PDA

View Full Version : Supertorrents is changing for the better

Skiz
02-28-2007, 04:14 AM
At least in my opinion they are.

Newest PM is as follows...

Hello Members

We would like to inform you all of some recent and upcoming events.

Severely Limited Invites
Up until now SuperTorrents has had a very open and lax invite system. Starting in March, we will be severely limiting the amount of invites that are given out to our members. This also includes taking away most invites you may have. The new invite policies will be posted in the FAQ by March and user promotions will result in fewer invites as well. This is an effort to stop the rampant cheating, dupe accounts and the sale of invites. We suggest you use any invites you may have left in the coming week.

Change in donation rewards
The rewards you will receive for donations will be changing in March. The rewards will be reduced with less upload credit as well as fewer invites given out. We will also be adding a new option to donate in $50 amounts. We suggest taking advantage of the current donation rewards if you were planning on donating any time soon.

Site Upgrades and Features
You may have noticed many new features and upgrades to SuperTorrents in the last few months. This past week SuperTorrents moved to a much improved server in an effort to improve page load times and decrease the frequent 500 errors. We would like to thank you, the members, for your donations and suggestions. We are constantly working to improve your experience here at SuperTorrents and we appreciate your interest as well as your donations.

Thanks and enjoy!

-[b]STStaff

buddy
02-28-2007, 04:21 AM
They said something like this the last time they opened for signups.. :dry:

shalako
02-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Still pay for leech tho :/

Skiz
02-28-2007, 06:55 AM

I'm sure there are a few, but it's certainly not happening in excess.

Speeds are great and it's always easy to seed. Supertorrents is still my "go-to" tracker for televisions shows and , imo, one of the more under-rated trackers.

gbilly72
02-28-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm sure there are a few, but it's certainly happening in excess.
Not sure I understand. What's in excess? They offer upload credits but no free leech, which is fine to me.

Skiz
02-28-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm sure there are a few, but it's certainly happening in excess.
Not sure I understand. What's in excess? They offer upload credits but no free leech, which is fine to me.

:lol:

It's supposed to say "not".

Fixed.

Also, their pay to leech is where you donate, and your downloads don't count.

gbilly72
02-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Also, their pay to leech is where you donate, and your downloads don't count.Is that from experience? Because I'm looking at their Donate page and it only talks about upload credits and nothing about downloads not counting. If it's free leech forever, that is retarded.

Skiz
02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Also, their pay to leech is where you donate, and your downloads don't count.Is that from experience? Because I'm looking at their Donate page and it only talks about upload credits and nothing about downloads not counting. If it's free leech forever, that is retarded.

Not at all. It is what I see as typical though in my limited experiences. A donator will get to unlimited leech for a month. Sometimes upload credit.

Skiz
03-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Well, the change is underway.

Invites have been reduced as well as the donation credit amounts. We have added a $50 donation option also. Our final open signups will begin on March 2nd and last for 24 hours only. Tell your friends.

My 34 invites were just reduced to 1.

Xsensei
03-01-2007, 09:09 AM
0 invites on my new account:D still a great tracker for tv shows, good pres(1-5 minutes for tv eps) and good speeds.

marksman
03-01-2007, 11:24 AM

I'm sure there are a few, but it's certainly not happening in excess.

Speeds are great and it's always easy to seed. Supertorrents is still my "go-to" tracker for televisions shows and , imo, one of the more under-rated trackers.

most underrated tracker ever..has always been my go-to tracker..i always loved it

General2k
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Just woke up to find that my 5 invites have turned into 1, ohwell. It is a great tracker and it has changed for the better.

cMw
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, the change is underway.

Invites have been reduced as well as the donation credit amounts. We have added a $50 donation option also. Our final open signups will begin on March 2nd and last for 24 hours only. Tell your friends.My 34 invites were just reduced to 1.

i had 7 and was trying to give them away and of course after they got trimmed 5 ppl pm'd me on another site asking for one..go figure

also pay2leech?? ...come on they made $4820, all that money goes to their servers.. and all u get is some upload cred if u donate..

i have yet to come across a GOOD site that has something where u donate and ur downloads dont count

no point in donating to there unless your doing it to help them keep the site running cause if u cant keep a ratio there :pinch: :frusty:

Timer
03-01-2007, 06:12 PM
My 3 inv got trimmed to 0. Oh well... Still a great site.
About the donation, I have never donated to a torrent site, and I don't think I'm gonna, so i don't really care.

MrMuffin
03-05-2007, 09:34 PM
my 7 also got trimmed to zero, damn it. Should have known earlier, wanted to invite a friend. :(

LubTheStaringCat
03-05-2007, 09:52 PM
I had 18, now got only 2.

Skiz
03-06-2007, 02:43 AM
I had 18, now got only 2.

wtf...my 34 were trimmed to 1. :dry:

0Ri0N
03-06-2007, 02:52 AM
Tonight i tested ST downloading Prison Break, and i got 1.5MB/s. Amazing, ST changed for better for sure! :D