V FOR VENDETTA SE D1
V FOR VENDETTA SE D2 (DVD5)
1900 D1
1900 D2
OKLAHOMA 50TH ANNV. D1
OKLAHOMA 50TH ANNV. D2

AND MORE ON THE WAY:

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION SE (2DISC)
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL SE (2DISC)
BAD BOYS 1983
WILD BUNCH SE (2DISC)
SPIDERMAN 1 SE (2DISC) AND SUPERBIT
SPIDERMAN 2 SE (2DISC) AND SUPERBIT
NARNIA (EXTENDED ED. 4 DISC)
MEN IN BLACK (2DISC DELUXE ED) AND SUPERBIT
BLACK HAWK DOWN (3DISC DELUXE ED) AND SUPERBIT

TRAPDOOR IS DEDICATED TO POSTING THE MOST ACCURATE, VIDEO_TS (NON-ISO) COMPATABLE
DVD9 COMPILATIONS WITH COMPLETE DISC MATERIALS (READY FOR PRE-PROCESSING OR BURNING
WITH PROPER DVD9 TOOLS LIKE DVDREMAKE, PGCEDIT/IMGBURN OR GEAR SW) FOR THE USENET
COMMUNITY, WITH PREFERENCE GIVEN TO THOSE REVIEWED AS THE BEST VIDEO AND AUDIO
AVAILABLE, WITH HIGH-QUALITY RE-ISSUES OF CLASSIC TITLES, IN FULL DVD9 FORMAT.

YOU MAKE THE DECISION! YOU DO THE RECODE/SPLIT/STRIP/DVD9, WHATEVER WAY YOU WANT!
ALL EXTRAS AND BONUS MATERIALS ALWAYS THERE!

REMEMBER, ALL TRAPDOOR RELEASES ARE PASSWORD PROTECTED WITH WINRAR TO ALLOW PROPER
DISTRIBUTION THROUGH USENET; NFO'S AND NZB'S (WITH PASSWORD KEYFILE) ARE RELEASED
*ONLY* AFTER COMPLETE VERIFICATION OF FILES AND DISTRIBUTION (USUALLY 45 DAYS),
WELL WITHIN THE RETENTION OF MAJOR PREMIUM PROVIDERS.

FOR THOSE 'ON THE CHEAP' UTILIZING THE LOW-RETENTION/LOW-COMPLETION SERVERS, TAKE A
LOOK AT THE 'BLOCK' ACCOUNTS AVAILABLE AT ASTRAWEB OR USENET-NEWS AMONG OTHERS.

***"MOST 'PROBLEMS' ARE SOLVED BY UTILIZING TWO SIMPLE TECHNIQUES:
1. USE THE POSTED NZB FILE AND YOU'LL GET ALL THE FILES INCLUDING PAR2 REPAIR FILES
AND PW FILE.
2. USE QUICKPAR TO PROPERLY REPAIR ANY TRANSMISSION GLITCHES IN THE RECIEVED FILES" ***

ALL NFO'S CONTAIN PROPER DISC IDENTIFICATION THROUGH COMMERCIAL SITES; NO WONDERING
WHICH EDITION IT IS!

***AND REMEMBER: ALWAYS USE ORIGINAL GENERATED/POSTED NZB (ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!) OR
YOU SIMPLY WON'T D/L THE KEYFILE!

WATCH FOR TRAPDOOR NFO'S AND NZB'S IN THE DAYS AHEAD!
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A goodly number of these I've posted here in the movies section; I checked those that I've d/l'ed, and on Giganews they are all still there (100 days helps!). All the nfos and nzb's look like they're still there as well, so the one's I've missed posting here should still be avilable with a good search engine on your pgm.

Broken
03-03-2007, 05:28 AM
why is this a thread?

General2k
03-03-2007, 06:22 AM
why is this a thread?
Its about time a DVD9 group is born.
Thanks for the info Beck38
Do they have a website/request board?

fugazi26
03-03-2007, 06:35 AM
why is this a thread?

I think the better question is why is it all in caps?

General2k
03-03-2007, 07:10 AM
why is this a thread?

Looks like he copy and pasted the CAPS part from a nfo or some text source.

Beck38
03-03-2007, 01:35 PM

Looks like he copy and pasted the CAPS part from a nfo or some text source.

A direct 'copy' straight from the a.b.dvd9, pasted here simply if folks missed it. I scan a goodly 10 ng's on a pretty constant basis, looking for nfo's/nzb's, txt's, and a couple other filetypes. Get a rather large amount of what's not 'listed' on Newzbin or here for that matter. These posts are rarely listed on either, so I kinda took it upon myself to list them as I find them.

I do a lot of recoding myself (have a machine set up for that plus burning), so place a high priority on dvd9's (occasionally will pull out a dual-layer disc on great stuff with dts sound or a 'classic', but you'd be surprised at the number of titles that can be 'split' into movie/extras with little or no recoding. And I LIKE extras..! There are a fair amount out there, both in the 'proper' ng or not. But this is just about the best 'source' IF one has a good server; I gave up trying with anything less than Giganews 2-3 years ago, 'pay the man' and rarely get even a single file repair.

The Superbit stuff hopefully upcomming is of great interest, have rarely seen those posted over the years!

getmesum
03-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the info Beck38 And you're right, superbit stuff is rare. It is awesome stuff too!

thanks again!

UsenetGuy
03-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Cool :D I always try to get a dvd9 instead of the crappy re-encodes the scene groups release with the extras and stuff cut out. Hopefully TRAPDOOR will be able to get the latest films, like the scene does, that way we will be able to get DVD9s

Beck38
03-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Cool :D I always try to get a dvd9 instead of the crappy re-encodes the scene groups release with the extras and stuff cut out. Hopefully TRAPDOOR will be able to get the latest films, like the scene does, that way we will be able to get DVD9s

The dvd's are generally of older flicks, but newer issues/re-issues, like 'Forbidden Planet' 50th Anniversary. In that case, I don't think anyone ever posted the 2nd disc with 'The Invisable Boy'. But in doing that, the postings are more in the 2+ discs 'special editions' and the like, rather than the initial single discs.

They all seem to be in a.b.dvd9, even where the 2nd disc is a dvd5. In the case of 'Planet', the film was able to be stripped out no-recode from the extras, the same with D2 and 'The Invisable Boy'. The 'scene' releases attempted to add 'some' of the extras with a recode job.

The uploads look fairly slow, though, maybe 20+ per month. But well worth it.

General2k
03-04-2007, 03:13 AM
With internet speeds getting faster and faster this is the way to go. DVD9s are the way of the future, hopefully TRAPDOOR isn't ahead of its time.

Beck38
03-04-2007, 03:31 AM
With internet speeds getting faster and faster this is the way to go. DVD9s are the way of the future, hopefully TRAPDOOR isn't ahead of its time.

Then again, I take a look at these HD posts and my jaw drops. 20 or 40GB....
Yikes. Just when it looks like the speeds improve to make things basically veasable, the amount of data leaps to new heights!

UsenetGuy
03-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Theres also a new scene group that are doing R1 DVD9s now. They are called XENOFiLE. As far as I know none of their releases are on usenet yet.

They have released so far:
Fast.Food.Nation.LiMiTED.R1.NTSC.DVD9-XENOFiLE
Borat.R1.NTSC.DVD9-XENOFiLE
Half.Nelson.LIMITED.R1.NTSC.DVD9-XENOFiLE
Tenacious.D.The.Pick.Of.Destiny.R1.NTSC.DVD9-XENOFiLE
This.Film.Is.Not.Yet.Rated.LIMITED.R1.NTSC.DVD9-XENOFiLE

Hopefully we'll start to see a lot more DVD9s now :happy:

WHiKWiRE
03-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey Beck38 props out to you for the dvd9 releases. Finally got my copy of V for Vendetta. Keep these releases coming your owning the DVD9's. :D

Beck38
03-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Like I said, I scan/sift/whatever the 10 or so movie groups with a keen eye toward dvd9's. It has tended to come and go over the last x years/months, then there's always the problem of no nfo's, verifying the contents, ect., jisting up an nzb if one wasn't provided, all the usual nonsense. In some cases it's okay to get the typical replica release and such, the extras may be slim to none, and the decisions (if listed!) are what I'd do.

But, on the whole, d/l time/speed/capacity is not at a premium, and I'd rather 'do it myself'. And a lot of folks don't list the recope specs very well if at all, so one really doesn't know what you're getting. But there are some real finds out there, that are pretty stable and continual, at least at present; but some of the best are the easiest to find IF one does the grunt work (tried and true d/l headers and the like).