PDA

View Full Version : Audio Stream Selector Codec Needed

ako23
05-25-2003, 12:06 AM
I've got a few vob files with multiple ac3 audio streams, but media player classic only plays one stream, while PowerDVD plays the other. I'm using the SPDIF port on my sound card, which connects to a reciever with Dolby Digital output. I've just downloaded Elecard MPEG2 Player, which installed the Moonlight Odio Dekoda. While this now enables me to select the audio tracks in mplayerc, it has a few caveats. First, the player expires in 21 days, and I think the codecs go with it. Also, when any of the Elecard-provided codecs are enabled, there is a small logo in the upper-right of every video I play. Is there a freeware audio switcher available? I have Morgan Stream Switcher installed, but it doesn't seem to work at all.

Thanks in advance :)

VB
05-25-2003, 05:18 PM
If you are playing vob files, then PowerDVD should be able to select each audio track.

Normal (non DVD decoder) players aren't able to select from multiple tracks in a vob file I think.

Benno
05-25-2003, 06:00 PM
If you have the .vob files you can play it like the original DVD, that means you should be able to go to a menu where you select the language. Like on a standalone DVD player.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :P

ako23
05-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Thanks, I'll try those out :)

Update: Installed ffdshow, then a few other codec packs, and suddenly now I can switch tracks in mplayerc.
I'm not sure what I did, but it works now. :D

ako23
05-26-2003, 03:39 AM
Here's what I did:

1. Installed AC3Filter
2. Installed Media Player Classic
3. Enabled the built-in audio switcher filter in Media Player Classic options menu
4. Set audio to waveout instead of directsound for audio output in Media Player Classic options menu
5. Listened to AC3 via spdif, with the ability to select multiple audio tracks

Went through many a setting, but it finally works. B)