PDA

View Full Version : SCT vs FTN vs TBits vs ET

Leecher101
02-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Ok, I know the original Torrentbits and EliteTorrents are long gone, but for those that remember them, how would they compare to today?

I know what I think is better but I want to see other opinions.

P.S. - I was going to make a pole but I'm more familiar with phpbb forums.

NYGiants
02-19-2007, 10:18 PM
i am curious to what people think about this as i never had the chance to b part of the original Torrentbits and EliteTorrents

DefX
02-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Id take torrentit over all of them.

although i was never a member of tbits and et.

phoenixfire
02-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I wasn't here for torrentit. :(

LinkS v2.0
02-19-2007, 10:29 PM
torrentit

Leecher101
02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
I was apart of TorrentIt also, but IMO ET and Tbits was better.

DefX
02-19-2007, 10:41 PM
I was apart of TorrentIt also, but IMO ET and Tbits was better.

how were they better?

more speed/seeder? content?

Ne'tu
02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Does anyone have some screens of ET and TorrentIt? :D

Leecher101
02-19-2007, 10:55 PM
This has been awhile ago, but I'm pretty damn sure ET was alot bigger than TorrentIt and the top trackers today. I had 10mbit up/down then and it maxed out on everything but that's not saying much when you compare to sct speeds. Content wise, ET and Tbits had everything I could ever remember (for it's time) and was fast to deliver.

For the hell of it:
Here's a Pic of ET a day or two before the raid.
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/4938/etta2.jpg

magister
02-19-2007, 11:07 PM
ET was the best at that time

bankus123
02-19-2007, 11:08 PM
et be the best tracker ever have everything you need great speed hehe
old tbits be great too but only max 7 days old torrents
torrentit be nice too many movies uploaded with users

andrzejek1999
02-19-2007, 11:29 PM
dudes,

those trackers were great back then, but even if we comapre it to today best sites they r not so great anymore.

i was a member at torrentbits, elitetorrents and torrentit and now i'm member at some quite decent trackers ( no top ones ), and actually they r better than those busted trackers.

we can only wonder how great they'd be now... heh

but if i had to choose only one it'd be TiT - that site was just unique, enaugh to say !

Shadowfire
02-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Why was TiT so unique? Does anyone have any screenshots of it, by any chance?

DefX
02-20-2007, 12:02 AM
i was a member at torrentbits, elitetorrents and torrentit and now i'm member at some quite decent trackers ( no top ones ), and actually they r better than those busted trackers.

we can only wonder how great they'd be now... heh

Well thats your opinion and one i dont share with. I can only think of no more than 2 trackers now that are better than TiT IMO.

andrzejek1999
02-20-2007, 12:09 AM
yes, but generally TiT is no longer, while other trackers r, and that's the most important.

DefX
02-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Why was TiT so unique? Does anyone have any screenshots of it, by any chance?

I was only there for about 2 months b4 they went down. From that, i can tell you that the speeds i got is comparable to the speeds i get from the top trackers of today. Too bad i dont have a screenshot to show you about their content. I'm not sure if they allowed user upload which may explain why some people thought of it as unique.

Sentient
02-20-2007, 12:26 AM
ET was pay to leech? Whoulda thunk it? Although I guess 20gigs for $20 might be small enough to be considered just a gesture of thanks.

r4cc00n
02-20-2007, 12:36 AM
For the hell of it:
Here's a Pic of ET a day or two before the raid.
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/4938/etta2.jpg

Oh my god, SithLord was an uploader for EliteTorrents!

EliteTorrents, TorrentIt, TorrentBits, PreTorrents (pre-ScT), and the early TorrentBytes were all the best trackers back then.

andrzejek1999
02-20-2007, 12:43 AM
the same SithLord aka *********** who got scene banned litttle more than 1 year ago ?

r4cc00n
02-20-2007, 12:48 AM
the same SithLord aka *********** who got scene banned litttle more than 1 year ago ?

SithLord, Feeling, maVen... whatever alias they're using now, yes.

andrzejek1999
02-20-2007, 12:52 AM
well, but still as a mVn grp they rock !

Shadowfire
02-20-2007, 12:56 AM

SithLord, Feeling, maVen... whatever alias they're using now, yes.

What's the story behind all of this?

r4cc00n
02-20-2007, 12:58 AM
What's the story behind all of this?

I don't remember. If you ask someone that has an ScT account, they should know.

Sentient
02-20-2007, 01:53 AM
I don't know how they caught him, but they found out that ScT's admin (and several other major uploaders) had access on several topsites and banned him. ScT was specifically targeted because at that time it had much faster pre's over more content than any other site. He still has access to good dumps as far as I can tell, but ScT's pretimes never recovered.

If you're really curious, I think googling turns up some nfo's.

phoenixfire
02-20-2007, 02:23 AM
So the guy had connections...why did they ban him for that? :huh:

Shadowfire
02-20-2007, 02:28 AM
Well they ban anyone who outs their files to various places, like torrents, especially when their uploaded so fast after pre.

maxpower76
02-20-2007, 02:29 AM
yah we need to know more

TaLeNDiL
02-20-2007, 02:37 AM
cant compare to now but et was the definately the best at that time.. they made tv seasons section a couple days before down..
and tbits was very very better than now's tb

andrzejek1999
02-20-2007, 02:45 AM
well, i can tell u also , that beyond the uploaders htere, there were a few scene spys, so they take the opportunity that at the beggining the uploaders were quite talkaktive, and thought they can exchange their's some secrets about the topsites they r on ect...

now there r no chatting about these subjects at all at uploaders's channel.

Ultramorpg
02-20-2007, 02:49 AM
ET was absolutely great, I was really sad when it got shut down. If it where alive now, I would definitely not trade it for ScT, FTN or whatever!

Sentient
02-20-2007, 03:04 AM
Yep, I heard rumors of spies. ScT insists it wasn't hacked, so that's really the only remaining possibility. Also Sithlord/maven had spread a lot of ill will among a large portion of the membership, someone may have hated him enough to rat him out. He was even forced to step down from staff for a while. Shortly after the scenebans were handed down, a large group of sct staff, including several high ranking members, and uploaders left. A few them started ftn together, and several more uploaders followed.

DV8type
02-20-2007, 03:23 AM
<< ahhh, those were the days....both ET and TiT a great nostalgic feeling for me....both GREAT places. ET was one of my first trackers....and it was nice...back then you only had to go to ET to get what you needed.....

-TiT was my first community tracker, they had great staff and active forums....great design, great speed, great pretimes, lots of seeders/leechers....

>> since then there seems to be a shift toward smaller more specialized sites, like ScT & FtN. Which are great in there own respect....

phoenixfire
02-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Yep, I heard rumors of spies. ScT insists it wasn't hacked, so that's really the only remaining possibility. Also Sithlord/maven had spread a lot of ill will among a large portion of the membership, someone may have hated him enough to rat him out. He was even forced to step down from staff for a while. Shortly after the scenebans were handed down, a large group of sct staff, including several high ranking members, and uploaders left. A few them started ftn together, and several more uploaders followed.Oh so that's why ftn seems to hate on sct all the time.

Sentient
02-20-2007, 03:45 AM
<< ahhh, those were the days....both ET and TiT a great nostalgic feeling for me....both GREAT places. ET was one of my first trackers....and it was nice...back then you only had to go to ET to get what you needed.....

-TiT was my first community tracker, they had great staff and active forums....great design, great speed, great pretimes, lots of seeders/leechers....

>> since then there seems to be a shift toward smaller more specialized sites, like ScT & FtN. Which are great in there own respect....

ET sounds like it was great. Of course I was living on campus enjoying i2hub at the time, so I'm not that jealous :)

andrzejek1999
02-20-2007, 03:51 AM
do u know, that there was a secret forum at ET, where aproved members were free talking about scene ftps and similar subjects.

N@LiM
02-20-2007, 03:57 AM
ET was my first torrent tracker and it was really very gr8.. I would rate it above all of today's trackers.
But then it is gone forever and so we must be happy with whatever that remains as of now...

Shadowfire
02-20-2007, 04:00 AM
How hard was ET/TiT to get into? How could it have been ranked on the current tracker rarity scale?

r4cc00n
02-20-2007, 04:10 AM
He was even forced to step down from staff for a while. Shortly after the scenebans were handed down, a large group of sct staff, including several high ranking members, and uploaders left. A few them started ftn together, and several more uploaders followed.

That, I remember.

Some of the older uploaders are still on ScT, it's just that their profiles are hidden (like Chriz's). A lot of the ex-ScT uploaders (young and old) started their own, really underground tracker, called MyBytes. MyBytes is dead now, but you could find almost any ScT uploader in their history on that tracker.

andrzejek1999
02-20-2007, 04:18 AM
indeed, mybytes got great logo.

Sentient
02-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Yea, at the end of the day, I think a lot of the drama is manufactured. It was hilarious in the ftn channel the other day, some people were asking a longtime sct upper why he left sct. Meanwhile, he was talking under his sct name in the sct channel at that very moment.

If you're on ScT and like these soap operas, find the the thread titled "Please read if you care about ScT"

Shadowfire
02-20-2007, 05:56 AM
I have time to kill and I'm curious, so why not. That's a really long thread ... :unsure: 1st page down, a lot more to go ...

corey-
02-20-2007, 06:57 AM
If you're on ScT and like these soap operas, find the the thread titled "Please read if you care about ScT"

that is a funny thread

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I liked ET and tbits. Im not a member of the other two so I cant compare them. Im a member of tbytes and it seems to be that same as tbits was. I dont pay attention to all of it because I dont care who gets stuff the fastest, just as long as I get it eventually :D

dkra2004
02-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Loved em all ..... miss them ssssssoooooo much ... TiT was King - bust a gut to keep 1.0 ratio then ... gone ... ah well

r0uJe
02-20-2007, 01:00 PM
ET would pwn all trackers! a LOT of the admins on the big trackers nowadays (ScT, Ft.N, etc.) all came from ET (or was Uploaders) there. we had like 15-20 Uploaders and all of us had legit scene axx!

these days, it's just a bunch of kids with seedboxes with so-called "scene axx" (when in fact all they have are dumpsites)...

i miss those good 'ol days... :(

lukaz
02-20-2007, 01:03 PM
The original TB was the best all the rest are just clones of that great site.

Wonder what ever happened to redbeard?

marksman
02-20-2007, 05:38 PM
ofcourse no doubt its the all original TB,i loveddd it really!..it was like no other!OH tb..the old days :)

Aviran
02-20-2007, 06:34 PM
ET was the best in that time now its ofcourse SCT

HypnoToad
02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
TorrentIT for the community, the scene and non-scene torrents, the friendly staff, the gorgeous, unique layout and design.

Ne'tu
02-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Any screens of TorrentIT? Just curious of the layout.

DefX
02-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Any screens of TorrentIT? Just curious of the layout.

I wish someone would post one too. But take it from me, they had a gorgeous layout. Probably the best among all private bt sites. They had that pirate theme going on.

andrzejek1999
02-21-2007, 12:48 AM
indeed, the layout of the site was awesome, the best,
and the forum was just great. full of great people,

but enaugh to say, the more i'm thinking about tit, the more i miss it.