PDA

View Full Version : Trading Guidelines--Elite Sites

bcpnikhil
02-19-2007, 09:49 PM
For elite sites such as ftn, sct, fsc, etc., why not change your email address right now to a secondary mail just for trading, and then trade away both a mail addy and account? I doubt it would be too risky to change a mail address while preserving the same ip and pass.

just my thoughts.

Chi Pheo
02-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Well, you can try that and let us know how is going. :)

bcpnikhil
02-19-2007, 10:01 PM
lol. i wish i could try it, but i'm not at a cool enough site that cares enough about these changes.

vipdiablo
02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, you can try that and let us know how is going. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/smile.gif

Niteghost
02-19-2007, 10:16 PM
For elite sites such as ftn, sct, fsc, etc., why not change your email address right now to a secondary mail just for trading, and then trade away both a mail addy and account? I doubt it would be too risky to change a mail address while preserving the same ip and pass.

just my thoughts.

I think there is "More" to it than just changing IP or Email addy, I think our Beloved Wildbytes has alluded to the fact that, they can put in some sort of a Script to "Detect" changes, I am NOT sure what the hell he was talking about, I am NOT Javascript expert, was just reading some of his Cultured Comments:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

ghurka
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
They will know which country you are from through your IP - if one day its Norway and the next days its Egypt then that's a dead giveaway.

DefX
02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
They will know which country you are from through your IP - if one day its Norway and the next days its Egypt then that's a dead giveaway.

But that hasnt always been an automatic account ban. Ive traded elite trackers with people from different countries and ive had about a 99% success rate.

bcpnikhil
02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
I mean, that's just a matter of discussing with the trader that you'll only trade within your country on these hardcore sites.

wildbytes
02-19-2007, 10:48 PM

this is pretty much right... there is more to it but is right...

I know 4 sites including us that log more then just email changes. Cant speak for others but, when you change your password it lets us know and is logged. Then its up to staff to check the account and see if it was stolen, traded or what ever.

We have over 300 accounts left to check just based on password changes. But we will get there...

I mean, that's just a matter of discussing with the trader that you'll only trade within your country on these hardcore sites.

if you think trading with in your own country will help well, not really.. All depends on how much time staff of these sites want to spend tracking it... But would help your case.

Trading accounts now are just risky.... Its up to you to take the chance or not.

Wild

marksman
02-19-2007, 10:50 PM

I know 4 sites including use that log more then just email changes. Cant speak for others but, when you change your password it lets us know and is logged. Then its up to staff to check the account and see if it was stolen, traded or what ever.

We have over 300 accounts left to check just based on password changes. But we will get there...

Trading accounts now are just risky.... Its up to you to take the chance or not.

Wild

you just love doing that dont u :D

walczanin
02-19-2007, 11:02 PM
I think there is "More" to it than just changing IP or Email addy, I think our Beloved Wildbytes has alluded to the fact that, they can put in some sort of a Script to "Detect" changes, I am NOT sure what the hell he was talking about, I am NOT Javascript expert, was just reading some of his Cultured Comments:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

its getting scarry now:ph34r:

wildbytes
02-19-2007, 11:09 PM

I know 4 sites including use that log more then just email changes. Cant speak for others but, when you change your password it lets us know and is logged. Then its up to staff to check the account and see if it was stolen, traded or what ever.

Wild

you just love doing that dont u :D

Not really just stating some facts...

Some say java scripting... well that has nothing to do with it... they log it as soon as you hit the submit or ok icon in your profile..... there is a script there that will log and insert into database...

Wild

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 01:14 AM
And Wild, we know you're on top of things, so we resist trading WB accounts. Besides, the only account i really want to trade for is HDBits, and that's because they've locked down the site.

BTW Wild, when're you offering invites to WB again? I just made PU in one site, and i'm about to make PU in 2 others, so I might finally qualify for one.

stets619
02-21-2007, 01:33 AM
I often forget my passwords and need to recover them, looks like I'll have to be more careful and look for something that can save them for me so I don't forget and lose them:o

0Ri0N
02-21-2007, 01:37 AM
I often forget my passwords and need to recover them, looks like I'll have to be more careful and look for something that can save them for me so I don't forget and lose them:o

Firefox saves Usernames/passwords.
If you are looking for a application, check Roboform.

Niteghost
02-21-2007, 01:43 AM

Firefox saves Usernames/passwords.
If you are looking for a application, check Roboform.

Yep, excellent program Al roboform, U can Delete all the Cookies in Firefox, and the moment U enter a site, roboform will prompt U to fill in form and everything is sored in the "Passcard", in the c;/Program /Siber/al roboform

stets619
02-21-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks:) I used Firefox for a bit to save passwords but found it unreliable sometimes, will check out Roboform:)

magicrabbit
02-21-2007, 08:16 AM

I know 4 sites including us that log more then just email changes. Cant speak for others but, when you change your password it lets us know and is logged. Then its up to staff to check the account and see if it was stolen, traded or what ever.

if you think trading with in your own country will help well, not really.. All depends on how much time staff of these sites want to spend tracking it... But would help your case.

Wild

You're really like a cop around here WildBytes. Always jumping in to make us all nervous that we'll be caught. You're chipping away at us from the inside