PDA

View Full Version : how are we supposed to get good trackers

turbotalon21
02-21-2007, 04:12 AM
how do i get level 3 or 4 trackers when i have nothing to trade for those sites, because no one want the lower trackers, and i dont know anybody with invites to the sites.

Skiz
02-21-2007, 04:18 AM
how do i get level 3 or 4 trackers when i have nothing to trade for those sites, because no one want the lower trackers, and i dont know anybody with invites to the sites.

You just gotta ask.

Often times members will build up a large buffer on a tracker and trade it for a higher level invite.

Also, you'll see several posts in which members state that they have recieved invites to the toughest sites on the web, simply by asking. It's all about who you know. Hang around a while and get to know some people here and you'd be surprised what will come your way. :)

NRGFreak
02-21-2007, 04:21 AM
Just like Skizo said you can trade a good buffered lower level tracker for an invite in a better tracker or make some new friends :D

corey-
02-21-2007, 04:38 AM
It's all about who you know.

yes

Niteghost
02-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Yep, Skizo is absolutely dead on the $$, Is who U know, and that got me out from 2 accounts that were 'disable", and winning alot of the "Giveaway', So don't be "discouraged", I felt the same way , U did before, just stick around.

hangemhigh
02-21-2007, 04:50 AM
screw askin!... I've never asked and never will
yes I have accepted a couple offered but to ask (beg)
is not playing the game. Work for it buddy... check closed sites everyday,
check site open threads, keep your eyes open.
And never plead for a gimme,,, IMHO.

hangemhigh
02-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Yep, Skizo is absolutely dead on the $$, Is who U know, and that got me out from 2 accounts that were 'disable", and winning alot of the "Giveaway', So don't be "discouraged", I felt the same way , U did before, just stick around.
really niteghost? you were my first trade on here and we didn't know each other.
I karmed you by the way.

DefX
02-21-2007, 04:55 AM
screw askin!... I've never asked and never will
yes I have accepted a couple offered but to ask (beg)
is not playing the game. Work for it buddy... check closed sites everyday,
check site open threads, keep your eyes open.
And never plead for a gimme,,, IMHO.

Yeah i agree. Never beg. Thats why the invite section of the FST sometimes gets a bad rep from the other sections because of the pathetic begging that some members are willing to go through just for an invite. Besides, with all the giveaways that are given here, there's really no point in begging.

f@flot
02-21-2007, 04:55 AM
lol i started with trading with TL and now i can trade sct and the big ones just have a bit of faith :)

Aviran
02-21-2007, 06:26 AM
what is level 3 sites ? I dond have permissin to see

Dahg
02-21-2007, 06:33 AM
yah where is the index of levels? also whats a buffered site?excuse my ignorance... I been around but this is new to me

nvidia6800
02-21-2007, 06:46 AM
what is level 3 sites ? I dond have permissin to see

you have to wait

Skiz
02-21-2007, 07:04 AM
yah where is the index of levels? also whats a buffered site?excuse my ignorance... I been around but this is new to me

The index of levels is nothing official, it's just a guide we use here to measure how tough a site is to gain access to.

As for what a buffer is - If you had these stats at a tracker, you would have a 10GB buffer.

20GB uploaded
10GB downloaded

Dahg
02-21-2007, 07:07 AM
got it! thanx!

corey-
02-21-2007, 07:11 AM

i know a couple of members of staff of ftn, i could easily get them to invite me

necromantic
02-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Keep checking the signup page every once in a while. Nearly all the lvl 3 sites have been open for signup within the last 6 months or so.

turbotalon21
02-21-2007, 03:29 PM
its hard for me to get a good buffer when i upload at 40kb the most, i have uploaded on one site is 20gb, but dont get me wrong im trying.

freakyflow7
02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Me either but I am patiently waiting ;) What level is "OiNK"?

taba
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
lol i started with trading with TL and now i can trade sct and the big ones just have a bit of faith :)

i started with TD :yup:

be patient and chances hunter

and of course luck

SHUVT
02-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Just check the invite section. People give invites away all the time. Make a few connections with people and you can get almost anything you could possibly want. If you are cool, people will take care of you.

andrzejek1999
02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
basically, the best way to get those 4 or 4.5 ranked site is just to offer 5 ranked sites in return.

don't excpect that your offer of 3rd ranked sited will get much attanion if any.

Eazil
02-21-2007, 09:05 PM
And with good ratios in the tracker you have.

turbotalon21
02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
good info thanks guys

DV8type
02-21-2007, 09:10 PM

<< Get some connections, become 'friends' with other users, earn a rep as an honest/good user....wait for open sign ups
-There are many ways....TBH, trading is probably the riskiest way of going about it. some sites disable both inviter and invitee - It also flags and brings to attention every1 else on there invite list.

lysine
02-22-2007, 12:12 AM
just because something is difficult to obtain, does not mean it's better than a lower "level" site. keep that in mind.

Skiz
02-22-2007, 12:20 AM
just because something is difficult to obtain, does not mean it's better than a lower "level" site. keep that in mind.

Precisely. The levels have absolutely nothing to do with quality of content.

The higher the level, the the harder it is to gain access or obtain an invite.

freakyflow7
02-22-2007, 04:44 AM
I would figure the harder the website to get in the less likely it is to have something you're looking for. The assumption I'm making is that the website that is more difficult to get in also has fewer users than the one that is less difficult to get in thus less content. Is this true ? I have yet to be on sct... and all those other ones.

I'm really interested in learning what exactly makes these websites so hard to get into??? Ahh well, you people will learn to have faith in me!! I like sharing.. I'm from NA where bandwidth is relatively cheap hehe.

Dahg
02-22-2007, 05:45 AM
I would figure the harder the website to get in the less likely it is to have something you're looking for. The assumption I'm making is that the website that is more difficult to get in also has fewer users than the one that is less difficult to get in thus less content. Is this true ? I have yet to be on sct... and all those other ones.

I'm really interested in learning what exactly makes these websites so hard to get into??? Ahh well, you people will learn to have faith in me!! I like sharing.. I'm from NA where bandwidth is relatively cheap hehe.

I see your point, I find when I need that prog I would expect to find on a closed site - and dont.... I check some free site and somehow find it... that doesnt work for scene releases as well.. but it does work... It does depend on what your looking for!

Sentient
02-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Two sites that have open signups right now and have excellent pre times are Respect The Seed and Peer Portal. Also SCC is either open signup or giving away invites like candy. Build a rep there and I'm sure you will eventually get better sites.

It doesn't happen in a week or a month. But give it time and you can work your way up pretty easily. Or take the shortcuts which will shortly become apparent to you.

liquidrookie
02-25-2007, 02:30 AM
Start at the bottom and work your way up thats what i did.....

Become part of a sites community through forums and IRC and make friends, you never know who has invites to where. Not to mention i think most would rather give an invite to a friend than to a stranger