PDA

View Full Version : Hey, What's This In Kazaa's Option Menu?

james_bond_rulez
05-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Ok i got the lastest kazaalite k++ bulid 3. I go to my options->more options and at the bottom there is a box and the option is "prevent other users from getting a list of all your shared files". What does it do?

Is it like, if ppl click "Get more from the same->User (me ;))", they dont see a list? is that it?

Guillaume
05-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Exactly, but that won't prevent them from downloading from you... Wonderful, isn't it?

clocker
05-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Yes.
It is commonly referred to as the privacy patch.
Many people here use it- I do.

whenever I get a craving for some privacy, I just slap i on and the feeling passes... ;)

Ad
05-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Why Use it?? people think that u arn't sharing and cut u off

Man U Supporter
05-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Perhaps we should have a survey to get people to say who has the privacy patch on. I have for one. B)

Dead Inside
05-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@26 May 2003 - 10:02
It's for paranoid skitzophrenics, basicly they all think the riaa is out to get them and don't want people to know what files they have shared. I don't use it.

echidna
05-26-2003, 03:18 PM
i use it too
i think it's a great idea
why does anyone need to know what files i'm sharing?
kazaalite has search after all - if you want a file i've got search and you shall find
it's a very poor way of determining who is sharing
and if you're in north america i think your an idiot not to use it

people are talking of removing the feature - are they copyright narcs? if not why do they need to know? what purpose does it serve? [apart from appeasing paranoia that someone isn't sharing]

there are always a lot of files on kazaa
i find corruption and fake/mislabelled files more of an issue

james_bond_rulez
05-26-2003, 04:03 PM
why would they want to remove it? it's optional and it's up to the users. If u want ppl to see what ur sharing that's great, just uncheck the box. But for ppl with the need for privacy it's also a great tool to keep prying eyes and RIAA outta of ur harddrives

nostalgia
05-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Has anybody received a message via K-lite lately??? I'ver read about it but haven't met anybody yet who got a message e.g. "what you are doing is wrong, the poor musicians aren't getting money".

james_bond_rulez
05-28-2003, 10:57 PM
pff :(

poullos
06-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Poor musicians?!!!! :lol:

Texallen
06-04-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@26 May 2003 - 14:02
I use the No List option. I also hate the "ShareNazis". If you send me a rude IM about "Why aren't you sharing?" and then cut me off,your IP immediately goes on my Blocklist. Maybe one day I'll be in a good mood and remove it but until then you ain't getting shit off my 40 gigs.

clintonesque
06-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Same here Tex

loz
06-04-2003, 08:46 PM
I use the No List option. I also hate the "ShareNazis". If you send me a rude IM about "Why aren't you sharing?" and then cut me off,your IP immediately goes on my Blocklist. Maybe one day I'll be in a good mood and remove it but until then you ain't getting shit off my 40 gigs.

Good for you, I sometimes send out those messages and when you 'block me' well you aren't blocking me my IP changes the next time I disconnect and then reconnect :lol:

Texallen
06-05-2003, 02:58 AM
Well from now on I'll block the entire ISP range just in case it's you. :D :D

Seriously though,dialup does have it's advantages but that's no excuse for rude behavior.

shn
06-05-2003, 10:27 AM
;)

DemolitionMan
06-05-2003, 08:23 PM
hey leave the guy alone he only wanted to know if he was right. for all he knew it could have been some weird microsoft acronym for 'blow up my pc immediately'.

(james_bond_rulez im guessin u can defend urself but im just sayin...)

anyway i say it sucks - im on dialup and i dont care who gets my files - if it slows my stuff down i put up wiv it coz thats the way p2p works.
if ppl wanna know what files u have, maybe its coz they like the same music as you or sumthin! and also now you dont know if sum1 truly isnt sharin and those schizos shouldnt be ere anyway if you dont share you shouldnt be ere.

thats what i say anyway. :D