PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistency

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
If this thread was started and locked in one day...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/lounge/t-count-up-100033-65282

...why is this thread still going after nearly a year :blink:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/lounge/t-count-all-my-dingleberries-114630

I think this guy sums the whole thing up quite well...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-count-up-100033-post670105/postcount86

Cheese
02-23-2007, 10:50 AM
It does all seem a tad inconsistent. Sure, the Lounge is a an off-topic forum but no need to actively spam it. That's just annoying and against the rules, we need to set an example to these new noobs so that they may flourish and become mighty oaks.

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 12:04 PM
I'd be happy if they just moved it to the bittorrent section, then at least I'd never see it.

Cheese
02-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I'd be happy if they just moved it to the bittorrent section, then at least I'd never see it.

I'd be happy if they jettisoned the Bittorrent section into the heart of the sun, I don't appreciate being part of a forum that actively leechs off the hard work of the Bittorrent community.

Maybe that's why they employ known leechers as mods there. :dabs:

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I think it's because the mods/admins are more laid back now, which I think is nice.

Cheese
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I think it's because the mods/admins are more laid back now, which I think is nice.

No, now they're hypocrites.

100%
02-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Humans are dynamic. (atleast some)

Shadowfire
02-23-2007, 04:32 PM
It could be because it's flooded with posts of so many higher-ranked members? Skizo, Hairbutt, Rossco, Alien5, Gamer4eva, etc.

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks, but I only post news; also I like to think of the Lounge as a "free playground" almost. It's hard to define, but if you want a serious conversation go to the Drawing board.

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Skizo - 739 posts
Hairbautt - 378 posts
Rossco - 169 posts
Alien5 - 158 posts
Gamer4eva - 80 posts

:blink:

Virtualbody1234 - 403 posts
Adster - 164 posts
BunnyGirl67 - 367 posts

:blink:

ME - 430 posts :01: (The majority of which weren't numbers, and if they were, probably out of sequence)

Shadowfire
02-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks, but I only post news; also I like to think of the Lounge as a "free playground" almost. It's hard to define, but if you want a serious conversation go to the Drawing board.

True. But I'm too juvenile to compete with you lot in debates, so I'm content just reading the Drawing Room.

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Of course it's true, I just counted them :blink:

Skiz
02-23-2007, 04:58 PM
ME - 430 posts :01: (The majority of which weren't numbers, and if they were, probably out of sequence)

So just more spam then. :blink:

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
define spam :blink:

Skiz
02-23-2007, 05:00 PM
define spam :blink:

Why? You know what it is.

Shadowfire
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
It's kind of subjective. But since this is the lounge, nothing should be spam. :lol:

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
lets pretend i don't. I want you to define it, without using google :dry:

Skiz
02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
lets pretend i don't. I want you to define it, without using google :dry:

I don't need to go over semantics with you.

There's no reason the thread should be locked. Get over it.

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
FileSharingTalk.com Board Rules
The Administrators and Moderators are the ones who decide what is offensive, foul, inflammatory or excessive in nature, as well as what is considered spam, solicitation, advertising, profanity, inappropriate nudity or complaints. Their decision on the matter is final. Administrators and Moderators can and will take action without any prior warning or notice.

So now you've become a moderator by the back-door, please tell me what you consider to be "spam".

Rule 3 - Spamming
Spamming is not permitted and will be monitored; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible. Excessive spamming may be deleted.

I'd be happy if the excessive spamming that is the counting thread, was deleted forthwith. :yes:

Skiz
02-23-2007, 05:09 PM
FileSharingTalk.com Board Rules
The Administrators and Moderators are the ones who decide what is offensive, foul, inflammatory or excessive in nature, as well as what is considered spam, solicitation, advertising, profanity, inappropriate nudity or complaints. Their decision on the matter is final. Administrators and Moderators can and will take action without any prior warning or notice.

;)

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 05:11 PM
shirking your moderating responsibilities already are you.

moderators are supposed to set an example.

Virtualbody1234
02-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Inconsistency? :noes: The board was unable to handle long threads back then. It can now.

It would inconstancy to close the counting thread. After all, you loungers have been saying that you should be permitted to post anything in the lounge haven't you?

In fact, I think that thread has been quite manageable compared with a lot of other crap posted here.

Barbarossa
02-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Locked after 86 posts, a veritable monster of a thread :dry:

Rewriting history are we? :blink:

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Argh, this is why I said hard to define. :pinch:

Cheese
02-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Inconsistency? :noes: The board was unable to handle long threads back then. It can now.

It would inconstancy to close the counting thread. After all, you loungers have been saying that you should be permitted to post anything in the lounge haven't you?

In fact, I think that thread has been quite manageable compared with a lot of other crap posted here.

It's not really about that, we have a new mod (bit of a cunt, but nevermind) who can post in the thread over and over again (god kows why...) but when someone new tries it they get banned. That's inconsistent. This new mod should be setting an example to the new members that he (and the rest of the mod team) expect to follow the board rules.

It's pretty mental when you think about it. "Hey, welcome to the new board. Please don't spam to get your post-count up. Oh that, that's just a counting-spam thread."

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Who got banned? Bulio? That was 3 years ago and his last post was on 06-15-2004 bout three months after that thread Barb posted. :ermm:

Also, I remember that I asked once if Lounge posts counted towards the 30 day, 20 posts requirement thingy and someone told me no...:huh: Can't remember who tho'.

Cheese
02-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Who got banned? Bulio? That was 3 years ago and his last post was on 06-15-2004 bout three months after that thread Barb posted. :ermm:

Also, I remember that I asked once if Lounge posts counted towards the 30 day, 20 posts requirement thingy and someone told me no...:huh: Can't remember who tho'.

I feel a bit sorry for you to be honest, you don't really pay attention but that's okay (the answer for your first question is around to read). Really though, nearly 20% of your posts on this board have been you inputting numbers into a thread, don't you think you're a bit better than that? We know this is the pinnacle of Skizo's repertoire but you? :(

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I think the DingleBerry thread is more of a forum game, but I guess I just don't know like you said :idunno:

I'm really not a tight-ass in most cases, so it's hard to understand other people who I guess (and again I really don't know :idunno: ) care about the forum more than I.

I find alot of things frustrating tho'. :frusty: 'Chebus', you do know I just post news, right? :dabs:

Cheese
02-23-2007, 06:01 PM
I think the DingleBerry thread is more of a forum game, but I guess I just don't know like you said :idunno:

I'm really not a tight-ass in most cases, so it's hard to understand other people who I guess (and again I really don't know :idunno: ) care about the forum more than I.

I find alot of things frustrating tho'. :frusty: 'Chebus', you do know I just post news, right? :dabs:

I know what your role is here, though to be honest I would have had your more pegged for someone to be a mod than the "person" we seem to have got.

You do understand my point though? That it is hypocritical to expect new people not to spam to up their post count when, essentially (and for reasons best known to himself), a mod has chosen to make this his life's work. All in all it's tragic that someone would "enjoy" doing that, I wonder what is missing from their life.

Skiz
02-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Why are you so hung up on post counts?

Cheese
02-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Why are you so hung up on post counts?

Can you even read properly? Have the numbers blinded you to such simple tasks? My point with post counts is in reference to new people being told not to spam their post count up to get access to the Inbred section, my interest (which is plain to see) is how the rules work I could care less about post counts in general.

Again I'll repeat though: It's tragic that someone would "enjoy" doing that, I wonder what is missing from their life.

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 06:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gif Yeah, I see your point.
Sure, the Lounge is a an off-topic forum but no need to actively spam it. Pretty much sums it up, but it's hard to sort out all the issues here, at least for me it is. :wacko: Still, IMO I consider the Dingleberry thread to be a forum game, which you maybe able to tell looking at some of the posts I made in there (Usually Bunny67 and I sorta race, I guess you could say; and I like to throw in insults to provoke people :emo:). :happy:

BUT, I still thought Lounge posts don't count for n00b members in the BT section. I need to IM/PM a higher up and ask for definite answer just so I know.

This also reminds me (not necessarily relates to this particular issue) of JP's ":lol' " thread; where the Mods do maintain the final decision in matters and it is obviously hard to maintain good relations with members when making certain calls, just as you have some harsh opinion posts. :fear2: Gotta be hard, but I'm always for more freedom.

Cheese
02-23-2007, 06:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gif Yeah, I see your point and I just got the PM about the ban report-in. Funny, I always get PM's updating me on stuff; Clearly I'm lost 24/7 :lol: And I post the latest news :dabs:
Sure, the Lounge is a an off-topic forum but no need to actively spam it. Pretty much sums it up, but it's hard to sort out all the issues here, at least for me it is. :wacko: Still, IMO I consider the Dingleberry thread to be a forum game, which you maybe able to tell looking at some of the posts I made in there (Usually Bunny67 and I sorta race, I guess you could say; and I like to throw in insults to provoke people :emo:). :happy:

BUT, I still thought Lounge posts don't count for n00b members in the BT section. I need to IM/PM a higher up and ask for definite answer just so I know.

This also reminds me (not necessarily relates to this particular issue) of JP's ":lol' " thread; where the Mods do maintain the final decision in matters and it is obviously hard to maintain good relations with members when making certain calls, just as you have some harsh opinion posts. :fear2: Gotta be hard, but I'm always for more freedom.

I see a well-thought out response like that and then I look at Skizo's attempt to "debate" (a heady mix of misinterpretation, ignoring everything but one point and unearned smugness) and I wonder why they'd semi-mod him and not someone with some obvious intelligence. Strange.

I don't know about the lounge posts not counting towards the Inbred section thing, but still it's about the example the mod is supposed to be setting and whether it's hypocritical to spam whilst telling others not to.

Mr JP Fugley
02-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Don't bring me into your flippin' bunkum. The car crash thread is a meh for me,

Skiz
02-23-2007, 06:37 PM

When we say that spam won't count towards their 20, we mean that if they simply put "thxxxx" 20 times, that they haven't made a contribution Posts will be deleted also). They get a standard PM saying such and that the forum is a give and take relationship. Once they give a little, then they get a little.

Some members have no interest in good relationships though. Shit stirring is more their game.

Mr JP Fugley
02-23-2007, 06:39 PM

When we say that spam won't count towards their 20, we mean that if they simply put "thxxxx" 20 times, that they haven't made a contribution Posts will be deleted also). They get a standard PM saying such and that the forum is a give and take relationship. Once they give a little, then they get a little.

Some members have no interest in good relationships though. Shit stirring is more their game.

That's a bit harsh, VB is well intentioned most of the time. He's just misguided.

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Don't bring me into your flippin' bunkum. The car crash thread is a meh for me,http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gif
Some members have no interest in good relationships though. Shit stirring is more their game.I like the right to stir some shit tho'. :D And I have my signature to protect me against bad things, not to mention my biography
Biography:
I'm laid back, I try to help others, but I'm far from perfect. Also, I have a crude sense of humor, if you ever feel insulted, I was probably just making a joke.

Mr JP Fugley
02-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Some chaps just don't understand the concept of badinage.

100%
02-23-2007, 06:43 PM

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 06:44 PM

Prick. :sneaky:

Cheese
02-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Some members have no interest in good relationships though.

I think that's the crux of your problems. An inability to develop or maintain relationships (I'd assume this overlaps into your "real-life" world as well). I guess the solitary activity of the counting thread is a small comfort in your otherwise pointless existence. In fact, we should let you keep the thread open as it is your only refuge in what you see as a very cruel and lonely world.

MagicNakor
02-23-2007, 06:46 PM
The real secret?

Damage control.

:shuriken:

Skiz
02-23-2007, 06:47 PM

I think that's the crux of your problems. An inability to develop or maintain relationships (I'd assume this overlaps into your "real-life" world as well). I guess the solitary activity of the counting thread is a small comfort in your otherwise pointless existence. In fact, we should let you keep the thread open as it is your only refuge in what you see as a very cruel and lonely world.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

It's settled then - The thread remains open. (As if we're considering closing it anyway)

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 06:48 PM

See, that's harsh and gets us nowhere when you do that :dry: . Why, can't we just make peace and love? :ermm:

/anger face on

Oh, wait banter thingy, right. :)

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh, fuck I guess it got us somewhere.

whatever...they say I'm emo...pffft.

Mr JP Fugley
02-23-2007, 06:52 PM

It's settled then - The thread remains open. (As if we considering closing it anyway)

You don't even see how he manipulates you.

He wants to watch you keep stubbornly posting numbers mindlessly on the internet, so he uses reverse psychology in it's most basic form and pretends he wants you to stop it. So you just keep on posting.

You must remember your parents doing that when you were a child. You're supposed to grow out of it.

FFS Skizo he couldn't be ripping the pish out of you any more than if he sliced your bladder open.

Shadowfire
02-23-2007, 06:59 PM

You need some anti-depressant for you own self. :shutup:

missie
02-23-2007, 07:01 PM
As if we considering closing it anyway

:glag:

This is all pretty meh to me. At least the newbs/menthols aren't lolling up the other threads to increase their e-penis. And bless 'em, they can count really high. :happy:

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 07:08 PM
:glag: This is all pretty meh to me. At least the newbs/menthols aren't lolling up the other threads to increase their e-penis. And bless 'em, they can count really high. :happy:
/rotflmaohttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gifThat really made me laugh hard. "Laughed out loud" :smilie4:

ejitling
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't really give a toss about post counts. I don't go in the inbred section, have no interest whatsoever in how many posts I made as a result.

Much more interesting is all the sniping, bitching and one-upmanship that goes on. Oh yeh... badinage... :happy: Being a cunt, that is what I thrive on...

Shadowfire
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
^ You have just conformed to veteran Loungers' mentality.

4play
02-23-2007, 08:06 PM
I think the dingleberry thread should stay open.

people have stopped just posting random crap into threads to gain their 20 posts to get into the invite section since being warned. The problem is they are now digging up threads from 2 -3 years previous or posting comments like "yes that is true" just to get their count up. This makes it impossible for the mods to call it spam but its annoying since it does not contribute anything. at least the counting thread keeps it all in one place.

100%
02-23-2007, 08:10 PM

manker
02-23-2007, 11:40 PM
I think it's fucking great that Skizo's a mod. The more thick mods the better, I say.

F'rinstance, Barbie would be an excellent mod - intelligent, articulate, knows his computer stuffs and gets on well with all sections of the bored. Mind, he'd probably do the job quite well - and where's the fun in that.

Carry on with recruiting the thickies, I say.

Proper Bo
02-23-2007, 11:42 PM
skizo's a mod?:unsure:

Alien5
02-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I think the dingleberry thread should stay open. its going to close?

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Of the BT Section.

Administrator - Manager - Moderator - Forum Star - BT Mod - Middleman - News Poster - NZB Poster - Verifieds Poster - Community Rep

;)

ejitling
02-23-2007, 11:44 PM
^ You have just conformed to veteran Loungers' mentality.

:yikes:

must go count on dingleberry thread...

I am a n00b. Really. :whistling

Alien5
02-23-2007, 11:45 PM
who's a middleman and what does he do? :ermm:

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 11:47 PM
They're new: See here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-middleman-crew-trades-new--157377).

Edit: Warning, this link directs you to the BT Section.

callum
02-23-2007, 11:51 PM

I think they are matchmakers, if two people want to trade invites, but they are a bit shy or scared, they get a middleman to help out. I'm just guessing mind, they could just be the pimps of the bt invite section.

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 11:53 PM

I think they are matchmakers, if two people want to trade invites, but they are a bit shy or scared, they get a middleman to help out. I'm just guessing mind, they could just be the pimps of the bt invite section.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gif

manker
Yeah and from what I read, he tried to ban someone from spamming the counting thread.

He's admin material, that boy.

Alien5
sounds like the person you go to when you haven't got the balls to do something yourself.

Proper Bo
02-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah and from what I read, he tried to ban someone from spamming the counting thread.

He's admin material, that boy.

:glag:

Alien5
02-23-2007, 11:56 PM
another person who laughs at his own jokes.

Hairbautt
02-23-2007, 11:57 PM
another person who laughs at his own jokes.
:lookaroun Errrrrr...

callum
02-23-2007, 11:58 PM
sounds like the person you go to when you haven't got the balls to do something yourself.

That's an interesting idea. If you were in charge of something, anything really, you could appoint some half wit to a position of authority. Get them to do all the dirty work, everyone probably hates the person anyway so it wouldn't come as a shock. Then after a while get rid of the fool and you'd come out of it looking like a good guy.

Alien5
02-24-2007, 12:00 AM
good idea, i'll be the idiot for a change.

manker
02-24-2007, 12:02 AM
good idea, i'll be the idiot for a change.
Yup.

You ever wondered why you're a community rep :duh:

Alien5
02-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Yup. Duh.. :huh:

callum
02-24-2007, 12:39 AM
cos it pisses everyone off so i wont change it until i get demoted to some user.

I didn't think you had any powers, but it would seem you can edit your posts in a stealth like manner.

Shadowfire
02-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Alien5, which community are you the rep of?

Alien5
02-24-2007, 12:44 AM
the laugh at our own jokes community. :lol:

callum
02-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Alien5, which community are you the rep of?

The inbreds, he's the Zak Dingle of the forum.

Hairbautt
02-24-2007, 12:48 AM
I'll always see Alien5 as a Community Rep.

Shadowfire
02-24-2007, 12:50 AM
There are different communities of inbreds, you know. Alien5 can't rep all of them.

Alien5
02-24-2007, 12:55 AM
I'll always see Alien5 as a Community Rep. :cry:

inbreds? im alien :snooty:

Alien5, which community are you the rep of? torrents. :P

Shadowfire
02-24-2007, 01:02 AM
I probably shouldn't be calling myself an inbred. Anyways ....

The rep of the digression community, I see.

Hairbautt
02-24-2007, 01:03 AM
:cry:
:console:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
:blow: Hahahahahahaha :lol:

manker
02-24-2007, 01:06 AM
Alien5, which community are you the rep of?Allen isn't allowed to say what tracker he represents (which, imo, kinda takes away the whole point of being a community rep) because if he does, that tracker won't let him be a community rep anymore.

I'm sure you understand now when I say that you shouldn't ask him to divulge such information. He's got nothing else in life, don't try to take this away from him.

:@

Alien5
02-24-2007, 01:08 AM
If i told you i would have to kill you. :P

yay ive made manker angry tonight. :naughty:

Shadowfire
02-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Ah, of course. Don't take the candy away when you know the candystore owner is spying. Ok that just made no sense.

Yeah, that's rather ironic. He's repping nothing.

Alien5
02-24-2007, 01:11 AM
if or when i get the title taken away, i'll tell you everything. :sly: until then...

Shadowfire
02-24-2007, 01:13 AM
No, it's ok. My attention has averted.

Alien5
02-24-2007, 01:14 AM
good, i was beginning to use my braincell.

manker
02-24-2007, 01:16 AM
No, it's ok. My attention has averted.
:lol:

manker
02-24-2007, 01:19 AM
yay ive made manker angry tonight. :naughty:I don't think you could - but I did talk about you.

Don't thank me now for making your night, you can just owe me one.

Edit: actually, you can get me a bitmetv torrent invite. That would make us even.

Alien5
02-24-2007, 01:25 AM
yay ive made manker angry tonight. :naughty:I don't think you could - but I did talk about you.

Edit: actually, you can get me a bitmetv torrent invite. That would make us even. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-need-bitmetv-inv-158771#post1768544

manker
02-24-2007, 01:28 AM
Nice one, Allen. Thanks.

I hope I don't wake up feeling dirty in the morning.

callum
02-24-2007, 01:29 AM
I don't think you could - but I did talk about you.

Edit: actually, you can get me a bitmetv torrent invite. That would make us even. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-need-bitmetv-inv-158771#post1768544

You'll give him a bitmetv invite if he tells you what he wants you to give him in return for you giving him it? :unsure:

Edit - I get it now, you're pimping.

Alien5
02-24-2007, 01:32 AM
If the trade goes well i won't ask you for anything in return.

don't say i never do anything for you.

i bet all the scammers decend on me now, like flys to honey..i mean shit to honey. :cry:

MCHeshPants420
02-24-2007, 04:57 AM

It's settled then - The thread remains open. (As if we're considering closing it anyway)

Again, your reading comprehension seems to be failing you. I offer no "thoughts and prayers", I'm merely observing a sad little "life".

Mr JP Fugley
02-24-2007, 10:33 AM

That's an interesting idea. If you were in charge of something, anything really, you could appoint some half wit to a position of authority. Get them to do all the dirty work, everyone probably hates the person anyway so it wouldn't come as a shock. Then after a while get rid of the fool and you'd come out of it looking like a good guy.

Yeah, but you also call them a Forum Star, so they don't realise they've been shafted.