PDA

View Full Version : ADVISE mE

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Sky One not on Virgin Media.

Thinking about Usenet Account agin'.

Must have TV stuff, particularly Stargate SG1 and Atlantis.

Free Usenet pish for TV downloads.

Provide advice, with reasons.

Thanks.

Alien5
03-01-2007, 09:03 PM
why not do what manker did and blag an invite (through me) to bitmetv
it has everything and fast DL speed, hundreds of seeders on those popular shows.

bunny67
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
ntl/viginmedia wankers i noticed just now sky1 as gone

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Allen,

That would be nice, I hadn't thought of that. If you could give me an invite I would very much appreciate it.

Barbarossa
03-01-2007, 09:16 PM
ntl/viginmedia wankers i noticed just now sky1 as gone

Who is at fault here - Virgin or Sky? I need to know.

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Both I think.

I also think there's more to it than just this one contract thing.

So long as I can get my stargate stuff I'm not that bothered but.

Particliarly if Virgin come good with the 20MB interwebs by June and moving towards 50 in the near future.

Alien5
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
@Mr JP Fugley

im trying to get you bitmetv hopefully someone has a spare one.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Particliarly if Virgin come good with the 20MB interwebs by June and moving towards 50 in the near future.

zomfg!1 wear did ewe here that?:o

they'd better not introduce download limits, like:mellow:

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 10:11 PM
@Mr JP Fugley

im trying to get you bitmetv hopefully someone has a spare one.

Cheers mate, if it has me programmes I would genuinely appreciate the effort.

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 10:14 PM

zomfg!1 wear did ewe here that?:o

they'd better not introduce download limits, like:mellow:

They've already done field tests on the 20MB and are planning making it available in a few months. The 50 tests will come a bit later.

They are currently saying no download limits.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
orsum, orsum to the max:smilie4:

still can't watch futurama on the tellybox though:dry:

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
That's bad for other people. However if I can download the SKY1 stuff I want, but get other things from Virgin Media, than it's all good.

e.g the free TV on demand is getting much better and they are adding more partners in the near future. Have you checked on-demand recently, it's worth a look.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
That's bad for other people. However if I can download the SKY1 stuff I want, but get other things from Virgin Media, than it's all good.

e.g the free TV on demand is getting much better and they are adding more partners in the near future. Have you checked on-demand recently, it's worth a look.

Ja, I watched the office on it earlier. I wonder if they'll fix it so it doesn't come up with "Service tempoarily unavailable" nearly every fecking time.

I could always watch sky1 on the big telly downstairs, like, we've already got the super mega uber sky+ package. I just have the one up from the basic package telewest thing in teh bedroom, cause it comes free with the interweb, like.

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I've never saw that "Service tempoarily unavailable".

Why don't you just link the SkyTV to your one in the bedroom then have both.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 10:40 PM
cause it's not mine, I don't think me ma would appreciate me thieving the tellybox out the living room:unsure:

edit: the service temporarily unavailable message seems to happen mostly when I try to watch something at loiyke 1-3am, perhaps they update it then or something

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 10:44 PM
cause it's not mine, I don't think me ma would appreciate me thieving the tellybox out the living room:unsure:

edit: the service temporarily unavailable message seems to happen mostly when I try to watch something at loiyke 1-3am, perhaps they update it then or something

I meant split the signal after it was decoded, rather than actually nick your Mam's telly stuff. Or even better, you can get another Sky box for about 10 or 15 squids a month. Then it splits the signal and you own box decodes it.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Splitting the signal would be a right piss about, the tellybox is two floors below me.

Already got a second sky box, like, in my brother's bedroom.

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Splitting the signal would be a right piss about, the tellybox is two floors below me.

Already got a second sky box, like, in my brother's bedroom.

The answer's obvious then. Nick his.

If he complains, punch his cunt in.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Good idea:smilie4:

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
You know it makes sence.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Are your menus and stuff all black and yellow like the ones on the information channel thingy? Mine are still blue n say telewest:unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Mine haven't changed, colourwise. I was NTL and the menus look the same.

There's a new version of PCGuard (or whatever) btw. I've not downloaded it yet but. I will soon. I like the idea that anti-virus software upgrades every few hours.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
It's still as annoyingly slow, like:no:

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM
What's slow.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
using the menus, changing channel, opening any of the on demand stuff etc.
I dunno about NTL, but telewest has always been fookin terrible for being slow.

Colt Seevers
03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
My mates just signed up with this Virgin mob and he got upgraded to 10mb (the cunt) whereas I'm stuck on 1mb down due to my distance from the exchange, and I'm the one who gets letters from Pipex saying I've abused their Fair Usage Policy or whateverthefuckitscalled. :( Time to move to a cable area...

Anyway this Sky malarkey, I see it says Freeview is next for the chop? Doesn't really bother me, I download all my good shows, and only watch council telly fir the news. Like every time I turn the box on it's some Celebrity Fat Club pishy reality TV gayness anyway.

Proper Bo
03-01-2007, 11:28 PM
I saw the add for the pipex interweb earlier, 10mb with a 2gb monthly limit:no:

Alien5
03-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Celebrity Fat Club :glag:

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 11:46 PM
using the menus, changing channel, opening any of the on demand stuff etc.
I dunno about NTL, but telewest has always been fookin terrible for being slow.

Not slow for me. However I was talking to a chap today who had a similar problem and also things like interactive would freeze, so he had to re-boot the box.

He got an engineer out and they opened the box in his street and did something with the signal and the whole shebang got faster.

Sorry if that was too technical like.

Mr JP Fugley
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
My mates just signed up with this Virgin mob and he got upgraded to 10mb (the cunt) whereas I'm stuck on 1mb down due to my distance from the exchange, and I'm the one who gets letters from Pipex saying I've abused their Fair Usage Policy or whateverthefuckitscalled. :( Time to move to a cable area...

Anyway this Sky malarkey, I see it says Freeview is next for the chop? Doesn't really bother me, I download all my good shows, and only watch council telly fir the news. Like every time I turn the box on it's some Celebrity Fat Club pishy reality TV gayness anyway.

Yup they're taking their stuff away from Freeview.

And also they are probly starting their own terrestrial digital channels.

My instincts tell me that Branson is doing a good thing in resisting them. I'm not convinced Murdoch is really a big fan of competition or freedom of expression.

I'm given to understand that Fox News may be guilty of mild political bias.

callum
03-02-2007, 12:24 AM

Yup they're taking their stuff away from Freeview.

And also they are probly starting their own terrestrial digital channels.

My instincts tell me that Branson is doing a good thing in resisting them. I'm not convinced Murdoch is really a big fan of competition or freedom of expression.

I'm given to understand that Fox News may be guilty of mild political bias.

Setanta seem to be taking a similar cuntish attitude, with monthly subscription only through top up tv on freeview. It might have something to do with the codes being on the internet for one off games, but when there's only a half a dozen games a year worth watching, it seems a bit of a waste.

callum
03-02-2007, 12:27 AM
The half a dozen games I speak of are the only ones rangers play well.

I thought i'd better get in first with that.

Colt Seevers
03-02-2007, 12:41 AM

What?! Next you will be telling us Wee Bazza is SPL player of the Year! :ph34r: :P

callum
03-02-2007, 01:05 AM

What?! Next you will be telling us Wee Bazza is SPL player of the Year! :ph34r: :P

Not quite :P

I was rather amazed to see this in the paper last week

Bazza or Gazza

Is Barry Ferguson now better than Paul Gascoigne and Brian Laudrup. Email us now

In time he may be fit to lace their boots, but only if the boot lacer guy is on his holidays.

bunny67
03-02-2007, 02:22 AM
a man from sky called to see me today £15 a month all channels forever think ill be leaving virgin/media

Mr JP Fugley
03-02-2007, 05:35 PM

You must be looking forward to the run in. There's only a few games left to go and you'll be playing well in 6 of them. :O

Colt Seevers
03-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Is Barry Ferguson now better than Paul Gascoigne and Brian Laudrup. Email us nowIn time he may be fit to lace their boots, but only if the boot lacer guy is on his holidays.[/quote]

:blink:

You must be looking forward to the run in. There's only a few games left to go and you'll be playing well in 6 of them. :O

I've got a bad feeling about next old firm match... :huh: Bad as in I think the 'tic will get beat, Gers are due a turn, and now with this new renaissance of Super Barry power..who knows... :ermm:

Mr JP Fugley
03-02-2007, 09:15 PM
You know, I don't give a flying fuck, seriously.

Obviously I want to win, that goes without saying. However it would be a real laugh to watch them celebrating winning one game and fuck all trophies.

We're actually playing pish just now, but it's difficult for me to get excited about what is essentially a meaningless game to us.

And also, I'm really enjoying watching the Jambos getting fucked just now. It's great car crash football. It's more fun than watching the harry hun, they're kind of like a non-entity.

Jagarga
03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
good old jambo cunts best team in scotland they told us, now look at them.
sky were asking for too much money, virgin told them to fuck off, check the full page ad's both rented in the tabloids.

Mr JP Fugley
03-03-2007, 07:06 PM
As long as I can get me stargate I dodn't give a toss about sky one.

I doubt if they can afford to lose the Virgin sport and movie viewers.