PDA

View Full Version : Wont burn dvd-r?

Smith
02-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Ive just tried ripping and burning a dvd..except it wont burn. Ive done this many times before using the same dvd's but this time when I try to burn the iso it says that its the wrong kind.

it says i can use these:DVD+r/RW, dvd-r/rw. dvd ram, dvd-r dl and dvd+r dl.

wtf is going on?

accat13
02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Are they the exact same dvd's....Did you just open a new package...There can be more than one manufacturer of a brand of dvd's ex. Sony sometimes also manufactured by Taiyo-yuden....Other thoughts did you update any drivers recently..Had some major problems with jmicron controller driver myself.Could also be time for a firmware upgrade on the dvdrw drive..Just some quick thoughts and ideas :)

Virtualbody1234
02-19-2007, 02:08 PM
What's the media code of those DVD-Rs? Are they really the same?

What software are you burning with?

What is the make/model of the burner? Firmware revision?

Smith
02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Im using Memorex DVD-R's, Ive used these before so I dont know what the problem is.

I've tried using DVD Decrypter AND Nero 7, get the same error with both.

I have a LG burner, not sure what the firmware version is.

Smith
02-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, it seems the problem sorted itself out. Its working now...What would cause this retardation?

Virtualbody1234
02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Retardation?

That's not the media code.
Check in Nero with Nero Infotool. Click on the 'Disc' tab. Look for Maufacturer ID.
For example, I just checked a Memorex 16X DVD+R and it shows as RICOHJPN R03.

LG has made many models of burners. Which one is yours?

Smith
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
My burner is a gsa-h10e

These disks im using are dvd-r's thats all it says. no serial number or anything like that, my nero likes to crash when i try anything but smart start. but dvd decrypter is giving me shit too.. Its doing it again..its random..

e/ i put another disc in and now its working. is it possibly i have a defective batch?