PDA

View Full Version : the path to ftn/sct?

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 02:12 AM
I would love to get access to either one of these sites. Too bad I'm just a noob without much to offer.

i have a tl and tb account (pu on tb), and x264 invites.

just as a hypothetical, what would be the best way for me to get an ftn/sct account, using those three trackers.

i'm sure many have done this before (i mean, you have to start somewhere to work your way up). so more experienced ones, outline the paths you took, and which path you think i could take.

thanks.

ToothFairy
02-21-2007, 02:17 AM
First, you need to change your avatar..

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 02:18 AM
never! dexter is my hero.

bunny67
02-21-2007, 02:18 AM
and not put up stupid posts about killing rabbits:angry:

phoenixfire
02-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Hey bcpnikhil, lets go shoot some rabbits. I need some for my rabbit soup. :)

aburyach
02-21-2007, 02:23 AM
The only legitimate way to get to the top is by a system of "up-trading"; that is, you slowly trade for better and better trackers. You also keep an eye out for giveaways and when trackers are open signups (ie, pisexy and iplay recently)

Here is a basic outline of the "progression" to ScT/FTN:

TL ---> OiNK --->BitME--->BitmeTV--->PT--->NB/swedvdr--->exigo/FB--->ScT/FTN

torrents4life
02-21-2007, 02:24 AM
most of the people on here are pretty stingy about giving away sites of value, but honestly that is your best way to start. your best bet is to score a free level 4 account - then become poweruser on that site and the account becomes far more valuable. you might be able to trade it for a 4.5 and maybe a new account on a level 4 tracker. keep building up your accounts with huge buffers and get invites. then IF YOURE LUCKY you will get sct. ftn is a bit easier to get. :) but the thing most people underestimate is luck - you def. have to get lucky somewhere down the line.

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Hey bcpnikhil, lets go shoot some rabbits. I need some for my rabbit soup. :)

already been cooked. it was delicious ;-)

is iplay even worth anything anymore?

i have a bitmetv account. now i just need to build a buffer.

getting a free level 4 invite is ridiculously hard :-(

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 02:30 AM

oh i didn't realize you love bunnies so much.

i do too..

..in my soup.

lol jk. the funny part is that i'm vegetarian.

StriderZ
02-21-2007, 02:32 AM
Yes, thats why it's called luck! :-D... I made an almost identical thread to this a couple of weeks ago. Aburyach gave me the same suggestion and I'm already near the top of the ladder thanx to many generous people :-)

aburyach
02-21-2007, 02:35 AM
getting a free level 4 invite is ridiculously hard :-(

I gave a level 4 for free yesterday, you may have seen the thread :D

Ultramorpg
02-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Is it really necessary to enter ScT? If you have SCC (crazy pre-times), oink (the best for music), BitmeTV (great for tv episodes), TL (movies/packs) and KG (rare films) wouldn't it be also BETTER than ScT? And those trackers are fairly easy to obtain

torrents4life
02-21-2007, 02:43 AM
ultramorpg, in a word: yes, you are correct. but you're so much cooler if you have sct. lol

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 02:48 AM
Yeah i saw your thread aburyach. I slowly crawled to my bed and wept for all eternity when I saw the three required rep points. i've given accounts away (supertorrents, etc), but i've never traded yet.

ToothFairy
02-21-2007, 02:54 AM
one good deep BJ and you certainly will get sct/ftn invite =)

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 02:56 AM
well that's obviously why i want an invite ;-)

Ultramorpg
02-21-2007, 03:13 AM
ultramorpg, in a word: yes, you are correct. but you're so much cooler if you have sct. lol

Then it's pretty pointless to work your way up and finally get it. Too much effort to get what you can obtain in other places that are FAR easier to join and to keep a good ratio. And if someone says speeds matters, at least not for me, because my down speed is not superb and I normally max it out on decent trackers.

That said, filesharing methods tend to disappear and then evolve into something different, and with BT going absolutely mainstream this is probably not so far from us.

I really can't see it as a worthwhile effort :S

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 03:19 AM
the whole point of getting into a really private tracker (for me, at least) is that it'll be more removed from mainstream file sharing, and thus i'll be safer.

aburyach
02-21-2007, 03:25 AM
the whole point of getting into a really private tracker (for me, at least) is that it'll be more removed from mainstream file sharing, and thus i'll be safer.

Right on, you will also have many more files :D And have a really big e-penis :P

shosh
02-21-2007, 03:27 AM
does any here know who gets to have invites at sct?
do they even hand out invites there anymore?

zak2210
02-21-2007, 03:27 AM
I swapped a TB acc for my sct invite lol!

bcpnikhil
02-21-2007, 03:28 AM

Right on, you will also have many more files :D And have a really big e-penis :P

qft.

Ultramorpg
02-21-2007, 03:28 AM
If we all know this "really private" trackers, the ppl that can actually shut them down are probably VIP members there already, so...

phoenixfire
02-21-2007, 03:38 AM

Then it's pretty pointless to work your way up and finally get it. Too much effort to get what you can obtain in other places that are FAR easier to join and to keep a good ratio. And if someone says speeds matters, at least not for me, because my down speed is not superb and I normally max it out on decent trackers.

That said, filesharing methods tend to disappear and then evolve into something different, and with BT going absolutely mainstream this is probably not so far from us.

I really can't see it as a worthwhile effort :S:huh:

phoenixfire
02-21-2007, 03:39 AM
If we all know this "really private" trackers, the ppl that can actually shut them down are probably VIP members there already, so...Lol no you must not understand. You can't shut down the site if it's being hosted in a country like Finland where there are filesharing protection rights. What is the US going to invade sweden because they don't like bitmetv?:huh:

Shadowfire
02-21-2007, 04:00 AM
Sometimes, I find this "path" thing up the "ladder" of the tracker rarity chain a bit iffy. Some people just don't want/need some of the trackers in level 4, and some of 4.5, especially if they weren't rated that high. Getting trackers just for trading them is a big no-no in my eyes.

buddy
02-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Why is this thread in the invite section btw? You are neither asking nor trading invites for FTN/SCT here.. :blink:

phoenixfire
02-21-2007, 04:15 AM
Sometimes, I find this "path" thing up the "ladder" of the tracker rarity chain a bit iffy. Some people just don't want/need some of the trackers in level 4, and some of 4.5, especially if they weren't rated that high. Getting trackers just for trading them is a big no-no in my eyes.Well yes I understand that I'm the same way actually. But it wasn't made for "some" people. It was just made only as a reference. Now sct I have because I like the content so that's a diff story.

Ultramorpg
02-21-2007, 04:23 AM

I really can't see it as a worthwhile effort :S:huh:
:yup:

If we all know this "really private" trackers, the ppl that can actually shut them down are probably VIP members there already, so...Lol no you must not understand. You can't shut down the site if it's being hosted in a country like Finland where there are filesharing protection rights. What is the US going to invade sweden because they don't like bitmetv?:huh:
So you're saying that if you host a tracker there there is NO way to shut it down?

Well, I'm not really into filesharing law, but I certainly doubt it

Niteghost
02-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Make lot of Friends, in thie :Dirty Business of Trading", is who U know, and LUCK, lots of it, stick around ,and just win a couple of tose Great Giveaway.....