PDA

View Full Version : Configuring Norton Firewall

vivitron 15
05-25-2003, 04:48 PM
I have Norton Personal Firewall installed, and have just installed K++.

Usually, when I run a program for the first time, it comes up with a "do you want to permit this program" dialogue, but when i ran Kazaa, it didn't.

So now the program is blocking kazaa from connecting. (I have disabled the firewall and it connected instantly, so this isn't the problem)

I have been into Personal Firewall>Configure and tried to manually configure it to permit K++; I added "c:\program files\kazza\kpp.exe" and did "permit all" but it still isn't working.

does anyone who uses Norton know what Im doing wrong?

BTW: Norton 2003, Kazaa 2.1.0 build 3

dlingeverything
05-25-2003, 04:54 PM
instead of permitting all, try configuring
it's access manually. Follow the instructions in the kazaa lite FAQ

vivitron 15
05-25-2003, 05:05 PM
thanks for the reply.

I tried what you suggested. I configured it to:

permit all on all ports inbound
permit all on all ports outbound
block on all ports to 217.116.227.249

as the FAQ suggested, but to no avail. I am definitely doing all this for the correct file? I don't need to do it for any of the others?

Livy
05-25-2003, 05:08 PM
i think you need to select kazaalite.kpp instead of kpp.exe. as it will be kazaalite.kpp accesing the internet not kpp.exe

vivitron 15
05-25-2003, 05:14 PM
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Livy, you're a saint, I don't care what anyone says about you, you're cool in my book

It worked, simple problem caused by a simple user!

Thanks guys

BTW: I don't think your user title does you justice Livy, change it to something more fitting, like "hero of stupid problems" :)

Livy
05-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@25 May 2003 - 18:14
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Livy, you're a saint, I don't care what anyone says about you, you're cool in my book

It worked, simple problem caused by a simple user!

Thanks guys

BTW: I don't think your user title does you justice Livy, change it to something more fitting, like "hero of stupid problems" :)
no probs, thats what ppl are here for. the title is simpleton, because the monkey in my avatar calls the other guy in the advert it is from a simpleton. :) check otu my site for the vids. :)

vivitron 15
05-25-2003, 05:22 PM
ah, yeah, they were amazing ads, just a pity about the crap product :)

Livy
05-25-2003, 05:30 PM
yeah, :) but the monkey was cool, i got my own one now. :wub: