PDA

View Full Version : S-vcd To Vcd?

05-25-2003, 05:13 PM
I have downloaded the Matrix Reloaded Centropy movie which seems to be super VCD. This works fine on my DVD player but it won't work on a friends Denon. Is there a way to convert this to a standard VCD as I know this works on his machine.

Stonecoldfreak1
05-25-2003, 05:15 PM
why did you just decide to post this in verifieds in a can???

05-25-2003, 05:16 PM
ooops sorry wrong part of the Forum.

3RA1N1AC
05-27-2003, 06:43 AM
A program called Tmpgenc should be able to re-encode the movie to VCD format, but as far as i know there is no easy way to just change the resolution/fps of an mpeg file without recompressing it and losing soem picture quality in the process.

Ad
05-27-2003, 06:47 AM
im not sure tmpeg does it u might have to use virtual dub to xract the wav and save as avi and re encoe it to VCD with Tmpegnc

junkyardking
05-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by 337@25 May 2003 - 17:13
I have downloaded the Matrix Reloaded Centropy movie which seems to be super VCD. This works fine on my DVD player but it won't work on a friends Denon. Is there a way to convert this to a standard VCD as I know this works on his machine.
You Probaly dont need to re-encode

You can trick the dvd into thinking it's a vcd.

First get the program TMPGEnc Plus (English), version 2.512(8,092KB) download from
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/ then get the serial from
http://serials.ws/all/?l=w&pn=4 just dont download the spywear as it is very persistent at asking

Then once installed go file>mpeg tools and the first tag your see is "simple multiplex" select the mpeg as the video input and rest of the gaps will automaticly be completed, if you want you can change the output file name as this will over ride the original mpeg(svcd).
Now go to type and choose "Mpeg-1 Video-cd" then run it, all this does is changes the headers and fools the dvd into thinking it's a vcd but it's still a svcd.

You might get an error like "buffer underun" ignore this as i have had this but it has caused no problems.

The dvd should now play it with no problems.

cyberdman
05-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Yes you can use TMPGEnc to do this and I have done it. My DVD player does not play SVCDs and the SVCD/VCD header trick does not work on my player either, so I often convert ones that I download to do this. I have done it quite a few times successfully with TMPGEnc Plus no problem. You may have to play with the resolution settings a little though to make it look like the proper AR however.

05-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks for all of the tips guys.

I'll go and give it a go