PDA

View Full Version : Increasing the Download Speed of a Torrent

nagukush
02-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi Freinds !

I'm using Bitcomet 0.70 and I just wanted to request you to kindly advice on how can I increase the speed of my Downloads.

I had read somewhere that the Download Rate is proportional to the Upload rate and hence I have kept my Global Max Upload Rate as - 40kB/s - Am I doing it wrong here ? if yes then what should be the ideal value that I should keep to maximise my download speed.

I usuall get only a speed of 20 - 25 kB/s (Download) or even lesser - I find that before I download a file file, I have uploaded even more than the whole file size !!! I dont have any problems in uploading - I believe that its ethics to upload ater downloading a file, but atleast I should get the file completely first - sorry if I'm wrong here...

Should I use a different software to increase my speed ?

Kindly help me...:(

Thanks and Regards
Kush

Backslash
02-26-2007, 07:53 AM
i dont know if this will help or not, but on utorrent, i continually tweaked my settings and nothing ever changed. i always maxed out at the same speeds, upload and download. it depends much more on your connection than your client

JA
02-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Use Utorrent..most sites have banned BITCOMET

Melvinmeow
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Use Utorrent..most sites have banned BITCOMET

Yep exactly.

In reguard to settings. The proper speed settings in my opinion would be to set your clients outgoing speed to 80% of your lines total max outgoing.
Thus giving you a descent outgoing speed depending on the isp. As well as a good incoming speed.

Youll notice with alot of isps that that faster you send outgoing the slower you receive incoming.

OmaRin0
02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
i advice u to use UTORRENT..
90% of the times i download the max of my download speed..

terras1312
02-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Try to limit the upload speed, check your firewall, check NAT (if you use a rooter), change to μTorrent.