PDA

View Full Version : SCT Help!!

Vakill
02-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Would SCT ban u if u change ur email and password?

gamer4eva
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
They shouldnt.....

Vakill
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
What if u got in a trade... and then would they ban u...

Panther
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
but they might if its done at the same time as the ip changes...

Vakill
02-19-2007, 09:25 PM
but they might if its done at the same time as the ip changes...

So, what should i do?

Vakill
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I need to know please...its really urgent...

Sentient
02-19-2007, 09:36 PM
No. Once the other guy didn't confirm the email change and they manually changed it for me. I don't know why staff there has such a bad rep, to me they've always been extremely helpful, above and beyond most sites. They don't like putting up with newbies maybe, but they're very knowlegable and capable.

0Ri0N
02-19-2007, 09:36 PM
ask for acc+email

Vakill
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
No. Once the other guy didn't confirm the email change and they manually changed it for me. I don't know why staff there has such a bad rep, to me they've always been extremely helpful, above and beyond most sites. They don't like putting up with newbies maybe, but they're very knowlegable and capable.

So they won't ban me if i change my password and email the same time of ip change?

Panther
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
pm me back Vakill

phoenixfire
02-19-2007, 09:46 PM
No. Once the other guy didn't confirm the email change and they manually changed it for me. I don't know why staff there has such a bad rep, to me they've always been extremely helpful, above and beyond most sites. They don't like putting up with newbies maybe, but they're very knowlegable and capable.BULLSHIT all the way. ScT staff is a fucking disgrace to humanity.:angry:

And how did they manually change your address. I asked iYoda to do the same thing for me one time and he said he couldn't do it.:dabs:

Anyways they shouldn't ban you for it. I traded for sct and they did nothing.

Vakill
02-19-2007, 09:47 PM

The other person has to confirm the email change??, it says u have to change it from ur new address, not ur old?

phoenixfire
02-19-2007, 09:47 PM

The other person has to confirm the email change??, it says u have to change it from ur new address, not ur old?

You do it from both.

Vakill
02-19-2007, 10:05 PM
What happens when the other person confirms to change the email?

phoenixfire
02-19-2007, 10:27 PM

Then an email is sent to the new address and you have to click it in order for the email to change. It's the ultimate scam-proof registration that's why I like it so much.:)

Vakill
02-19-2007, 11:00 PM

Then an email is sent to the new address and you have to click it in order for the email to change. It's the ultimate scam-proof registration that's why I like it so much.:)

The person, has confirmed the change of email, but i havent got the email to confirm it, i have been waiting for almost half an hour...

walczanin
02-19-2007, 11:29 PM
i told ya guys its not safe anymore
they are disabling that kind of accounts within 7 days

Sentient
02-20-2007, 12:11 AM
No. Once the other guy didn't confirm the email change and they manually changed it for me. I don't know why staff there has such a bad rep, to me they've always been extremely helpful, above and beyond most sites. They don't like putting up with newbies maybe, but they're very knowlegable and capable.BULLSHIT all the way. ScT staff is a fucking disgrace to humanity.:angry:

And how did they manually change your address. I asked iYoda to do the same thing for me one time and he said he couldn't do it.:dabs:

Anyways they shouldn't ban you for it. I traded for sct and they did nothing.

You have to talk to Teh Coder.

How is it scam proof? If anything, it makes it easier to scam. I would have gotten scammed. As soon as I got my change email confirmation email, I sent him my accounts, not realizing he had to confirm too , and then he changed the password on the sct. It took a lot of sweet talking to get the admin to change the email to mine. It helped the guy I was getting it from had donated I think.

Some of the staff is rude, but I maintain you only get banned these days if you're an idiot. I think the ultra-private trackers are a little more hesitant to ban now, because as torrenting grows more popular, they're can't be sure what kind of scum you might be replaced with.

Edit: Best of luck, Vahill, the server can be slow sometimes.

r4cc00n
02-20-2007, 12:46 AM
You have to talk to Teh Coder.

If you're not a friend of djGrr, he/she doesn't PM you back.

Some of the staff is rude, but I maintain you only get banned these days if you're an idiot.

You do have to be an idiot for you to be banned. Getting your account disabled on the other hand happens quite frequently. Some of the members of Firstline Support are comptent, but most of the staff there are either teenagers or elitists.

Sentient
02-20-2007, 01:37 AM
If you're not a friend of djGrr, he/she doesn't PM you back.

Some of the staff is rude, but I maintain you only get banned these days if you're an idiot.

You do have to be an idiot for you to be banned. Getting your account disabled on the other hand happens quite frequently. Some of the members of Firstline Support are comptent, but most of the staff there are either teenagers or elitists.

Fortunately they've adopted the novel concept of a support channel, where you can contact his friends, who will contact him. Look, I def. got really lucky, but he could have told me to go to hell, most admins would have, and he didn't.

I guess it used to be easy to lose your account there, but lately I've seen a lot of people do and say things that would get them banned pretty quickly on other trackers, remain on the site. That, and I believe that they're only giving invites to people with 500gb (maybe 1 tb) or more up these days, so they can't be all that many in circulation, and yet the site remains at capacity pretty much all the time. FTN limited invites to people with just 200gb up just a month ago, and their membership has already dropped by 250 members (on a tracker of only 5000)

r0uJe
02-20-2007, 01:24 PM
That, and I believe that they're only giving invites to people with 500gb (maybe 1 tb) or more up these days, so they can't be all that many in circulation, and yet the site remains at capacity pretty much all the time.

it's cause Uploaders and (some) VIPs have all the invites! illogic hands them out constantly or if you ask him (again, for the 2 classes above only).

Sentient
02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
That, and I believe that they're only giving invites to people with 500gb (maybe 1 tb) or more up these days, so they can't be all that many in circulation, and yet the site remains at capacity pretty much all the time.

it's cause Uploaders and (some) VIPs have all the invites! illogic hands them out constantly or if you ask him (again, for the 2 classes above only).

Yea but how many uploaders and VIPs can there be? Another data point, on a site of 12000, there are only about 25 unconfirmed users at any time. Bitmetv, with just double the number of people, has more than 10 times the number of unconfirmed users.

prima1
02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
what other sites you should ask for acc+mail on?

gino77
02-20-2007, 09:35 PM
that's for sure to take Acc+Email