PDA

View Full Version : ChristianTorrents

r4cc00n
02-17-2007, 05:56 AM
I find it ironic that a tracker named ChristianTorrents is invite only. Does anyone know what I'm getting at? Do I not know what kind of files ChristianTorrents really has or the meaning or integrity behind the tracker?

bigjoe75
02-17-2007, 10:08 AM
It is a religious tracker. Just because it is christian, doesn't mean they're supposed to be perfect. They think of security too.

andrzejek1999
02-17-2007, 01:53 PM
besides it s very medicore tracker.

lordyosi
02-17-2007, 04:24 PM
very cool.

Backslash
02-17-2007, 06:21 PM
i found some good stuff on there. lots of exclusive content. and im atheist

Melvinmeow
02-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Its a pretty good site for christian files. I never had any issues with it.

RainRoofer
02-17-2007, 07:44 PM

then, what you're doing there ? :lol:

Backslash
02-17-2007, 08:06 PM

then, what you're doing there ? :lol:
some decent music that i wouldnt call "christian" and it is possible to study religion being atheist. what, would you think it weird if you saw a white guy studying black history?

nir767676
02-17-2007, 08:51 PM
The fact that it's a christian tracker doesn't mean it shuld be open to all christians or whatever,
They must keep the society there quality like any other self-respecting tracker and invites make that happen

thejosher
02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's ironic at all. There's nothing "unChristian" about invites or whatever. And there are open registrations from time to time.

And it's an excellent tracker (if you're looking for Christian stuff). A LOT of exclusive stuff and if you make a request that's not really really out there you'll probably get it and fast.

I think there's a lot of meaning and integrity. Invites help keep it that way actually.. if anybody could join there'd be no accountability.

(no, I'm not staff.. just a faithful member :P)

necromantic
02-26-2007, 08:30 PM
I agree that the name ChristianTorrents is ironic but for a different reason. Most of the stuff shared through bittorrent is breaking copyright laws, and therefore illegal.

I don't know for sure what is being shared there but I find it funny that a bunch of churchgoers share invites to go "steal" religious content.

Melvinmeow
02-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree that the name ChristianTorrents is ironic but for a different reason. Most of the stuff shared through bittorrent is breaking copyright laws, and therefore illegal.

I don't know for sure what is being shared there but I find it funny that a bunch of churchgoers share invites to go "steal" religious content.

I also find it funny that local Police, FBI agents, MPAA workers, RIAA workers and even government officials can be found downloading off of torrents as well. Funny you mention about the christians. The very people who say its wrong are doing it as well. It says in the Bible to share with your brothers ;)
They could technically say we are obeying the WORD lol

thejosher
02-27-2007, 04:57 PM
It's not stealing. Its copyright infringement at worst.

There's no "Thou shall not download music" commandment :)

Besides, I actually do buy the music I like. I download it, listen to it, and if I like it and see the CD at a good price I buy it. I've bought more Cds since I've started torrenting than my entire CD collection before.

Melvinmeow
02-27-2007, 10:22 PM
It's not stealing. Its copyright infringement at worst.

There's no "Thou shall not download music" commandment :)

Besides, I actually do buy the music I like. I download it, listen to it, and if I like it and see the CD at a good price I buy it. I've bought more Cds since I've started torrenting than my entire CD collection before.

Exactly. The same for me.

Bucktoof
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I love christiantorrents, it's one of my favourite sites.

I think of the sharing more as spreading God's Love hahahaha

mossy123
04-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Can anyone get me an invite to christiantorrents.com? I need one badly!!

Thanks in advance.

puphnugs
04-09-2007, 01:06 AM
"stealing music for jebus"

mossy123
04-09-2007, 01:48 AM
"stealing music for jebus"

Stealing whats that? ;)

Melvinmeow
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Can anyone get me an invite to christiantorrents.com? I need one badly!! My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Not all that good an idea to post your email address in the forums. Anyone could see this and then know who invited you with a simple search on their site.

Plus your supposed to ask for invites in the proper forums.

angryghost
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
yea they need to keep the "non-christians" out so through invite-only, when you get invited in you must sing a well known worship song through skype and prove you are worthy of entry into the community :P

Salamander15
04-09-2007, 04:11 PM
yea they need to keep the "non-christians" out so through invite-only, when you get invited in you must sing a well known worship song through skype and prove you are worthy of entry into the community Now that's just silly.
I agree that the name ChristianTorrents is ironic but for a different reason. Most of the stuff shared through bittorrent is breaking copyright laws, and therefore illegal. I don't know for sure what is being shared there but I find it funny that a bunch of churchgoers share invites to go "steal" religious content. It's not stealing in the Biblical sense, and it helps spread the Word. Similar to smuggling Bibles in countries where religion is banned. Some quotes from CT's forum regarding this:
(c) Stealing is by biblical (and legal) definition to take physical property from someone, so that the rightful owner loses his physical property. Breaking copyright laws is therefore not stealing; not by biblical, technical or legal definition. To say that the seventh commandment (yes, it is the seventh) includes copyright, that is to take the commandment right out of its context.
Second, unauthorized duplication does not automatically make anyone lose money. It is just what it is: unauthorized duplication. Nothing more, nothing less. If someone takes a picture of my garden, that does not make me lose money; I would not have gotten paid if the picture was not taken, so I suffer no loss.

mossy123
04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Not all that good an idea to post your email address in the forums. Anyone could see this and then know who invited you with a simple search on their site.

Plus your supposed to ask for invites in the proper forums.[/quote]

I agree with you so I edited my message and removed my email.

Bucktoof
04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
@demos30

Just give it some time and you'll be a part of the invite trading forum - it's worth the wait, trust me :)

Christiandl
04-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Heh, just see what you can find here:
http://www.christiandl.com
And if this is too difficult for you, then check here:
http://www.tehorng.com

God bless you all,
Christiandl

jaqozo
04-16-2007, 11:48 PM
the one who can`t signup to christiantorrents may try islamictorrents.net , it's open. the god is the same i guess :D