PDA

View Full Version : St Anger

Control_you_3
05-26-2003, 07:23 PM
I just downoaded off www.simplemp3s.com st anger(studio copy) and Personally I think its not what I expected. I don't really see any solos.
Please tell me what you think if you have it
thx

edit:

sorry guys it might be a fake I have no idea... I hope to the real one comes out soon so i can rewrite a post sayin good stuff about the album

freakydude
05-26-2003, 07:40 PM
im getting it off of kazaa right now

downloaded

i dunno thought it was pretty good not the best though

Ad
05-27-2003, 02:41 AM
The Black album chagned Metallica's sound

Edit Typo

Jibbler
05-27-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Control_you_3@26 May 2003 - 15:23
I just downoaded off www.simplemp3s.com st anger(studio copy) and Personally I think its not what I expected. I don't really see any solos, and the rythms are almost the same.
Please tell me what you think if you have it
thx
Fucking spammer. :spam: Stop posting your bullshit here. The CD isn't out yet, you should know better. You can't review what you don't have. :huh:

Ad
05-27-2003, 03:27 AM
Fucking spammer.  Stop posting your bullshit here. The CD isn't out yet, you should know better. You can't review what you don't have. 

Yes i didnt think it was out either post a hash Control_you_3 to prove it <_<

Jibbler
05-27-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@26 May 2003 - 22:41
The Black ambum chagned Metallicas sound
Yes, you&#39;re right. And Justice For All was the last truly great Metallica CD. :)

ezyryder
05-27-2003, 02:37 PM
As was Master of Puppets and Ride The Lightning. However I worry about this new album St. Anger, but on the 9th of June (uk wise) we shall know for sure how good Metallica have become again. However, i heavily doubt this lover of spam has heard St. Anger. If there was to be a leak of any sorts, it would be Frantic, the albums single.

However metallica have recently preformed a frantic, st anger etc live in fillmore, so there may be a bootlegged copy out there.

Evil Fish
05-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by freakydude@26 May 2003 - 19:40

downloaded

all of the ones on kazaa are extreme fakes. I feel sry for all of you who think you&#39;ve already heard it...

but don&#39;t worry, it premiers on mtv2 in less than 40 minutes so you will finally get to hear it :D

hellraiser
05-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Actually I found a website that does claim to have the studio copy and retail copy of St. Anger. I tried downloading the retail version but it was taking forever to download. Check it out for yourself at Just-MP3s (http://www.mp3files.nu/album.viewalbum.php?id=1009)

Evil Fish
05-27-2003, 05:17 PM
well, i suppose it is possibel considering i just found out that howard stern and a few other people got copies early. but... i dunno...

edit: this site is full of shit, its all fake. i just downloaded some of the songs and they were all fakes.

hellraiser
05-27-2003, 05:26 PM
totally fake bull. I tried downloading the first track and i got a notepad file. Then I tried downloading the title track and it gave me some other shit file. The album is definetely not out yet. :angry:

Evil Fish
05-27-2003, 05:32 PM
well howard stern has it... and i&#39;ve already seen the music video for st. anger twice. so saying "the album is definately not out yet" is a bit over doing it.

hellraiser
05-27-2003, 05:39 PM
not out on the net is what i meant. ;)

primo
05-27-2003, 05:44 PM
all the fakes on kazaa i think are of a section of Orion that keeps looping

Evil Fish
05-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by primo@27 May 2003 - 17:44
all the fakes on kazaa i think are of a section of Orion that keeps looping
uh, what :unsure:

Evil Fish
05-27-2003, 06:01 PM
I just started downloading the video on kazaa, previewed it and its REAL. I&#39;ll post the hash as soon as its done :D

edit: i just posted the hash here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=38052)

Control_you_3
05-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@27 May 2003 - 03:27

Fucking spammer. Stop posting your bullshit here. The CD isn&#39;t out yet, you should know better. You can&#39;t review what you don&#39;t have.

Yes i didnt think it was out either post a hash

Hey calm down Im not trying to do anything against metallica. I got off simple mp3s and it should be the real one . I can&#39;t post a hash cauz i don t know how to do one (yet). Go to the site and check it out

Please stop and think before sending everyone to fuck off. no harm meant i was just saying what i thought cauz i actually believed it was true&#33;&#33;
sorry for being stupid :blink: &#33;

hellraiser
05-27-2003, 07:00 PM
you&#39;re so full of it. the album is nowhere to be found on simplemp3s.com <_<

Control_you_3
05-27-2003, 07:04 PM
sorry i thought it was simple mp3s but it was 21st century mp3s :P they work together

Evil Fish
05-27-2003, 07:11 PM
um everyone calm down. i&#39;ve got the answer. the current album circulating "Metallica_-_St.Anger-(Retail)-2003-RVL.rar" as it is called on irc is an extreme fake. it is actually a bunch of singles that they rejected for older albums. you can download them on kazaa easily. so if you download something that is supposed to be metallica&#39;s st. anger just remember that it will be a fake and just wait til june 9th when it comes out. I&#39;m gonna keep looking until then and i&#39;ll let you guys know if I find something that is real.

and remember to check my post with the st. anger video hash :D

BigBank_Hank
05-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Evil Fish were you able to complete your dl? I am having a difficult time find a sources for that file :(

BigBank_Hank
05-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Never mind I finally got it to start, it took a while b/c this is a new file and not many people have it. I could only find 1 person that had it, now there&#39;s at least 2.

shiban
05-27-2003, 11:46 PM
I&#39;ll say this, I heard the first single today on the radio. "St. Anger"

Really heavy sound, but no guitar. There was no solo at all. :angry: I was dissapointed. (No shock there though)

They haven&#39;t had a really good album since "Justice"

Of course I&#39;ll buy the disc like I have every other one. We&#39;ll just have to wait and see if it&#39;s worth it. :(

Sony
05-27-2003, 11:55 PM
yeah i heard it to on the Radio and i was like....WTF there are no riffs on the song

it is the same sound as SOAD but more faster, all i heard was drums.

and the lyrics sucked to, god damn i hope the rest of the record is better or i will not buy this New Metal shit

freakydude
05-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Evil Fish+27 May 2003 - 15:20--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Fish @ 27 May 2003 - 15:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--freakydude@26 May 2003 - 19:40

downloaded

all of the ones on kazaa are extreme fakes. I feel sry for all of you who think you&#39;ve already heard it...

but don&#39;t worry, it premiers on mtv2 in less than 40 minutes so you will finally get to hear it :D [/b][/quote]
yeah it was fake. i heard it on mtv2 and it was ok. nothing great or nothing. i hope the album will be better or this could be the end of metallica.

Evil Fish
05-28-2003, 12:18 AM
I don&#39;t know whats wrong with you poseurs. the song fucking rocked and the lyrics were great. it didn&#39;t have a solo because the bridge was so fat, don&#39;t any of you people know about writing songs??

as for the video, at the time of the premier this morning there were only two people on kazaa that had it (including me) i&#39;ve now taken the liberty to send it to another person personally through aim and at leaste five people have downloaded it from me so it should be less rare by now.

yeah i heard it to on the Radio and i was like....WTF there are no riffs on the song

and the lyrics sucked to, god damn i hope the rest of the record is better or i will not buy this New Metal shit
learn some fucking grammer dumb ass

Jibbler
05-28-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Evil Fish@27 May 2003 - 20:18
I don&#39;t know whats wrong with you poseurs.&nbsp; the song fucking rocked and the lyrics were great.&nbsp; it didn&#39;t have a solo because the bridge was so fat, don&#39;t any of you people know about writing songs??

With all due respect, I don&#39;t give a shit about how music is written. It has to be pleasing to my ears, and this song was average at best. I&#39;ll give praise when praise is due, and this song was disappointing. :huh:

Edit: The CD is still not out yet. If you are lucky, there might be a rip of this by the weekend.

shiban
05-28-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Evil Fish@27 May 2003 - 19:18
I don&#39;t know whats wrong with you poseurs. the song fucking rocked and the lyrics were great. it didn&#39;t have a solo because the bridge was so fat, don&#39;t any of you people know about writing songs??

as for the video, at the time of the premier this morning there were only two people on kazaa that had it (including me) i&#39;ve now taken the liberty to send it to another person personally through aim and at leaste five people have downloaded it from me so it should be less rare by now.

learn some fucking grammer dumb ass
Someone disagrees with you and you call them a dumbass?

As far as calling us posers, I was listening to Metallica before you were born, and this is not the Metallica that I grew up on. They have every right to change, just as I have every right to not buy the album.

But you being a dick because of a difference in opinon is uncalled for. If that&#39;s how you plan on living your life, good luck. I&#39;ll see you next time I order a Big Mac, because that&#39;s about the only you&#39;re going to be doing with that attitude.

shiban
05-28-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler+27 May 2003 - 20:08--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 27 May 2003 - 20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Evil Fish@27 May 2003 - 20:18

With all due respect, I don&#39;t give a shit about how music is written. It has to be pleasing to my ears, and this song was average at best. I&#39;ll give praise when praise is due, and this song was disappointing. :huh:

Edit: The CD is still not out yet. If you are lucky, there might be a rip of this by the weekend. [/b][/quote]
Right on.

Evil Fish
05-28-2003, 01:52 AM
to a musicians ear the music was extremely pleasing. I can&#39;t understand why you would call it dissapointing, that just doesn&#39;t seem feesable. The music was extremely well composed the lyrics (though I&#39;m not a lyricist myself) were meaningful, not like the often cliche lyrics of bands like SOAD. I think not liking a song because it didn&#39;t meet every single picky criteria you set before it is very closed minded and by doing this you come off looking stubborn almost like you don&#39;t want to like the song.

I&#39;m a classically trained musician and i&#39;ve been offered scholorships to some of the best music schools in the world, it wont be me whos flippin burgers.

I didn&#39;t call him a dumb ass cuz he had a different opinion, I called him a dumb ass cuz he doesn&#39;t know how to speak english. "more faster" is incorrect.

SETI_CruncherXy
05-28-2003, 03:37 AM
whoo hoo&#33; way to argue&#33;
:blink:

Ad
05-28-2003, 03:59 AM
I think that its a load of bullshit about no solos too in thsi album I mean come on what will kurk do stand there and play the same rythm wont happen