PDA

View Full Version : Team ICO & PS3...

spidey99
02-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Team ICO (developer of shadow of the colossus and ico) announced that they are working on a new game for ps3.Who knows maybe a new adventure of ico.whatever it is, i'm sure it will be a state of art.

Guyver
02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
ok

mr. nails
02-19-2007, 09:34 PM
ico was GREAT! sure would like another. really enjoyed that 1. can't believe i even liked it. after all, there is 1 dialog scene at the end of the game, 1 weapon, and only 1 enemy, but dammit they pulled it off. shoulda just named the game "1". must play for any adventurer gamer. can be had for like $10.

SnnY
02-20-2007, 12:30 AM
To me Ico and Colossus aren't really great games, gamely-wise. They're more like pieces of art. They're just a bit special.

mr. nails
02-20-2007, 03:12 AM
i have yet to play shadow of the colossus. it's worth looking in to? what's it about?

Busyman™
02-20-2007, 04:15 AM
i have yet to play shadow of the colossus. it's worth looking in to? what's it about?

bGaw5TXb244

mr. nails
02-20-2007, 08:22 AM
ok, sold! only watched the first 5 mins of this 2hour spanish movie, but it looks bad ass. i'll run to frys tomarrow and pick it up. $20.

Busyman™
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
ok, sold! only watched the first 5 mins of this 2hour spanish movie, but it looks bad ass. i'll run to frys tomarrow and pick it up. $20.

Yeah It's not the best game in world but it's easily worth $20.

It's only about killing colossi and nothing more. It's one of those ageless games for the collection.

Imagine that game on a next-gen system.

spidey99
02-20-2007, 03:36 PM
SoC is not only about killing huge creatures but also about an interestin boy; ico.the boy we control in SoC is the same person in the previous game ICO.It's story is very impressing.Also the game has excellent graphics.The designs of colossis are brilliant and i wonder how could Team ICO devoloped such good fur designs.i recommend these two games to everyone who has a ps2.You mustn't miss them.

mike45450
02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
SoC is not only about killing huge creatures but also about an interestin boy; ico.the boy we control in SoC is the same person in the previous game ICO.It's story is very impressing.Also the game has excellent graphics.The designs of colossis are brilliant and i wonder how could Team ICO devoloped such good fur designs.i recommend these two games to everyone who has a ps2.You mustn't miss them.

Actually it's not. Ico's main character is Ico (duh). SoC's is a guy called Wander

spidey99
02-20-2007, 09:34 PM

Actually it's not. Ico's main character is Ico (duh). SoC's is a guy called Wander

are you sure about it???If so, there shall be relation with these two.You know, horns.And who knows 3rd game maybe about this relation;)

spidey99
02-20-2007, 09:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ico#Shadow_of_the_Colossus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Colossus#Connections_to_Ico

and

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70286-0.html?tw=rss.culture <<a discussion with Fumito Ueda about these games.

Busyman™
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM

are you sure about it???If so, there shall be relation with these two.You know, horns.And who knows 3rd game maybe about this relation;)

Shadow Of The Colossus has nothing to do with Ico.

Maybe a connection will be made in another game.

spidey99
02-20-2007, 10:41 PM
yeah i know and meant the exactly same thing with you but in the links that i've given above designer of the game mentions sthng about their relation.

colt45joe
02-21-2007, 12:33 AM
in the links that i've given above designer of the game mentions sthng about their relation.

yea there is a relation.. but it isnt really a big deal.

tacoflavakiss
02-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Sounds cool, but i don't got no PS3 just a Wii and 360

spidey99
02-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Sounds cool, but i don't got no PS3 just a Wii and 360

in fact this game will be released within 3 years so you may get oneyill that day as the prices will be dropped.

Melchior00
03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Amezong news! they are genius!! Innovative, arty.. Another *arty oriented* game devs studio it remind me was Delphin Software.. with titles like Out of this world and Flashback: The Quest for Identity.

Melchior00
03-06-2007, 05:26 PM

You didn't completed SoC, did you ?

At the end, the main character gets wild by having collected every colossus spirits. Then, he somewhat reborn like in Kubrick's film : 2001 : a space odyssey. If you look carefully the baby head, you will see horns. Wich is a *big* relation with Ico I think.

3RA1N1AC
03-07-2007, 10:37 AM

there's no obvious connection in the two games' plots, but shadow of the colossus was originally titled "nico" while it was being developed...

Busyman™
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM

there's no obvious connection in the two games' plots, but shadow of the colossus was originally titled "nico" while it was being developed...

Yeah it can be said it is in the same universe but that's about it.

I heard that the creator will try to "create" a connection with the next game but initially it was said that there was no connection between the two.