PDA

View Full Version : Help.. Got a virus ...

Rizindon
02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
i tink ive gt sum sort of virus on my pc... i run windows xp pro ... windows firewall and windows defender.

the problem is everytime im chattin on windows live messenger my converstaion box will just disappear and i can see the box nemre.. and wen i click the name in the main window agen it wnt cum up... until i restart messenger.. also wen i reopen that conv box its gt a load messages sayin :

Your*browser*doesnt*support*Valentine*Plugin*download*the*card*manual: http://www.stfup.eu/valentine_card.zip

i tried to install avg but as soon as it opens it closes.. like sumthin stoppin it openin... and wen i try to search for virus checkers or nethin the word virus etc the IE wil close itself ? plz help wat can i do to remove it ??

erRor67
02-21-2007, 06:13 AM
You can different antivirus programs and see if they can run. (Avast! Home Edition, Antivir Personal, AVG Free, Bitdefender Free and ClamWin are all free)

You can try use Firefox and hopefully it doesnt get shutdown.

You can run HijackThis and see if you can disable the virus from starting at startup (becareful with hijackthis, you can screw up your computer even more if you dont know what you are doing).

Erm, you can just backup all you files onto a cd or something and just reformat the computer.