profiles look for random numbers in there. I'm no longer a goon after today. I won't say who I am but SA can fuck off. They're insane and they talk out both sides of their mouths.

that was posted a while ago, and im sure they're probably at a different url now, or maybe it doesnt even matter becasue thats not really the site, its just the registration link.

Whatever though, its just a bittorent forum and the same exact stuff comes out everywhere else. its all the same.

Nice find. Seems like they sell access to new members. Knew they were getting fresh blood somehow.

Now this is a good way to keep a tracker private. How many are going to trade a tracker they paid for?

andrzejek1999
02-20-2007, 05:15 AM
well, just after read some info about this tracker, i must say that it's juts a some forums based tracker,

so what they r closed, they r probably worse than ilovetorrents.com

iNSOMNiA
02-20-2007, 05:57 AM
oh no they're not..they just want to remain private
I think that like many private tracker they don't like advertising

StriderZ
02-20-2007, 12:16 PM

Nice find. Seems like they sell access to new members. Knew they were getting fresh blood somehow.

Now this is a good way to keep a tracker private. How many are going to trade a tracker they paid for?

FYI, they don't have fresh blood. They don't sell access to new members... I don't know how you're getting that from that ebaum's post... It only means that members of SA from a long time ago has access...

cerote
03-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Why would they need to open invites, they have a very close tight group that will never leave because of the chance to get caught is way way down and they also have tons of content and massive speeds. The reason why no one on FsT is coming forward is because they could loose their account.

f@flot
03-29-2007, 04:27 PM
i could imagine the security concern IP'S and changing p/w ..