PDA

View Full Version : a good dvd burner program thats not nero

shosh
02-27-2007, 04:40 AM
lately ive been getting really annoyed with nero. i hate that it installs a bunch of programs that i dont need and i find it a bit invasive. i dont like nero scout or the crap that this program installs. i also find it buggy when working with vista. im looking for a simple reliable burning program that may include a recoding program (in case i want to make dvd out of avi files). anyone have any suggestions

JenGee
02-27-2007, 04:45 AM
I swear by Super DVD Creator. I don't know how it works with Vista, but I have been very satisfied with it. I had too many issues with Nero, and tried just about everything. It converts avi to dvd superfast (depending on your ram and processor speed). Good Luck

Barbarossa
02-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Have a look at Dreamweaver, it's pretty good :smilie4:

superguy
03-03-2007, 10:59 PM
sonic record now is very good

avishon
03-04-2007, 02:42 PM
DVDclone is also good

fourier
03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
freeware alternative : http://www.ripit4me.org/

RickDangerous
03-04-2007, 04:54 PM
For converting avi or other video files to DVD format I'd say ConvertXtoDVD is very very good;)

peat moss
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
For converting avi or other video files to DVD format I'd say ConvertXtoDVD is very very good;)

My choice for converting and burning , just hit start ,place an MT dvd in the tray and walk away . I'd get rid of nero but the wife and kids like it for music ,since I rarely use I'v thought about trying Win media 11 for my music . :)

weenden
03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
i did use super dvd creator untill i updated it to 9.30 now i cant do anything it's stops after the muxing process and a window pops up and says something to the efect access violation drives me nuts

Art Vandelay
03-04-2007, 08:32 PM

My choice for converting and burning , just hit start ,place an MT dvd in the tray and walk away . I'd get rid of nero but the wife and kids like it for music ,since I rarely use I'v thought about trying Win media 11 for my music . :)

I'll third that recommendation. Excellent program, quick and painless.

maxehhh
03-04-2007, 09:09 PM
dunno if droppix works with vista but you should try it... very easy to use and simple...