PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn It Stallone Stop!!!!!!

007™
02-28-2007, 02:05 AM
First he ruined the rocky series by doing rocky 6, which was a big waste

now he doing Rambo 4 :(

http://imdb.com/title/tt0462499/

maxehhh
02-28-2007, 02:46 AM
lol, sorry but rocky is not the same as Rambo...

you can shoot Rocky, but Rambo, you cant stop rambo :yup:

mr. nails
02-28-2007, 07:58 AM
rocky 6 was good so we can only hope that rambo 4 will be the same.

Skiz
02-28-2007, 08:25 AM

Rocky 6 is already in the theatres? :huh:

Also, how will Rambo be able to shoot his "AK" while holding his walker? :ermm:

DefX
02-28-2007, 01:34 PM
How good was rocky 6 by the way? Is it at least better than the 5th one?

morphine
02-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Rocky 6 is already in the theatres? :huh:

Also, how will Rambo be able to shoot his "AK" while holding his walker? :ermm:

Actually it's called "Rocky Balboa" and not Rocky 6. It's not a masterpiece but it's clearly better than the last one (it shouldnt be that hard). It's a good finish to the series.

As for Rambo, i'm a little more skeptical. It's a whole different fisical character. With aging, it might become even more of a melodramatic character than any of the latest Rockys. And since it's Stallone we're talking about here, not Clint Eastwood, that might not turn into the best of movies.

MCHeshPants420
02-28-2007, 06:02 PM

That's old news*. However, I liked the last Rocky film and I hate everything so it must have been quite good. Rambo was never "great art" so I don't think he is really "ruining" anything.

*Though you'd have to be a complete chump not to know Rocky 6 (or Rocky Balboa even) came out in the cinemas late last year.

Busyman™
02-28-2007, 06:46 PM
As for Rambo, i'm a little more skeptical. It's a whole different fisical character. With aging, it might become even more of a melodramatic character than any of the latest Rockys.

Think MGS 4.

Also wasn't there a movie, I wanna say Alien Nation, where there was a shot of a cinema front saying Rocky 6 (or 8)?

That's old news*. However, I liked the last Rocky film and I hate everything so it must have been quite good. Rambo was never "great art" so I don't think he is really "ruining" anything.

*Though you'd have to be a complete chump not to know Rocky 6 (or Rocky Balboa even) came out in the cinemas late last year.

Yeah Skiz, how the hell is it you didn't know of Rocky 6?:unsure:

It had Antonio Tarver (who has, since filming, lost his belt) in it Mason Dixon.:wacko:

Skiz
02-28-2007, 06:53 PM

It had Antonio Tarver (who has, since filming, lost his belt) in it Mason Dixon.:wacko:

Heck, I don't know. Cheese said it was "late last year". If it was around Christmas time, that would explain why I missed it. From Thanksgiving to the new year, all I have time for is sleeping, eating, and working, being at UPS and all.

Busyman™
02-28-2007, 07:20 PM

Heck, I don't know. Cheese said it was "late last year". If it was around Christmas time, that would explain why I missed it. From Thanksgiving to the new year, all I have time for is sleeping, eating, and working, being at UPS and all.

The Hollywood premier was around Dec. 15.

You still live under a rock.:snooty: It's almost Marcha.

On a side note, I liked First Blood immensely. Those cops got their asses kicked until Rambo's old superior convinced him to give up.

All o dat cuz of vagrancy.:lol:

Skiz
02-28-2007, 07:25 PM

The Hollywood premier was around Dec. 15.

You still live under a rock.:snooty: It's almost Marcha.

Are you dissing my rock? :cry:

maebach
02-28-2007, 08:06 PM
I ve never watched a rambo movie. This will probably be my first :|

Skiz
02-28-2007, 08:21 PM

You need to watch First Blood. :01:

maxehhh
02-28-2007, 09:05 PM

how could you!! :cry:

DefX
02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Rambo and those Missing in Action movies by Norris were my favorite action movies growing up. So much so that I even named my childhood dog, Rambo. hehe

Colt Seevers
02-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Also wasn't there a movie, I wanna say Alien Nation, where there was a shot of a cinema front saying Rocky 6 (or 8)?

heh, actually I remember seeing, I think it was Airaplane (or one of those types of movies possibly Naked Gun) that had a poster in the background for Rocky 21 or something, Just had a shot of some wee pensioner in Boxers... :D

Haven't brought myself to watch Rocky Balboa, I mean after 5 I just gave up on the nonsense.

First Blood is a classic, more so cos I think it has Brian Dennehy (http://imdb.com/name/nm0001133/) in it! Now there's an actor with spunk! Well apart from Cocoon (http://imdb.com/title/tt0088933/) :whistling

The last Stallone film I think I saw was that shitty remake of Get Carter which for the record, was pretty pish, good sound track though... :shutup:

100%
02-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't know how smart or how sad it is to actually do what he is doing.
Either he is holding onto his past glory
or he "knows" he can get a few bucks out of his past glory cause of humanities (the public) necessity to hold on to the past.
Which one is it Stallone?
Rocky looked like a goodbye.
Move on?
Maybe he is taking off his too tight young skin and hopes for a fresh start (at least he didnt go RonHubbard) in his new skin as ......

Either way, he made his mark, if he manages to make a come back as a wise old man i doubt it, could be a new genre of hope to the old.

His image seems more Sopranos now.

Governor?...