PDA

View Full Version : I am a war orphan

kayvanblue
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I am a war orphan and think of them often.
i was just reading the other Thread about whether US. should attack iran or not! it saded me to see some people still supporting the war....Dont we have enough war orphans in iraq already? or here in america?

GepperRankins
03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
you're obviously a propagandist pushing a radical far left position :mellow:

100%
03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Dario is a refugee from Bosnia, yes he got shot in the leg during the war and went through hell and back to get where he is now.
Sasha the same.
Dario however does not a miss a chance to tell anybody about it and make sure to condescend on you with it.
That is his failure.
Sasha on the other hand condescends on people like Dario.

I doubt i can come up with a genius statement about the the stupidity of war and its effects on those involved, I will leave that to those who make victims

kayvanblue
03-01-2007, 07:58 PM
you're obviously a propagandist pushing a radical far left position :mellow:

I am NO propagandist.

GepperRankins
03-01-2007, 10:06 PM
:dabs: i was just taking the piss out of bill o'reilly

sry for you loss and that stuff

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Confirmed, I assumed The Geppster was being ironic as well. I didn't know it was some chap called O'Reilly but I did know he wasn't ripping the pish out of the poster.

Kayvan, no-one is mocking your situation, he was just using it to make a different point. I can see how, not knowing the chap you may not have realised that.

Confluence
03-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I'm no supporter of the war. However I can see how pulling out would have it's own complications as well, leaving me a bit undecided.

I noticed the 'we want your oil!' in Geppsters personal status, that made me laugh.

100%
03-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Children

GepperRankins
03-01-2007, 11:36 PM
sorry to be drunk and all but yeah.

the thing that most annoys me is that world peace is possible in a second. if everyone realised there was no need to kill at the same time or sth. i'll tell you what. some insult al gore and i'll fix this tomorrow

macking
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
LOL world peace?

Never.. this war on islam.. sorry i mean terror will last quite a while more.

After its over fortunes will change and the west will no longer be the leaders, a new bully called China will arise and do to the west what the west have done to many other races and religions for centuries.

I wonder whoose going to rise after China and then bully them?

bigboab
03-22-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't think China will become all that super. They have not started fighting over land possession yet, or have they? Once that starts then China will fragment into the various existing factions. This will probably end up with a few smaller super powers within the area that is China at the moment. Each watching each others back. They are unlikely to 'break out' of their present borders because they are virtually surrounded by traditional enemies on all sides.

zapjb
03-23-2007, 03:20 AM
As a US citizen. And proud of my country.

I am disgusted & am sickened of my government actions & policies in Iraq & Afghanistan.

And if any of the US problems can be solved by war. It should be against Saudi's royal family.

There is nothing to be gained for the US against Iraq, Afghanistan or even Iran.

But holding the Saudi royal family responsible for funding virtually all terrorism. And stopping this funding. This would help the US & it's allies.

I say US out of Iraq & Afghanistan now.

Confluence
03-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Thats good to hear, and I agree. However though some of your people might think that, problem is the higher authorities of your country think otherwise, or have a plan which benefits them (Or possibly not) or are scared/too stubborn of the consequences of pulling out.

As for China, I don't think they WANT to posess land. Rather, gain economic/trade power. Which they are well set on their way to achieve (at least so far.) I say that China will continue to grow in that way for quite a qhile yet, as there's no real competition in that way against them. The only main problem they have is exploitation of the people in labour, which if some people stand up or protest about it, whether in China or overseas. However, then again she is communist and theres nowt the workers could do, even if they did strike or the similar. There's plenty more willing to replace them, it's over populated as it is and there's many desperate for any work whatsoever, however menial it is.