PDA

View Full Version : Worst Kind Of Music?

pussymasterzee
05-26-2003, 03:36 PM
come on people what do u think is the worst type of music? dont be affraid to critisize but u gotta have a reason u cant just say u have to give a reason. and i dont want to see anyone defending their type of music because that will just cause fights.

i think the worst type of music is rap because its always the same boring repetative beat which kinda gets boring. thats just an opinion B) :-"

Wolfmight
05-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Mixing Heavy Metal and Rap together.... <_<

Heavy metal shall rule

4play
05-26-2003, 03:42 PM
im gonna go with none.

I like some of all types of music.

pussymasterzee
05-26-2003, 03:43 PM
thats a good point actually

heavy metal is the best mixing it with rap kinda spoils it :x

Guillaume
05-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by pussymasterzee@26 May 2003 - 16:36
its always the same boring repetative beat which kinda gets boring.
Wanna talk about repetitive crap, talk about that techno-thingy or whatever they call it&#33; :x

Skweeky
05-26-2003, 03:54 PM
....hardcore...I really can&#39;t stand hardcore....always reminds me of cavemen for some reason...

ksc218
05-26-2003, 04:12 PM
Oldies are the worst when they try to rhyme as many words as they can

Curley
05-26-2003, 04:22 PM
I can&#39;t stand rap.

And please......... don&#39;t let this topic turn into a flame war, people have a right to state their opinions :)

Rocktron
05-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I really really REALLY&#33; get very very VERY&#33; nervous when listening to HOUSE, Gabber, Hardcore and all the other shit they dare to call MUSIC with the hard BOOM BOOM beat innit&#33;

It&#39;s not music people.. it&#39;s creative but not musical&#33;

scribblec
05-26-2003, 04:45 PM
grunger music
like korn or something
becasue they dont tlk and only mumble or shoutinto mike

N£MO
05-26-2003, 04:53 PM
I&#39;m not too keen on classical music or eurovision shite contest winners. :D

Skweeky
05-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron@26 May 2003 - 17:30
I really really REALLY&#33; get very very VERY&#33; nervous when listening to HOUSE, Gabber, Hardcore and all the other shit they dare to call MUSIC with the hard BOOM BOOM beat innit&#33;

/me gives Rocktron a jacket from Rotterdam Terror Corps

:lol: :lol: :lol:

awful, isn&#39;t it?

Rocktron
05-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky@26 May 2003 - 17:55

:lol: :lol: :lol:

awful, isn&#39;t it?
But for a FREE jacket i&#39;ll listen to anything.. :rolleyes: :D

scribblec
05-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@26 May 2003 - 16:53
I&#39;m not too keen on classical music or eurovision shite contest winners. :D
except the turkey snog :P

Skweeky
05-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+26 May 2003 - 17:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 26 May 2003 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Skweeky@26 May 2003 - 17:55

:lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

awful, isn&#39;t it?
But for a FREE jacket i&#39;ll listen to anything.. :rolleyes: :D [/b][/quote]
yup...he&#39;s Dutch

:lol:

Semmi
05-26-2003, 07:23 PM
I can&#39;t stand HARD ROCK.....it gives me headache, when I try to listen that noise they are trying to make.....it is very loud and annoying noise to me....not music....
With House, Trance or something like that is excactly the same effect.....noise....not music
Pop music (britney, aguliera, boy bands) makes me want to vomit, because I can&#39;t stand any kind of music when it isn&#39;t made with heart & soul......

Control_you_3
05-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Rap definately. I mean no offence but most rappers(excepts eminem whos talented) just make up a stupid beat and the job is done. The words dont mean anything and they always talk about women money and bein rich( all their videos are the same&#33;&#33;)
there&#39;s no art in rap

TRshady
05-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron@26 May 2003 - 16:30

I kind of agree, that sort of music is called: &#39;making a noise&#39;.

thegroggman
05-26-2003, 07:35 PM
I would say country...but even in that category I have quite a few songs that I like...so I guess there is no type of music I dont like :blink:

I think every form of music has its highs and lows.

Rollin_On_Dubs420
05-26-2003, 08:49 PM
REGGAE
cant stand it at all
like if i have to listen to most music thats beyond my control i can tolerate most anything...exept reggae
thats stupid beats without words meaning anything ;)

and coldplay

P@uLo
05-26-2003, 09:13 PM
i hate the kind of pop like s club 7, busted and shit like that, they cant play instruments and some even pretend to.

:angry:

PcH
05-26-2003, 09:15 PM
I can stand some Country, but not most.

Tikibonbon
05-26-2003, 09:47 PM
hardcore, a.k.a. straight edge, a.k.a. shite. know i know what happened to all those kids that kept getting beat up at the metal shows. went off and made their own kind of music to look cool to tweeny kids.

BigBank_Hank
05-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Any kinda prefabricated bubble gum pop. YUCK&#33; :nuke:

carbert
05-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Popular Rap music...i cant stand rappers that keep releasing songs that sound the same...all about the money and how good they&#39;re lives are now compared to how they started out...also making up squabbles for publicity and to make more money

Ad
05-27-2003, 02:48 AM
I thnink u all know what i&#39;m gonna say starts with R ends with P A in the middle :lol: basically coz there is no melody or instruments so I don&#39;t consider it music so pleae no war about this ok&#33;&#33;&#33;

Techno repedative sound from a computer by pressing a button makes me wanna say shut up&#33;&#33;

Nu Metal Coz its not metal should be called something else

Teen Pop well ill say no more Tits and ass is all its about

slammy_dunken
05-27-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by scribblec@26 May 2003 - 10:45
grunger music
like korn or something
becasue they dont tlk and only mumble or shoutinto mike
Korn&#39;s not grunge. Grunge is a mix of Pop and Rock music, like Soundgarden, NIRVANA, or Smashing Pumpkins. Korn is more of a Heavy Metal thing.

Anyways, what I can&#39;t stand is rap music. If I get flamed for that, I don&#39;t care. I just hate rap. All the people do is talk throughout the whole thing, looking like idiots.

shesmylovernow
05-27-2003, 05:13 AM
What do you call Slipknot? Is that deathmetal or something? I dunno, whatever genre it is, I can&#39;t stand it. Loud yelling and power chords. Ugh. I can&#39;t take it. Sounds like those guys are in some serious physical pain or something.

Most rap is terrible, Eminem included. Masogyny (sp) and violence just don&#39;t entertain me. Some acts, like Jurassic 5, for example, I can stand. However, those are few and far between.

Bubblegum pop just irritates me. Whether it&#39;s Britney or Christina or Avril, it&#39;s all the same to me. Manufactured crap.

2nd gen noob
05-27-2003, 01:23 PM
rock
rock and roll
hard rock
soft rock
prog rock
metal
heavy metal
nu metal
grunge
punk (especially teeny punk)
"rock rap" (sometimes but not always)
country
techno
"dance"
happy hardcore
"house"

reasons are pretty much the same for all these types.
the "music" is just annoying. simple as that

Ad
05-27-2003, 01:29 PM
rock
rock and roll
hard rock
soft rock
prog rock
metal
heavy metal
nu metal
grunge
country
techno
"dance"
happy hardcore
"house"

he&#39;s joking I think or are u related to dontcare? :lol: :P

2nd gen noob
05-27-2003, 01:31 PM
totally serious

edit: no, i&#39;m not related to dontcare, i&#39;m amphoteric88
re-edit: let&#39;s not start this again

Ad
05-27-2003, 01:38 PM
totally serious

oh well everyones entilted to their opioin

pussymasterzee
05-27-2003, 04:23 PM
rock
rock and roll
hard rock
soft rock
prog rock
metal
heavy metal
nu metal
grunge
country
techno
"dance"
happy hardcore
"house"

what do u like????? ;)

melgl
05-27-2003, 05:50 PM
British rap and all that techno crap.garage,house :angry: .....b4 anyone starts i love rap..yank style :D
rock..anystyle... :D

god-of-rock
05-27-2003, 06:01 PM
There&#39;s a lot of music I really don&#39;t like; almost everything that involves a computer in the making process...

What I really HATE though, is black & death metal... think it&#39;s because of the vocalists: they all sound like they&#39;re puking... and it might have to do that I&#39;ve met a couple of death-mettalers in my time, and they&#39;re all bloody losers

I&#39;ll let one band pass though; finnish Children of Bodom, they still got elements of real music in their songs (you can actually hear the riffs and drums, it&#39;s not like "brrrrSATANSATANbrrrrbrrrrrSATAN&#39;sCOOLbrrrrbrrrrr" all the time)

Rocktron
05-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by god-of-rock@27 May 2003 - 19:01
There&#39;s a lot of music I really don&#39;t like; almost everything that involves a computer in the making process...

What I really HATE though, is black & death metal... think it&#39;s because of the vocalists: they all sound like they&#39;re puking... and it might have to do that I&#39;ve met a couple of death-mettalers in my time, and they&#39;re all bloody losers

I&#39;ll let one band pass though; finnish Children of Bodom, they still got elements of real music in their songs (you can actually hear the riffs and drums, it&#39;s not like "brrrrSATANSATANbrrrrbrrrrrSATAN&#39;sCOOLbrrrrbrrrrr" all the time)
Children of Bodom Rules&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m listening to it now as we speak&#33; :lol:

Great band&#33;

melgl
05-27-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Control_you_3@26 May 2003 - 20:31
Rap definately. I mean no offence but most rappers(excepts eminem whos talented) just make up a stupid beat and the job is done. The words dont mean anything and they always talk about women money and bein rich( all their videos are the same&#33;&#33;)
there&#39;s no art in rap
??????????all Em talks about his women, no money and being poor :D

Someone_Else
05-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by god-of-rock@27 May 2003 - 19:01

you might not like the vocal style but that doesnt mean you have to start bashing on them. Everyone that plays or listen to black &death metal is a bloody loser? Arent you a little fast on judging people? Also if you think all they scream is "brrrgree satan brrr grhharhg 666 satan" then you need to listen again because i listen to a lot of death metal and I dont hear satan mentioned that often at all. you&#39;re just generalising everything.

All black & death metal fans are losers and satanists

good job there.

Also if you cant hear the guitar and drums in metal you need better ears beacause i can hear the drums and the guitars just fine. The only thing a little hard to figure out are the lyrics sometimes but with a few listen u get it.

Semmi
05-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Someone_Else@27 May 2003 - 20:49

you might not like the vocal style but that doesnt mean you have to start bashing on them. Everyone that plays or listen to black &death metal is a bloody loser? Arent you a little fast on judging people? Also if you think all they scream is "brrrgree satan brrr grhharhg 666 satan" then you need to listen again because i listen to a lot of death metal and I dont hear satan mentioned that often at all. you&#39;re just generalising everything.

the thing is that ALL the people who are bashing some kind of music (especially rap/hiphop) are generalising.....do you really think that when you hear some song from the radio and dislike it then you momentaraly can make a judgement : rap sucks big time......same goes with every other style of music.......how you can say that hiphop isn&#39;t a music? you even don&#39;t care to listen to it....you make a judgement listening only maybe 0,5% of songs that this music genre has to offer.......I dislike music that are not interesting enough to make me listen&#33; but I have never said that House or Hard Rock isn&#39;t music.........every combination of sounds may be music.........where is that wise book that defines a word music.........music is everywhere......with different people there are different tastes......we all listen to music to get some feeling from it........serious music makes us think, sad music makes us remember, joyful music makes us move our arse, and once and awhile there are some songs that gives us this great feeling - something that I cannot describe........so defend your favourite kind of music, but never stop to peep into other genres....there may be hidden some gems for you&#33; peace&#33;

edit : bloody english&#33; sorry my grammar is terrible.....

melgl
05-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Semmi+27 May 2003 - 21:38--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Semmi @ 27 May 2003 - 21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Someone_Else@27 May 2003 - 20:49

the thing is that ALL the people who are bashing some kind of music (especially rap/hiphop) are generalising.....do you really think that when you hear some song from the radio and dislike it then you momentaraly can make a judgement : rap sucks big time......same goes with every other style of music.......how you can say that hiphop isn&#39;t a music? you even don&#39;t care to listen to it....you make a judgement listening only maybe 0,5% of songs that this music genre has to offer.......I dislike music that are not interesting enough to make me listen&#33; but I have never said that House or Hard Rock isn&#39;t music.........every combination of sounds may be music.........where is that wise book that defines a word music.........music is everywhere......with different people there are different tastes......we all listen to music to get some feeling from it........serious music makes us think, sad music makes us remember, joyful music makes us move our arse, and once and awhile there are some songs that gives us this great feeling - something that I cannot describe........so defend your favourite kind of music, but never stop to peep into other genres....there may be hidden some gems for you&#33; peace&#33;

edit : bloody english&#33; sorry my grammar is terrible..... [/b][/quote]
ditto B) :D

god-of-rock
05-27-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Someone_Else@27 May 2003 - 19:49
All black & death metal fans are losers and satanists

good job there.
I wasn&#39;t talking &#39;bout black & death metal fans, but the performing artists in big black metal bands... As I re-read my post I noticed that I didn&#39;t make that clear, and I&#39;m truly sorry for stepping on all you fans&#39; toes...

I&#39;ll give you an excample, but I&#39;m not gonna use no names: this guy is playing in one of the biggest bands in the black metal scene, when he wanna have a good time he brings girls to his house and give &#39;em enough liquer to make Lemmy dead-drunk then he carries them to his bedroom and rapes them... that&#39;s what I call a fucking loser and if you disagree you&#39;re probably one, too...

Ad
05-28-2003, 03:10 AM
lol
why did the thread have to start :sleeping: :sleeping:

Tikibonbon
05-28-2003, 04:23 AM
hate ta tell ya, but death maetal isn&#39;t necessarily about satan. norse mythology and other mythology play a huge part of it. bloody losers? i listen to death metal and am quite well educated, active in my community and church, and just an all around happy person.

jetje
05-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Well i cleaned out a lot by now... not going to do that again...

keep the lively discussions but try not to offend or have to long tows...

If you can&#39;t stand it no more leave the topic.... Not start stupid flamery...

Well i have no taste i like all music....
But have some that i don&#39;t lik that much... don&#39;t like the cursing swaearing in for instance gangsta rappin...
it&#39;s not functional anymore when you say f*ck every 2 words...
I can agree for a part with God of rock in the death/trash metal... sme times it&#39;s to much for me and also hardcore house can be a "make me get out of the bar" noice after i hear the 5th one in a row...
But mostly depends on the mood i&#39;m in...

Last remark, someone in this topic told he couldn&#39;t stand reggea cause the lyrics were about nothin&#39;
think you need to listen&#39; to some Bob marleys... song like get up stand up etc.. (and a lot more)...

Rollin_On_Dubs420
05-28-2003, 11:37 AM
that was me but i said that cause someone said the same things about rap lyrics and beats as i said
im sure reggae has lots to say but for the love of god i cant stand that crap

Ad
05-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Well reggee does have a nice sycapated rythem which makes it unique

Celerystalksme
05-28-2003, 01:00 PM
Music is Music and true Musicians should learn to tolerate all music no matter what it is...I can listen to everything and i can still find positives about the music...whether it be the riffs, beats, lyrics, sampling or whatever...A musician can dislike a fellow musician because of the other musicians character but not the musicians music...And i know people are going to say "but i am not a musicians so you can get f*cked"...Well i don&#39;t give a sh&#33;t...This is my opinion and i stand by it... :P

Someone_Else
05-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@28 May 2003 - 14:00
Music is Music and true Musicians should learn to tolerate all music no matter what it is...I can listen to everything and i can still find positives about the music...whether it be the riffs, beats, lyrics, sampling or whatever...A musician can dislike a fellow musician because of the other musicians character but not the musicians music...And i know people are going to say "but i am not a musicians so you can get f*cked"...Well i don&#39;t give a sh&#33;t...This is my opinion and i stand by it... :P
a computer aint a musician to me so eventho i am one, i dislike stuff not made by musicians.. ie rap.

WolverineDK
05-28-2003, 08:23 PM
the worst music ? hmmm that was a toughie
because i like lot of music genres so it beats me what i do not like
:)

Jayhawk
05-29-2003, 04:28 AM
mixing anything with country i hate country to depressing
rap just not my style not a fan of that at all

hypoluxa3k
05-29-2003, 07:37 AM
rap is dead. :(
RnB is the worst around&#33; :angry:
oh, and dance music, the kinda shit they play in ibiza. <_<

apart from that i like most music.

N£MO
05-29-2003, 07:44 AM
Turkish music is the worst kind.

Opera sux too.(not the browser either)

hypoluxa3k
05-29-2003, 07:56 AM
i like turkish music, big women bellydancing, now that&#39;s what i LIKE&#33; :rolleyes:

Rocktron
05-29-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@28 May 2003 - 13:16
Well reggee does have a nice sycapated rythem which makes it unique
Reggae is my life&#33; :lol:
I can&#39;t stand 1 day without it&#33;

I listen to metal as well. I love that too because of the power is gives.
People who say that metal lovers are satanists are dumb&#33;
Metal is pure fun&#33; Try to play it... it&#39;s really hard to do it right you know?

Good music is hard to play, like Reggae.. i have never heard 1 (white) Reggae band that sounded real&#33;
Because you have to FEEL IT and keep it simpel and EMPTY.. (the art of leaving out) (de kunst van het weglaten)

House music and all the other Boom Boom stuff (as i said before) are nice to dance on but are NOT musical&#33;
Nobody will remember those songs after a few years&#33; You get those cd&#39;s for free at the shopping-centre..
This music is made to make MONEY and not to bring a message. No REAL instruments are used to make that crap&#33;
None of those songs will ever make the top 100..
I can make some House music in 5 minutes with ONE FINGER melody&#39;s like all the other stuff.

Okay sorry.. i just hate that crap&#33; :angry:

hypoluxa3k
05-29-2003, 08:19 AM
"I can make some House music in 5 minutes with ONE FINGER melody&#39;s like all the other stuff."
me too :D

and with that, mon freres, i have reached 100 posts&#33;

HUZZAH&#33;&#33;&#33;

TheDave
05-30-2003, 12:44 AM
i hate it when people just fucking wail, it gives me a headache. are we supposed to admire theyre voice. i mean it physically hurts me i have to break things. is it a mental condition?

i have to say i cant hate a genre, with the exception of the thing going on in the UK where people are slowing down old happy hardcore classics and giving them sexy videos so 12 year old car slags put em in the top ten. whoever it was totally destroyed heart of gold and i only hope they are hit by a bus.

i think kids should be given sticks with rusty nails in, and use flip n fill and kelly llorena as pinyatas

Lilmiss
05-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Jayhawk@29 May 2003 - 04:28

:o

i hate techno, trance, acid....whatever its called now, it all sounds the same to me. :)

if it doesnt make me dance, sing, laugh or cry its not worth going on.

Tyke
05-30-2003, 06:27 PM
The worst music?

Any of the "Popstars" no-talent show bands. That&#39;s the worst kind of churned-out crap.

The other one has to be bad pub rock bands, with guitarists who think they&#39;re the next Jimi Hendrix, when in reality they&#39;re closer to the next Jimmy Saville.

Apart from that, all kinds of music have their merits. I hate techno, I hate "club" music but there is a talent involved in good DJ&#39;ing.

I guess the worst kind is any genre which is done badly, especially when it&#39;s churned out by record companies to make another fast buck. I sometimes wonder if kazaa really was killing the music industry, whether that would be an altogether bad thing&#33;

Lilmiss
05-30-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Jayhawk@29 May 2003 - 04:28

:o

i hate techno, trance, acid....whatever its called now, it all sounds the same to me. :)

if it doesnt make me dance, sing, laugh or cry its not worth going on.

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 06:41 PM
any so-called "pop" music is utter shit.
occasionaly a decent artist is put under this genre, being misrepresented in my view.
Ian Brown, for example.

N£MO
05-30-2003, 06:43 PM
I can&#39;t stand church choir music,all that echo and la di da&#39;s.Nasty music,some say its the devils music :devil:

Turkish music is bad too,the dancers are hot though. :D

fallenknight308
05-30-2003, 07:36 PM
I hate Ska&#33;&#33; Whoever came up with that shit should be shot&#33;
And pop music can get down and "service" me aswell :lol:
You heard me britney ;)

AlanPartridge
05-30-2003, 10:46 PM
freestyle jazz

Guillaume
05-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by fallenknight308@30 May 2003 - 20:36
I hate Ska&#33;&#33; Whoever came up with that shit should be shot&#33;

Then you&#39;ll have to travel back in time and nuke Jamaica in the 50s&#33;&#33;&#33; :P But, if you&#39;re refering to bands (like No Doubt) that pretend to play ska, feel free to do it, I might even help you in the process&#33;

Tyke
05-30-2003, 11:08 PM
No doubt is ska&#33;&#33;????

news to me&#33;

insanebassman
05-30-2003, 11:09 PM
Music made for nothing other than money. If it has no soul, of some sort, it is like necrophilia. Music should be for the love of making music, not because you are an industry whore.

Guillaume
05-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Tyke@31 May 2003 - 00:08
No doubt is ska&#33;&#33;????

news to me&#33;
Well, that&#39;s what they dared say&#33; And some jerks actually believe them... :angry:

Clear Illusions
05-31-2003, 05:17 PM
"Power Pop" (Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Sum 41, ect...) and most mainstream Rock and Rap

Someone_Else
05-31-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Clear Illusions@31 May 2003 - 18:17
"Power Pop" (Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Sum 41, ect...) and most mainstream Rock and Rap
and you got a staind logo? lol

marine_aart
05-31-2003, 08:41 PM
I hate those busted wannaB&#39;s :P

Clear Illusions
06-01-2003, 01:31 AM
"and you got a staind logo? lol"

Hence I used the word MOST... :P

krholmes56
06-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by jetje@28 May 2003 - 10:25

But have some that i don&#39;t lik that much... don&#39;t like the cursing swaearing in for instance gangsta rappin...
it&#39;s not functional anymore when you say f*ck every 2 words...

yea i agree it not that i dont like rap but some of its well just to much.some other music i dont like is well uhh those preppy boybands(b2k,backstreet boys,nsync,dream,ect........)and a few other things like oldies,grunge,most country,and ofcorse lip syncers :rolleyes: