PDA

View Full Version : Is Kazaa Slow?

Guillaume
05-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Since a few days, well at least a week (or more, who really cares!) ... I've been reading dozens of topics about Kazaa being really slow lately, and everyone blaming it on the new "build 3". I've decided to sacrifice myself and "downgrade" ( yes, the opposite of "upgrade")to a previous build, all in the interest of science.
Who knows what might happen? Faster downloads? Complete waste of time?
The answer next week, same bat-channel! :lol:

DarthInsinuate
05-25-2003, 01:12 PM
i think the new build is slower because more newbies use it, and those n00bs they're crazy - they complain about anything

Rocktron
05-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Gurahl@25 May 2003 - 14:04
I've decided to sacrifice myself and "downgrade" ( yes, the opposite of "upgrade")to a previous build, all in the interest of science
Hahaha!

The funny thing is, i did the same today! I installed the 1.7 version (with the annoying upgrade NAG innnit)
But the movie i was downloading still sucked big time on the speed section!
It's not the builds or versions.., it the complete network that sucks!

What puzzles me is, when i'm downloading something, and start a new (same file) download, the speed go's to
the max for about 3,500mb and than stops and reconnects with a very LOW speed!
Like 0.09kb or something like that! :blink: Why doesn't the incomplete older download file connect at such a MAX speed???

There is just something wrong with the NEW files!
All the old movies, software download really fast, it's just the new files..

Ah well.. <_<

DarthInsinuate
05-25-2003, 01:22 PM
oops, just realised i&#39;m using build 2, i might upgrade and see what happens

clocker
05-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Gurahl@25 May 2003 - 07:04
I&#39;ve decided to sacrifice myself and "downgrade" ( yes, the opposite of "upgrade")to a previous build, all in the interest of science.
Who knows what might happen?
http://www.nwbio.com/images/scientist.jpg

Well, alright then...but for God&#39;s sake please be careful&#33;

Guillaume
05-25-2003, 02:17 PM
It is with great sadness I have to report the failure of the experiment: the older version wouldn&#39;t let me access the message board anymore&#33; I had to terminate it after only 2 hours... :(
Maybe some day, someone will find the solution to our problem, unfortunately, it won&#39;t be me, since after this utter failure, I retire from the world of science... ( but not from this board&#33; :D )

DarthInsinuate
05-25-2003, 02:20 PM
my results just in: build 3 is NOT slower than build 2, the only difference is the start page looks nicer :o would you believe it?

sandrathom60
05-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Being a newbie myself. (Less than a week.) I&#39;ve done a lot of checking before sniveling and changing supernodes helps a lot. (IMO) I&#39;m changing around and experimenting with different ones and it does make a difference.